C h a p t e r 1 9

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


❝ Where's our leader? ❞       On yet another sunny day, an older lady was resting on a bench facing the sea. The nice wind brushed past her wrinkling pale skin and her long, loose dress flowed with the wind.    She could hear seagulls calling out to one another as they flew high up into the sky. Aside from the seagulls cries, the sound of ongoing traffic behind her and the clashing of the sea were also audible.    She wore a sly smile on her aged face as she scan the approaching waves. Then she noticed something moving in the water.    Her eyes were fixed on the something.    After a big wave crashed against the seashore and was leaving, she saw three heads then men rising from under the waves. Her heart stopped and she froze.    The three continued to walk out from the water, all soaked in water. And what shocked her the most was the fact that they were all .    And they all looked like trouble. Soohyun entered Jiyeon's room quietly and saw that she had already gotten up from her bed. But her bed wasn't the only thing emptied. Her closest and drawers were as well.    In the middle of her bed she had left him a note.    Soohyun grabbed it and read it carefully.    "I went to auntie's house. I may never come back again and I become comfortable here. Take care of yourself. Love, Jiyeon"    Soohyun let out a heavy sigh. "Now you're even running away because of him." Soohyun was so caught up in Jiyeon's room that he didn't even noticed the three intruders. They walked in a single file line and right into his room.    There they put on the clothes they've chosen from his closet.    Soohyun sighed as he walked into the bathroom some time later, as he the faucet and washed his face. He couldn't hear as the now dressed men walked past him and headed outside again.    Soohyun looked up into the mirror to see a reflection of himself, his handsome face drenched in water. His long black bangs were wet and stuck to his skin as well.    "Exactly in what world did they came from? That they think they can just walk all over me? Yoo Seungho, didn't you promise me that you would take care of Jiyeon, how can you be the cause for her running away?" Soohyun asked himself as the water continued to run.    Finally he looked away and turned off the water in the bathroom, then headed into his room and over to his closet. 

"I'm dating Soohyun now." Seyeon said looking into Seungho's face with her arms folded across her stomach. Seungho turned his gaze toward her as they stood outside in the middle of a garden hidden in a park, ignoring that of life around them. 

"It's time you get rid of her." 

Seungho thought for a moment before replying, "I can't do that." 

Seyeon's face turned sour, "Why not?" 

"Since you're not telling me where my mother is, she's the only key I have now to finding my mother." 

"Seungho, once you send her away I'll tell you where your mother is. You don't need that mermaid and so do I, so get rid of her. Kill her if you have to." 

"And start a war with the Pacific?" 

"The pacific is nothing without their leaders. Didn't all eleven of them die already? And isn't she the last of the royal family? If you kill her then you can take over her waters. It's a win-win case for you Seungho." 

"You know I don't want more waters." 

"You will." 

"How do you know?" 

"Your father came to see me. Like you, he's looking for your mother. He's trying to get rid of you Seungho, so your only option for now is to either kill Gain or take her back to the Pacific and become her partner, so you can have half of the Pacific's ownership." 

"Or I can just have you." Seungho said calmly. 

"You know that's not an option." Seyeon said sternly. 

"Why not? I've done everything you asked of me, I even wasted two years here when I could be looking for my mother—"

"Don't forget that's because you owed me your life. You said so yourself, that you will protect and help me always." 

Seungho bit down on his jaws, "That's because back then I thought I could have you if I'm alway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter