Chapter 37

Baby Don't Cry

"I'll keep that in mind" Yoona said with a smile and Kai nodded his head firmly. Now, he decided to be selfish only to have this girl who's beside him, he's going to be selfish for the first time only to have the girl who can make him go nuts. 

"You better" Kai said while looking at her and Yoona chuckled before sliding her hand between Kai's arm and his body and intertwined their arms making his smile bigger. Looking straight into the vast space of the lake, Kai took a deep sigh. "Can I lean my head on your shoulder?" Yoona shyly asked making Kai look down on her and smile knowing that the girl is getting a tint of red in her face. 

"Of course you can" Kai said softly and Yoona leaned her head against their shoulder and shifted finding the most comfortable position. "I remember.. we still have the projects ongoing" Yoona said as she removed her head away from his shoulder causing Kai to frown with the lost of warmth from her. 

"Really?" Kai asked and Yoona nodded. "You forgot didn't you?" Yoona asked as her eyes slitted before giving him a knowing look. Opening his mouth, Kai found no words to say so he just kept mum making Yoona chuckle at his actions. 

"You did forget" Yoona said and Kai gave her a sheepish smile while scratching his nape. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to forget about it" Kai said apologetically and Yoona smiled before shaking her head and lightly pinching his cheeks causing Kai's heart to almost jump out of his chest.

"It's alright.. so what do you think we should do then?" Yoona asked and Kai pondered for a moment trying to think of what they will do about the task that was given to them. "I seriously don't know" Kai answered before giving Yoona an innocent look causing her to shake her head. 

"What about.. we give positivity a try?" Yoona asked and Kai raised his brows not catching what she meant. "What do you mean?" Kai asked while scratching his head. 

"I said.. why don't we report something about being optimistic?" Yoona asked and Kai nodded his head before chuckling a little. 

That's what I am now, Kai thought to himself. 

"That would be good.. since everyone's being overly pessimistic nowadays" Kai answered with a hidden tone of mocking meant to himself. 

Just like me, he thought.

"Alright then.. how should we do it?" Yoona asked and Kai then thought about it for a moment again. "What do you think?" Kai asked and Yoona tapped her chin with her index finger causing Kai to smile while looking at her. 

"I say.. we ask people who had gone through it" Yoona simply said and Kai raised his brows not catching what she said again. "You mean?" He asked trying to understand what she just said. "Let's talk to people who had been pessimistic about something before and then let's just say that they changed their minds and become suddenly optimistic about it and then let's ask them if being positive about that thing changed something to themselves or.. if it's one of the right decisions they have made" Yoona explained and Kai slowly nodded his head. 

"So does that mean that we should ask people who had been through too much negativity about something?" Kai asked and Yoona nodded her head. "Then.. let's ask them how they managed to succeed to overcome it" Yoona added with a smile and Kai nodded his head. 

I'm fit in this one, he thought. 

"That's a great idea" Kai said and Yoona chuckled before nodding her head and looking into their reflection in the water. 

"Maybe we should ask someone who's been in love before yet thought negatively about it just because the one he likes has someone else already then.. he realized that there's still hope because that person isn't married yet or whatsoever and tried and managed to get that person and they lived happily ever after. That's because of his positive thinking right? That someday the person he likes will like him back too?" Yoona asked curiously and Kai felt his voice stuck on his throat. 

"Doesn't it sound a bit weird?" Kai asked while looking into the water and Yoona raised her brows. "What's weird in that?" Yoona asked and Kai scrunched his brows.

"Just because that person thinks positively he ruined a relationship? Isn't that unfair with the other side? Even if they aren't married yet, isn't it unfair?" Kai asked but then that question was really meant for himself when he just realized what Yoona had said. Yes, he said he would be selfish but thinking that he's going to ruin a relationship just because of his wants makes him shiver in guilt already.

Maybe having a competitor with Yoona would be much greater than knowing that he's going to meddle in, in someone else's life and ruin it. Moreover, their relationship.

"It would be unfair.. if.. you lure that person" Yoona said and Kai furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?" Kai asked and Yoona sighed and a frown was visible on her face. 

"It would be unfair with the other side if.. if you ask for the person you love to cheat on her partner just because you both wanted to be together. Won't it be better to just tell them both?" Yoona asked and Kai shook his head. 

"You mean? Tell the two of them about what you feel?" Kai asked and Yoona simply nodded. "Yes.. then that way you all can decided on what to do" Yoona said and Kai dropped his shoulders. "What if the person you like doesn't like you back and refused?" Kai asked and Yoona frowned. 

"Then I will just step back and let them be together.. besides.. if you really love that person then you would do anything to make him or her happy right?" Yoona asked and Kai nodded his head as he bitterly smiled. 

"Yeah.." He said weakly. "But what's the positivity in that?" Kai muttered and Yoona turned her gaze to him. 

"The positivity of his attitude there is when he still believes that even when he doesn't end up with the person he loves. He knows that something more is meant for him" Yoona simply said, for her, it sounded too easy to do but for Kai.. 

For Kai.. He doesn't think so.

"Then let's just say he lets her go because he loves her and just wanted her to be happy even if it's with someone else.. but.. what if those feelings doesn't fade away and he's still hurt?" Kai asked while looking straight into Yoona's eyes and Yoona looked away before thinking about it not even getting what is the message within Kai's statement.

"I don't think that would be possible.. He can look for someone else again, he just have to try, that's the positivity" Yoona then debated back and Kai sighed. Would that really be possible? Because even thinking that he can find someone else other than Yoona breaks his heart already. 

He doesn't want anyone else other than her, even if he tells himself to stop loving her and find someone else, he just can't.

It's inevitable.

"But what if he can't?" Kai asked and Yoona frowned. "I don't really think that's possible.. Everyone can move on, they just don't have to play the past again and again anymore" Yoona said then again it sounded simple and Kai sighed in defeat. 

How can she say those words easily when he himself can't? 

He can't forget her nor try to move on from her.

He can't even try to stop his brain from thinking about her.

Shaking his head, Kai turned to look at Yoona and their eyes met.

"You can forget about your past but you can't forget how your future used to be" 

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  BaekYeon on the next chaaaaaapteeeer :)

I updated YoonKai so we can have a balance with both of the pairings. I hope you understand

BYE!