Powers

We Resemble One Another And We Are Connected

Tao and Kris lived normal lives. They went to a normal school with normal people and lived in a normal house with a normal family. Tao and Kris themselves, well, I guess you could say they weren't so normal. They had powers. Yes it sounds like something written in a story but it's true. Kris and Tao are best friends, inseparable in fact, even in highschool. They knew about each others powers of course, they knew everything about each other, Tao found out about his power when he was about 8 or 9 years old, Tao was in a local park with a few friends he met from school. Tao, of course wanted to show off. He decided that he was gonna swing really high and jump off to show people how cool he was. He kicked his legs back and forth getting up to a satisfying height. Before Tao could change his mind he jumped. He knew that he had swung too high. Tao closed his eyes, silently pleading for time to reverse or slow down so he wouldn't get hurt. Suddenly, everything went quiet. He felt his body shift slightly. Tao's eyes shot open, his eyes widening as he looked down. He was still sat on the swing. Tao looked at his surroundings, everything was frozen. Before Tao could do anything, everything started moving again as if nothing happened. After giving an excuse to his friends about leaving, Tao walked home quietly. As soon as he arrived at his house, Tao went straight up to his bedroom ignoring his mum as she asked him what was wrong, the worry evident in her voice. After experimenting for a while with his newly discovered power, Tao knew this was real, he knew that he really had powers. From that day he swore to keep it a secret until he met someone like him. Kris' version was a little less dramatic so to say. Kris had decided to go down to the lakes with his friends. Kris was on the stepping stones while his friends were sat on the side.

'Oi Yifan, throw me that stick' His friend shouted holding his palms out in a catching position 

Kris smirked at his friend, "don't call me that" 

Kris picked up the stick and got ready to throw it, aiming right at his friend's head. Just as he threw the stick, he slipped on the rocks, letting out a girlish shriek as he hit his ankle on something hard plunging into the icy cold water below. Kris had sprained his ankle. He had managed to get a day off school but his parents still had to go to work so he was left in the house alone for a few hours. After a while of just watching TV, eating and drinking soda, Kris needed to go to the bathroom. He stood in front of the stairs, wishing there was another way to get up to the bathroom. Kris closed his eyes and sighed. His body started to feel light. When he opened his eyes he gasped. His feet were hovering above the ground.

"Yeah, definitely tired," Kris said to himself, trying to take a step forward but instead gliding forwards, his feet still not returning to the ground. 

"Okay," Kris thought "go up." His body shot upwards slighty, Kris reached his hand out and touched the ceiling. Kris grinned.

"THIS IS SO COOL!" Kris shouted excitedly, fist pumping the air and wincing when he accidentally punched the ceiling.

"Down" Kris thought. His body lowered to the ground softly, Kris completely forgetting about his injury at that moment. He would keep this a secret until he found someone like him.

 

(A/n: Ah first chapter hope you enjoy! Sorry it's so long I tend to stretch things out but the longer the better right?)