Chapter 83

Baby Don't Cry

"Stay here!" 

Kai finally bursted out as soon as Baekhuyn tried to stand up again even when he's still feeling weak. "I need to find her!" Baekhyun retorted and Kai pressed the bridge of his nose before shaking his head. "Don't you think you should rest first? Do you think something's going to change if you look for her in a situation like this?! Do you?!" Kai finally bursted out furiously and Baekhyun kept mum as he bit his lower lip. 

"She's still here! I saw her!" Baekhyun snapped back and Kai sighed. "Look. You're hallucinating" Kai said as calm as he can. "Then how come I got here? Tell me" Baekhyun said and Kai kept mum this time, he doesn't know what to tell Baekhyun moreover he just got a call from the hospital telling him that Baekhyun's been sent there. 

"See.." Baekhyun answered weakly.

"Still.. why can't you just rest? Heal faster then look for her? Don't you think chasing after her is better with your life at stake? Taeyeon will jsut puosh you away even more. I thought you love her? Remember how Taeyeon's mind works, she'll push you away even more if she sees you getting into a miserable situation because of her" Kai reminded and Baekhyun looked out of the window as he sighed. 

"Just please.. leave me alone. I need some time to think" 

Going out of Baekhyun's hospital room, Kai just sighed as he slumped his back against the wall while looking up at the white ceiling. He hated himself more than everything that's has been happening right at that moment. Finally gathering all his thoughts, Kai removed his back from slumping at the wall and made his way out of the hospital. 

"We need to talk" 

Kai said immediately said as soon as he saw the person he wanted to see. Watching her look up at him, Kai sighed when that person just turned her head back on the book she's reading and acted like she saw nothing. "Yoona" Kai called sternly not caring if he's inside the school library. 

"Yoona" Kai called again but the latter kept reading her book. Getting enough of it, Kai grabbed the book from her and slammed it hard on the floor causing not only Yoona to be shocked but the other students inside the library too. "What the hell do you want?!" Yoona snapped back causing them to gain glared from the students that was disturbed by them.

"Please go out Ms. Im and Mr. Kim  if you don't plan to keep quiet" The librarian scolded them and Yoona huffed as she grabbed her bag, turned around from him then walked away. Kai on the other hand groaned as he stomped his way and followed behind her. 

"Yoona" Kai called again before holding her wrist and making her turn to face him. "What do you want?!" Yoona shouted causing Kai to retreat his hand back and stare at her with a frown on his face. "Why can't you just listen to what I'm going to say?! Stop running away!" Kai snapped back and Yoona chuckled sarcastically. 

"Why would I? It's not like it's going to cause me good" Yoona said while looking straight into his eyes and Kai just sighed heavily. "I know you hate me.. but could you please just.. just listen to me?" Kai pleaded and Yoona furrowed her brows as she looked at him questioningly. 

"Why would I?" Yoona asked coldly. Taking her by surprise, Kai suddenly kneeled infront of her as he looked down on the ground with his hands clenching into fists.  "Help me" He said and Yoona looked away not knowing what exactly to say or do. She's too surprised that he did something like that. Moreoverm a lot of people can see them there at the hallway. 

"What?" She asked. Daring himself to look up, Kai looked straight into Yoona's eyes as he took a deep breath and gathered all his remaining strength. "Help me.. help me get Baekhyun and Taeyeon mend the things between them. Help me please" Kai pleaded not caring if people can see him being that way anymore. All he cares is for Baekhyun to find Taeyeon again, for Baekhyun to be able to mend things with Taeyeon again. 

"Why would I? Just so your friend can hurt Taeyeon again? There's now way in hell I'm going to risk it Kai, once is enough" Yoona said as she felt herself tearing up. She would be lying if she says that she's not hurt but she doesn't want to trust him anymore, not when he's the one who broke it in the first place. 

She still loves him, but her mind is too clouded with fear and anger. 

"No.. Baekhyun's hurting too and I can see it. He changed for the better because of Taeyeon, please Yoona.. I won't ask you anything anymore. Just help me with this, just help me get them be together again and I won't bother you anymore. I promise to not let you see me anymore, not even my shadow" Kai said as he rested his hands over his knees and looked straight towards the cold ground. 

He's desperate. 

Yoona on the other hand just stared at him. He seemed to be convincing though, but he did that before too right? What if he's just pretending? What if Taeyeon ends up hurt again? Yoona's thoughts filled her mind. 

"Why don't you just do that now? Why don't you just stop appearing infront of me then maybe I can reconsider about it?" Yoona asked coldly and Kai sighed. "This will be the last time.. I won't follow you anywhere anymore. I won't.. I won't come near you anymore. Just please" Kai begged and Yoona turned her back trying to fight her tears. 

It hurted her seeing him that way. 

But she's afraid. She's too afraid. 

"I don't think I can help you" 

That's what she said.. before completely walking away. 

Walking down the pebbled pathway, Taeyeon looked around as the silence filled the whole place, she sighed, she missed this but thinking about all the bad memories that had happened to her here before made her cringe, she hated it. She hated those memories but as much as she wants to forget it, she just can't find a way to. 

She's scared as her steps got heavier. She's nearing the front door of that house she used to call home and with every step she takes, her heart beats faster. She's scared? Yes, she is. But she gathered all the strength she had and stepped at the front porch. 

Letting out a deep breath, Taeyeon lifted her hand up, gently balled it into a fist and knocked on the door expecting for the worst already. Hearing heavy footsteps, Taeyeon prayed that maybe, just maybe, her dad will change the way he treats her and maybe.. just maybe he will welcome her with open arms. After all, it's been a while since they last saw each other. 

He would miss his little princess right? Right, that's what she thought. But all her hopes crushed down when he saw a man standing inront of her, hardly recognizable because of the old demeanor he has. He looks weak, he looks drunk.

"What do you want?!" He asked with an angry voice. Looking closer, he recognized the person standing infront of him. 

"You useless child!" 

My princess is home.

"What the hell are you doing here?" 

I'm glad you're back. 

"D-Dad" Taeyeon trailed weakly but before she can even register everything, Taeyeon felt her wrist already being pulled and before she knew it, she already landed on the cold hard floor inside the house. Groaning in pain, Taeyeon pushed herself up and wiped the blood that came out from her scarred lip. 

"Why did you even came back huh?!" 

Daddy missed you so much princess. 

"I-I--" 

Slap. Punch. 

"You did something there don't you?! You brat! You always give me shame!" 

I'm so proud of you princess, you're daddy's happiness.. 

"What now? You're going to cry?!" 

"N-No" 

Don't cry Taeyeon-ah.. daddy's here.. 

Daddy won't hurt you princess,, Daddy won't.. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Worst chapter ever urgh T.T