C h a p t e r 4 0

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      Joongki, Seyeon, and Jongsuk came out from the bedroom and in the living room they were surprised. 

They noticed Sungjong supporting Gain's weight over his much smaller body, "Her water broke! Call Kim Woobin right now!" 

Woobin came into Soohyun's crowded bedroom with his doctor box.As Joongki and Jongsuk followed him in, on each side of the bed Seyeon and Sungjong were present. Moments later, even Jihyun was seen coming in, holding the hand of a male child around three years of age—her baby.   "Everyone give her some space!" Woobin demanded. Gain was lying on top of the bed with Seyeon holding onto her hand. 

"You're a doctor?" Seyeon asked slightly surprised. 

"Yeah and I want to ask that everyone leaves so we can prepare for her delivery. I only need two people to help me in here so if you think you can handle staying in here then put these gloves, mask, and apron on. Otherwise don't come in unless I ask you to." Woobin said in a rushed tone.  

Jongsuk, Joongki, and Jihyun and her child ended up leaving the room. Sungyeol soon joined them when he heard of the commotion. 

"Is she having her baby right now?" Sungyeol asked. 

"It's still a few days early though, isn't it?" Jongsuk asked as he has been away. 

"I don't know." Joongki replied softly. 

"But where's Seungho?" Sungyeol asked, of all people he was more eager to find Seungho. He wasn't closed to the mermen after all. 

"With Soohyun outside." Jongsuk answered, "Wait, we should tell Soohyun Gain is giving birth!" 

"What do you m-mean I can lose them both?" Soohyun asked with a blank yet worried expression. 

"Even though we're sirens you still have to realize the facts that you are a dragon and she is a pure-blood mermaid. And dragon fetus are meant to be bigger than mermen, she will not be able to give birth to your child safely Soohyun."

"Are you saying....There's a possibility they may both die?"

"If the lower half of your child is a dragon then it may live."

"Then what if the upper part is....I mean won't it just come out as a human baby? Then maybe it can transform once its older?"

"You have no human left in you Soohyun, the only thing keeping you alive is the dragon ball and because any dragons with dragon balls can transform. You're bascially a full blooded dragon in a man form."

"I don't believe you....Gain is strong enough to have it safely...." Soohyun said with uncertainty. 

"I should have warned you. This is the reason why dragons do not mate with mermen or humans. Because most of the time their fetuses and the females will die together." 

"You're lying to me....You're lying to me Seungho!" 

"Seungho!" 

They both noticed the tall Sungyeol running over, "Seungho, yes I was here first. That Sungjong will never get to rely the message to Jiyong. Seungho!" Sungyeol mumbled and shouted as he stopped beside them. "Seungho, I have a question for you." 

"What is it?"

"Jiyong was wondering," Sungyeol paused when he noticed Soohyun's presence, "Oh by the way, Gain is giving birth right now."

"What?" Soohyun asked, eyebrows raising, and jaw dropping. 

Sungyeol pointed toward the house, "Yeah Gain's having the baby right now, but anyway Seungho—"

Soohyun wasted no second as he charged toward his place. 

"No need to run, some guy said for everyone to wait outside until he calls anyone in! They won't let you in even if you run!" Sungyeol shouted toward Soohyun's direction. "He must be very happy." Sungyeol said to Seungho. 

"Let's go." Seungho said as he started walking toward the house, leaving Sungyeol confused. 

"But you haven't answered me yet! Legend Seungho!" 

"The fetus isn't coming out!" Seyeon said. 

"Don't scare Gain! Gain I'll need you to push harder!" 

Gain squeezed Sungjong's hand so hard that it turned purple and lost all of its blood for a moment. Sungjong was stomping his feet at the pain. 

"I can't tell what's coming." Woobin said. 

"Hurry Gain, take deep breaths and hurry!" 

Soohyun broke into the room and stopped at the sight. All he could see was the colored of his sheets covered with blood. 

Gain's blood. 

"Didn't I say no one comes in until I give them the word?!" Woobin shouted. 

Soohyun's forehead was covered with sweat beads and so was Gain's. 

"Someone take him out!" Woobin demanded. 

"Jongsuk and Joongki grab him!" Seyeon demanded when she noticed the two lad in the back. 

"Soohyun come out you're distracting them." Jongsuk said from behind. 

"No I want to watch, may I watch....Gain?" Soohyun asked. The lass was out of breath and was barely concious. 

"She's dying, perform C-section before she loses anymore blood." Everyone noticed Seungho at the door. "Now Kim Woobin." 

Soohyun took over Sungjong's spot and clapped Gain's hand into his own. "I'll be here with you." He whispered only to her. 

"Then I'll cut you now...." Woobin said. 

As Sungjong and Seyeon continued to help Woobin, Jihyun was playing with her child outside of the house. Sungyeol, Jongsuk, and Joongki waited outside in the living room patiently. 

They could hear Gain's pai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter