Tao's pov

We Resemble One Another And We Are Connected

I awoke to my phone ringing and Kris' arm slumped lazily over my body. I groaned and picked up my phone.

"What do you want?" I asked, groggily rubbing at my eyes with my free hand.
"You shouldn't greet people like that you know?" I sighed as I heard Chen's voice through the speaker. "Could of been someone important." 
"Oh I'm sorry your highness," I said sarcastically. "Didn't know you were someone important." 
"Harsh," Chen whined, chuckling a bit.
"Okay but seriously what do you want?" I asked again. 
"The rest of the group all agreed to go bowling today, you coming? Ask Kris as well obviously," I looked at the sleeping Kris besides me.
"Hang on," I sighed into the receiver. I placed my mobile onto the bedside table.
"Kris," I said, shaking Kris slightly. I wish he wasn't such a heavy sleeper. I got out of bed and stood opposite his sleeping form. 
"3.2,1!" I shouted as I jumped onto his body, earning a groan from Kris.
"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!" I shouted as I continued to shake him. Kris opened his eyes slightly and scowled. 
"Will you leave me alone?" Kris said, pushing himself up against the headboard. 
"Chen wanted to know if you wanted to go bowling? With the rest of the group of course," I asked, reaching over to grab my phone again.
"Well if you're going why not," he shrugged. Even though it was a simple statement, I could feel the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.
"Yeah we'll come," I said into my phone, nodding even though Chen couldn't see me.
"Kris is in your bedroom huh?" Chen teased, making me blush slightly. How I wish I never told Chen I was in love with my best friend.
"Shut up will you," I hissed.
"Yeah yeah okay," he said, laughing slightly. "Meet me outside my house at 5." 
"Okay see you then, bye Chen," I agreed.
"Bye Tao!" Chen laughed. When I turned around, Kris was already looking at me.
"What time are we meeting the others?" Kris asked, leaning his head back against the headboard and looking towards the ceiling. 
"5, so we have..." I trailed off, looking at my watch. It was 2pm. Wow we slept late. "It's 2 now so we have three hours to have food, get ready and do whatever." 
Kris nodded. "I'll go jump in the shower then." He explained, throwing the covers off him. To say that I just looked at Kris' torso was an understatement I was practically drooling. 
"Tao?" Kris asked, waving his hand. I shook my head and blushed. I can't believe I just openly stared at my best friend's chest and back and he caught me as well. 
"Yeah?" I asked, keeping my voice even. 
"You keep spacing out, you okay?" Kris asked, smirking. he's onto me.
"Perfectly fine thanks Kris," I said, picking up Kris' shirt and throwing it at his face. "Go take a shower you smell." 
"Wow I'm flattered," Kris said, walking into the bathroom. Ugh why does he do this to me. I opened my wardrobe and rummaged through my clothes. I picked out a plain white t shirt and some skinny jeans. I put them on the side and walked over to my speaker. I put on a random song and started to get dressed. I swayed slightly along to the song that was playing and took my clothes off. I grabbed a pair of boxers from my draw and put them on followed by the skinny jeans I had picked out just now. I must not of heard Kris walk in due to the music playing but he began to sing along to the song. I smiled. After the song finished, I turned around to turn the music player off only to be greeted with Kris staring at my upper body. Interesting. I saw a light blush creep up his neck and cheeks. I chose not to say anything but a smirk found its way onto my lips. I turned the speaker off and put on my t shirt.
"Hey Tao can I borrow some clothes?" Kris asked. "I didn't think we were going anywhere today so I didn't bring any." I nodded, looking in my wardrobe. 
I threw him a grey t shirt and some black jeans. "These should fit you." 
"Thanks Taozi," Kris smiled. I turned away. Ah that perfect smile.
"Anyway, what do you want for food?" I asked, picking things up off the floor and putting them away. 
"Didn't we have left over pizza from last night?" Kris suggested, helping me out by making my bed.
"Oh yeah we'll just heat that up," I said, walking out of my room Kris following behind. We made our way downstairs and into the kitchen. My parents were away for a week for a business trip so I asked if Kris wanted to stay for a few days. I turned the microwave on while Kris got the pizza out of the fridge. We put the pizza in the microwave and sat at the table.
"We haven't done anything as a whole group for a while," Kris said. "I'm actually quite excited."
"Yeah it'll be fun," I agreed, nodding slightly. "But if we're on different teams I'll kick your ." 
"I would like to see you try panda boy," Kris smirked at me. 
"If my ball was going to go in the gutter I could just pause time and move it," I smiled. "Instant points." 
Kris opened his mouth to say something but the microwave pinging interrupted him. Kris stood up and took the pizza out of the microwave, wincing because the plate was hot.
"You're such an idiot," I laughed, causing him to glare at me. "What? It literally just came out of the microwave and you wasn't expecting it to be hot?" His glare melted away only to be replaced with a small pout.
"Taozi stop~" Kris whined, putting the pizza in the middle of the table.
"You know your aegyo only works on Chanyeol," I sighed.
"It's worth a shot," he said, taking a piece of pizza and biting into it. After we had finished our food we decided to play video games for a while. I checked my watch. 4:30
"Kris we should brush our teeth and then bounce, it's half past," I explained.
"Okay let's go," Kris nodded. We walked to the bathroom and brushed our teeth, Kris using the spare toothbrush I keep in my house just in case he stays over. We both threw on a pair of shoes and started to walk to Chen's house.  It didn't take long to get to Chen's house as he lived only a few blocks away from me. I knocked on Chen's door, Kris stood behind me. After a few moments, Chen's head popped out from behind the door. 
"Good to see you guys!" Chen smiled, gesturing for them to come in.
"You saw us yesterday," Kris said, chuckling slightly. Aah his laugh is adorable. Contain yourself Zitao!
"Well still," Chen said, as we walked up to his room. "By the way Xiumin will come and pick us up in.." 
"10 minutes," I said, finishing his sentence. 
"Ah yeah how'd you know?" Chen asked, looking curiously at me.
"It's 10 minutes till 5," I stated, shaking my head slightly. Chen pouted.
"Well sorry your highness, a peasant like me doesn't have a watch," Chen smirked as I started to pout.
"Stop calling me that," I whined, hitting his head lightly. Kris watched us, obviously amused by the scene in front of him. I was just about to say something but was interrupted by beeping outside.
"And there's Xiumin," Chen said, grabbing his jacket and walking down the stairs with Kris and I following behind. We opened the door and was greeted by Xiumin and Luhan. They both had big grins on their faces. They definitely seemed excited.
"How come you're not with Sehun, Luhan?" Kris asked, getting into the car. 
"Baozi offered to pick me up as well because we all live closer together than the others," Luhan said, flashing a smile to the people in the back seat. 
"Right we have to go pick up Yixing and then off to the bowling alley!" Xiumin exclaimed. 
 
