Friends

We Resemble One Another And We Are Connected

Kris and Tao arrived at the meeting point. Tao sighed. 

"Great" Tao thought, scowling. "I guess we weren't going to be late." Kris and Tao sat on the grass quietly, hands still interlaced. The cool breeze swept through the boys' hair.

"I swear to god if they don't hurry up we're eating without them," Kris grumbled looking up at the pale blue sky, luckily a cloud was covering the sun so he wasn't getting blinded. 

"Finally," Tao breathed out, watching as two figures approached them.

"Took you long enough," Kris said, reaching into his bag to get his lunch out.

Lay smiled apologetically, " the others are on their way"

"Kris wait don't eat, the others aren't here yet!" Suho scolded moving over to sit next to Tao and Kris.

"Yes mum" Kris said sarcastically, Suho smiled.

"Damn right" Suho said chuckling, gripping Lay's hand and sitting down with Lay right next to him. They had to be one of the cutest couples in the group. The only official ones were Sehun & Luhan, Suho & Lay and Baekhyun & Chanyeol. Tao hated to admit but he longed for a relationship like Lay and Suho's they were just so cute together. He grimaced.

"Yo Tao you okay?" Tao heard Kris ask beside him, rubbing his thumb soothingly on the back of Tao's hand.

"ugh you're making it worse you idiot" Tao thought, wondering what it would be like to be able to kiss those lips whenever he wanted to.

"Yeah I'm just thinking y'know" Tao replied. Kris nodded, secretly still worried for the Blond haired boy. He decided not to push further. The small group heard loud voices coming their way. They all recognised the voices at once. Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Even though they were adorable together they had to be the loudest people to ever grace this earth. A perfect match.

"Still as loud as ever" Kris said as Chanyeol, Baekhyun and the rest of the group got close enough to hear them.

"When are they not quiet" Minseok grimaced, pouting as Baekhyun and Chanyeol got even louder.

"Okay will you two shut up and sit down im starving, don't make me go full wushu on your asses" Tao threatened, grabbing his bag to get his lunch out. Chanyeol and Baekhyun seemed to understand as they pecked each other on the lips and sat down quietly. They've seen what Tao can do in training when they tagged along to one of his classes (more like forced Tao to let them go) and they did not want to mess with him, he's scary when he's not being a teenage girl.

"Okay children dig in," Suho laughed at the group as they all turned to glare at him, except Lay of course, he was content with eating his lunch while resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. Suho's head rested comfortably on top of Lay's.

"Okay will you two stop being so cute I will throw up" Chen said taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Just because you want a relationship like theirs," Minseok spoke up earning a 'that's my baozi' from Luhan.

"Shush you" Chen said, punching Minseok on the arm. It was so obvious Chen had a crush on Minseok. Everyone rolled their eyes at Minseok and Chen's daily disagreement, continuing to eat their lunch. 

"It's nice when it's quiet" Tao thought looking around at the group. 12 of them in total.

Luhan had his head in Sehun's lap, feeding Sehun things from his lunchbox with chopsticks. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were excitedly talking about something to each other, unfortunately sometimes speaking with their mouths full but when the food was gone stealing quick kisses, both of them smiling against each others lips. Jongin and Kyungsoo sat next to eachother, quietly eating their food. And it wasn't a big surprise that Jongin had chicken in his lunch box either. Chen and Minseok were also talking, sometimes punching eachother lightly on the arm or the leg. Lay and Suho were still in the same position as earlier. Even though they weren't looking at eachother they would talk quietly, most probably whispering sweet nothings to eachother. If there's one thing the liked to do as a couple it's complimenting each other. Kris and Tao's fingers were still interlaced using their left hands to eat whatever they were eating. 

"we should do something together after school," Sehun suggested, unconsciously Luhan's hair as he did so. 

"Sorry no can do Sehunnie, Kyungie is helping me out with some work that I missed when I was sick" Jongin said, smiling at Sehun and then patting Kyungsoo on the shoulder. "On the weekend maybe?" 

"Yeah let's do something together on the weekend!" Luhan practically screeched.

"Yeahs sure why not" they all agreed. "We'll decide on what to do on Friday"

Kris sighed, catching Tao's attention.

"Whaddup man?" Tao asked, doing the same as Kris was doing earlier, rubbing his thumb over Kris' hand.

"Do you ever want to tell them about your power?" Kris whispered, leaning close to Tao's ear and holding a hand up to cover his mouth. Kris' hot breath brushed over Tao's ear causing him to shiver.

"Of course I do but what if they think of us as freaks, I don't want to lose them" Tao sighed sadly.

"Yeah, you're right" Kris agreed, giving Tao's hand a reassuring squeeze. What they didn't know was that the boys they were afraid that would leave them if they told them about their powers, were in the exact same position they were in.