x05

The Bucket List

Sunrays were Ha Ni’s face as she woke up. Groaning in pain she opened her eyes. Her head hurt terribly and she needed a moment to realize were she was. Looking around she realized that she was in her room. “Oh god what happened yesterday?” she mumbled and tried to process everything in her head. She slowly left her bed and entered the bathroom. Looking into the mirror a terribly looking Ha Ni greeted her “Oh my gosh…” She quickly showered and kept trying to remember what happened last night. Bit by bit pieces of memories came back into her head and she winced: “God damn it Mark carried me all the way home AND he tried to stop me from drinking oh shoot…”
Jumping out of the shower and getting dressed she decided to call Mark. Her head was still hurting as she slowly went towards her kitchen to grab some water. Entering the kitchen she found a pot of hot hangover soup on her table, next to it a note from Mark: “You owe me one honey. – Mark” Ha Ni groaned again and immediately called Mark.

“Yo drunkhead alive again?!”, Mark greeted her. Hearing that Ha Ni winced: “Mark I’m so so so sorry you don’t even know omg I feel so bad! I really owe you one! Did I do something terrible? My drinking habits are kinda…”
Mark laughed after hearing her whining: “Aaaaw no it’s ok , you were pretty calm.”
“Did you stay the whole night? And why did you even bother to make a soup oh my god I feel so bad.”
“Yes I was afraid you’d throw up but nothing happened, don’t worry. Just enjoy your soup and I expect you to treat me to dinner soon! Gotta hang up now, have some things to do. Rest well ok?”
“Ugh yes I will! I seriously owe you that! Yes, I will. Thank you! See you soon!”

As soon as Ha Ni hung up her phone rang again. It was Namjoon. “Yooo Ha Ni! I’m coming now! Got all the ingredients for the cake ready will arrive in one hour.”
“Namjoon stop screaming my head hurts. Alright I’ll wait for you, see you.”, without waiting for a reply Ha Ni just hung up and started digging the soup. After that she quickly cleaned up her place and changed her clothes. Soon after she was finished the doorbell rang. She slowly walked to the front door and before she could open it the bell rang impatiently again. It made her groan in annoyance and as she opened the door she just glared at the smiling Namjoon, turned around and jumped on her sofa. “I swear to god Namjoon, behave or I’ll kick your .”
“Whoooo someone’s in bad mood today! What happened?”
“Well some smart ditched me yesterday?! So I went out with Mark and had too many drinks.”
“You drank?? With MARK?? Since when are you guys that close?”
“It just happened I didn’t want to stay home and Mark was free so we went out it was nice. Gosh stop screaming and get me some water.”
“Chill ok? I’m sorry princess, I’ll get you some water.”

Namjoon carried all the stuff to the kitchen and got Ha Ni and himself something to drink. After sitting down next to Ha Ni he asked again: “So since when are you and Mark that close? Do I have to get jealous?”
Shooting him a glare Ha Ni answered: “May I remind you that Mark is living close to me and apparently is easier to reach than you? And he is really cool to hang out with why are you even getting jealous when you are the one who ditched me yesterday???”
“Ok I’m sorry ok? I was just wondering! And you know very well that I barely see my girlfriend. But hey gonna spend a few days with you now so we really can work on our bucket list!”
“Hmm…can we just rest a bit first? My head still hurts.”, Ha Ni just mumbled tired of hearing Namjoon’s excuse “I barely see my girlfriend” and rested her head on his shoulder.

Just as she was starting to calm down and nearly fell asleep Namjoon’s phone started to buzz. He quickly answered the phone and got up to talk in private. Ha Ni groaned in annoyance. There was seriously no time she could rest properly today. Not wanting to give up on her rest she just laid flat on her sofa, closed her eyes again and soon fell asleep.

Finishing his phone call Namjoon went back to the living room to find Ha Ni sleeping on the sofa. He chuckled and sat on the floor facing her. He could see the exhaustion on her face and back a hair strand. “Ha Ni you seriously always make me worried, huh?” He decided to let her rest for a while and went to the kitchen to cook something small for both of them and prepare the things for the cake they wanted to make later on.