—————————————————
 
 
 
The bowling alley was actually pretty empty considering it was a Saturday. Chen, Luhan, Xiumin, Kris, Yixing and I all walked together up to the counter. I jumped when I heard my name shouted by someone behind us. I turned around. Of course it was Chanyeol, can't mistake that deep voice.
"Will you shut up?" Suho said, hitting Chanyeol on the arm. "You're embarrassing." 
"Let's just get to bowling, okay?" Kyungsoo spoke up from behind Chanyeol. 
"I'm really excited!" Luhan screeched, running over to Sehun. "Hunnie isn't this going to be fun~?"
Sehun smiled at his excited boyfriend. "Of course it'll be fun, Hannie." I laughed as Chen made gagging noises in the background.
"Let's go," I said, walking over to the counter, Kris by my side and our friends excitedly talking behind us. 
 
 
——————————————
 
We played Rock Paper Scissors to determine who was going on which team. The team leaders were Yixing and Chanyeol.  The people on Chanyeol's team were Baekhyun, Jongin, Sehun, Xiumin and Kyungsoo. The people on Yixing's team were Kris, Me, Chen, Luhan and Suho. 
"Okay we have two white boards with numbers from 1-10," Jogin explained, gesturing to the whiteboards. "The first team to get every number wins." We all nodded in understanding. 
"Okay Luhan you're first." 
"Okay!" Luhan said happily, picking up a bowling ball and getting ready. This was gonna take forever. 
 
——————————————
 
Both teams had only the number 2 left. Even after throwing countless of times we still couldn't hit two. Even when we didn't try we got strikes.
"Let's each choose a member and have them verse eachother," Kyungsoo said looking exhausted, his head resting on Jongin's shoulder. 
"Okay, we'll send Baekhyun, he's definitely improved a lot," Chanyeol suggested, his team mates agreeing with him.
"We'll send Kris then," I said, looking around at our team mates for confirmation. "He's definitely improved."
"Thank you Taozi~" Kris teased getting up to grab a bowling ball, tripping on the small step in front.
"Will you stop calling me that?" Tao sighed.
"Never." 
 
——————————————
 
Turns out Kris didn't improve that much. We walked home from Chen's house after the bowling match. Chanyeol's team won in the end. Kris wrapped his arm around me and sighed.
"It's too cold~" he whined. 
"I know it is let's just get home quick and it'll be warm," I said, leaning my head on his shoulder. If anyone saw us right now they would think we were in a relationship. I chuckled mentally. I wish. We finally arrived home, throwing off our shoes and then going straight up to my bedroom. I threw my t shirt somewhere in the room and got out of my jeans slipping under the warm duvet covers. Kris did the same and followed suit. I led on my side while Kris did the same wrapping his arm around my waist like we usually sleep. 
"G'night Tao," Kris slurred sleepily, yawning afterwards.
"G'night Kris," I whispered, turning off the lamp and closing my eyes.