 

Ha Ni woke up one hour later to the smell of fresh cooked food. Stretching her body she walked towards the kitchen and saw Namjoon walking around in her kitchen. “No way! Namjoon’s cooking?! It’s been ages since I last saw you cooking! I’m not dreaming right?”, she exclaimed in disbelief.
“Oh shut up! I’m still better and less clumsy than you!”, Namjoon laughed, “Just be thankful and sit down.”
“I think I like to get used to it haha. All kind of guys are cooking for me it feels good!”
Hearing her mumble Namjoon stopped what he was doing: “What? Who else cooked for you?!”
Ha Ni just shrugged her shoulder: “Well, Mark already cooked twice for me and I am sure he’s way better than you.”
“You sure you and Mark are not a thing? I am seriously getting jealous here.”
“Shut up.”

They both set the table and settled down to start eating. While eating Ha Ni noticed that something was bothering Namjoon. She settled down her chopsticks: “Spill it.”
“Huh? What?”, Namjoon looked up. Ha Ni sighed: “Honey I’ve known you for eight years now ok? Spill it.”
“Uhm well…”, he awkwardly scratched his neck, “my girlfriend called before…and erm I think I just can stay with you tonight.”
“Why?”
“Her long school break is starting next week. She’ll go on a long vacation with her parents and she wants to see me again before she leaves and asked if I want to come over in two days for a few days before she leaves. So if I want to go to her I have to leave tomorrow early to go home and get some stuff before going to her you know?”
That was too much for Ha Ni. It was his damn girlfriend again. She was being pushed back for his damn girlfriend again. She didn’t want to tolerate it again. She inhaled sharply and simply said: “Well, then go. You can leave now.”
“HaNi-yah, don’t be mad! You know I barely see my girlfriend! It’s been almost three months before! Just for a few days ok? When she’s on vacation we have plenty of time!”
“Don’t you HaNi-yah me! You always push me back when it comes to your girlfriend! I’m still your best friend ok? I still want to be treated properly by you ok? But you just keep pushing me back and only meet up with me when your girlfriend can’t. At least get your priorities right or just tell me from the beginning so I know what’s going on! Don’t push me back or meet me as you please! I can’t be selfless every time and not be angry at you!”
“Oh whow! Calm down! Why are you overreacting that much? I still know that you are my best friend! And as my best friend I thought you would understand it? Since when are you that clingy?”
Each of those words made Ha Ni even angrier. Every single word he said stabbed her right into her heart. It really hurt her. Not being able to keep it anymore she calmly stated: “Get out.”
“What? Why? I just arrived? And cooked for you!”
With that Ha Ni exploded. She got up, grabbed all his stuff, threw it towards him and glared at him: “Get. The. . Out.”
Namjoon has barely seen her that mad before. He coudln't understand it. Why the hell was she getting mad over it? It's not like it never happened before. Seeing the look in her eyes he quickly collected his things and walked towards the door. Giving her a side glance while putting on his shoes he wanted to say something. But seeing her fuming like that he decided to drop it and just leave.

As soon as Namjoon left Ha Ni started crying. She was hurt and angry at the same time. How could Namjoon take her actions as granted and demand so much of her at the same time? Since when was he so selfish? Had he even thought about what he just said?!
Thinking about that she got even angrier and cried harder. Seeing the set table she was just eating peacefully with Namjoon she wiped her tears and started cleaning up. She had definitely lost her appetite. While cleaning up angrily she dropped a bowl and it shattered on the floor. Seeing the mess she created, she screamed in anger and threw another bowl. “Just you, Namjoon.”

 

_____________________________

First off...I'm really really sorry! I know it's been a while. But I was occupied with studying for exams and after my exams finished I wasn't home for a while.

But here finally a short update! Hope you liked it!

And don't forget to comment! I am really loosing motivation with this story if nobody reacts omg ._.

Thank you!~
Love, Schokimonster // Angie <3