Chapter 08

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 08 - Jungkook Needs a Tutor
“I don't need no stinking tutor.


Ye Jin's POV

Sports fest is finished. Btw, yellow team became the overall champion. It was a fun week especially because Jimin and Suho made a bet. They said if their team loses they have to wear a cat ear headband — the one that girl idols wear to look cute — and they have to wear it to school for a week. It was supposed to be a month but they got scared that they made it a week. So boohoo for Suho. 

"So exams are coming up." Our homeroom teacher stated.

The whole class groaned, sighed and banged their heads on the desk. It's unfair anyway since the sports fest had just finished then exams came next? It's really tiring you know. I even find it tiring because I played a lot of sports. But I'm going to be fine. Studying is just that easy. Not here to brag though. 

"Before I go Jungkook and Ye Jin please come with me outside for a minute." 

I look at Jungkook. He rolled his eyes and followed Ms. Lee. Yup, he went to class, shocker. I followed them too. I don't know why but I'm getting scared maybe it's the garden incident. Maybe students weren't allowed there. Jungkook might get mad at me for that! I never really intended to go there. It's just that the whole thing is so beautiful that my feet started walking to it. Oh no! I better apologize. 

"Jungkook and Ye Jin about the" 

"I'm sorry Ms. Lee! I never really wanted to go there and Jungkook has nothing to do with it. I'm sorry!" I said before she could even finish. I also bowed.

Everything was quiet  so I look up. They were just staring at me until Ms. Lee burst into laughter. "What are you saying Ms. Kim? You're funny." Huh? So it wasn't that garden incident. I diverted my gaze to Jungkook he was glaring at me or was looking at me, annoyed. I don't really quite get it but I know he's mad. Or maybe because that's he's normal face? Anyway, I know he IS mad. 

"Whatever you were saying it's not that. I just want you to tutor Mr. Jeon here."

"Tutor? Wait what?!" 

Tutor? Who? Him? What? Seriously? Obviously Jungkook wasn't pleased of what he heard because he's face became more angry and maybe again, that must be his normal face. But I know he doesn't like the idea. 

"No. No. Why would I want a tutor?" He said. "I'm fine on my own, you know? I don't need no stinking tutor!" 

"Really Jungkook? Really?" She asked. Okay she sounds like a teenage girl. It kinda made me chuckle of course in my mind. If I did that, Jungkook might get mad at me more. Ms. Lee took out some papers and showed it to us. It was Jungkook's past grades. Yikes! They're all failing grades. Does this kid even study? Obviously not. Just look at it: 70 at Math, 75 at English and 78 Science. That's kinda sad. 

I would understand that he fails at English because he is a Korean and English is a hard language even though it's a universal language. But how can he fail he's own language like seriously! The only thing he didn't fail is Music. Well he is in a band plus he plays guitar and has a great voice so it's understandable that he won't fail that subject. 

"And so if I fail a lot but I'm fine!"

"I'm just trying to look out for you Jungkook. Plus it would be your last year and your off to college soon and if you fail again you wouldn't go to a good school." 

"I don't need a ty college. I'll be a great musician." 

"Language Jungkook. Language." Ms. Lee said looking at Jungkook with a firm look. He rolled his eyes. So he's dream is to be a musician. It's a cool dream but he's already living it or maybe after he graduates or if he does graduates he wants a to be a well known musician. 

I don't know why but I want to learn and know more about Jungkook. He seems so interesting and mysterious but not as mysterious as Sehun. But if I have to choose between them I would like to know more about Jungkook. The real Jungkook. 

"I know you want to be in a musician but you still need to go to a college since no one will accept you if don't go to college!" Explained Ms. Lee.

"I'll do it. I'll tutor Jungkook." 

Oh my gosh. That came out of my mouth. "I mean.. uh.." Ms. Lee's eyes sparkle. She jump up and down and hugged me. "Thank you Ye Jin! Do your best neh? You still have a few days before exams starts. I'm counting on you! Fighting, neh?" She smiled then whispered. "I'll tell Suho and Hyeri if he runs away or doesn't follow. I know that they will help you." She pats my head and leaves. 

Jungkook glares at me. It's liked some daggers pierced through my heart. He's so not cool about the whole tutor thing. I guess I just have to work hard. Ugh. What did I get myself into? 

- - - -

School is basically finish so that mean I have to tutor him now! I can't really focus at class awhile ago because of him. I feel like he was watching me all day with his scary cold eyes. Seriously! I can feel it and whenever I turn my head to look at him he's glaring at me. He's actually my seat mate. So, it's Jungkook then me then Hyeri. I tried to beg Hyeri to exchange seats with me but she said: "May the odds be ever in your favor!" She even made the sign from the Hunger Games. She said it in English, of course. 

Ms. Lee asked me to start today but I don't even know if he likes that idea. We don't have any band practice today, anyway. 

I put my stuff inside my bag and went outside. I wouldn't have to face his scary aura and whatnot. "Leaving so soon, Ye Jin?" I turn around and saw Sojin and the others. I nodded and wave goodbye.

"Well, okay bye?" they were confused, I guess. 

I just smiled and walked fast. I'm sorry guys! I still really, I mean really, don't know why I'm scared of him. I'm not scared of anyone! Not even my Taekwondo teacher even though others tell him his scary. That's why he likes me (as a student, of course) 'cause I do not fear him. Me and Kai took Taekwondo lessons when we were eight. Mom said it will be a good thing for the future. So we can defend ourselves. 

I reached the main gates, soon. I sighed in relieved but that feeling left when I saw him standing in front of me. "But you were" I pointed upstairs. "How?" He's already here? He was just upstairs. He doesn't look like he ran or something. 

"There's an elevator." he said. 

Oh yeah. Stupid me! I mentally banged my head on the wall for not thinking that. "Okay. I won't tutor you, neh? So please don't get mad." I put my hands together as I shut my eyes. 

I didn't get any response only a flick on a forehead. "Ow!" I rubbed my forehead. "What did you that for?" 

"Just come with me. We'll go to my house." 

Eoh? Wait, he's house?! So he's not mad? He want me to tutor him then? Well that's oddly nice... of him?

He started walking towards a black car so I followed him. A guy in suit went out of the car. He's chauffeur, I guess? The guy was about to open the door but Jungkook raised his hand and the guy in suit stopped and just stay put. Jungkook opened it himself. Wow, he's nice. He went inside. I just stared at him. I didn't know that Jungkook's chauffeur was calling me to go inside until Jungkook shouted at me. 

"Yah! Get in. Tsk." he shook his head and rolled his eyes. Well he's mad again! Yipee! I went inside the car and the guy closed the door. He went back to the front and started driving. 

The whole damn trip was silent! No one was saying any word. I mean no one. Maybe just the radio but no one from us were talking. I wish Hyeri was here and the others. I bet they'll lighten up the mood but no! They're not here and I'm stuck with a very cold guy and a chauffeur. That doesn't make my day any better.

The car stopped. Finally! I can breath. Although, I'm really scared more scared than awhile ago. Why, you may ask? It's because of the rumors. Some say he's father is hella scary — scarier than Jungkook. The door opened and I went out of the car.

Woah! He's house is huge and white. He's rich! Rich kid! He's, I guess, richer than me. Of course, my mouth gape open. 

"Ms. You might wanna come in for young master has already left you." the guy in suit tapped my shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, sure.!" I nodded and smiled. 

I took some steps towards the door. I gulped. Maybe he's dad is not here. Maybe he's busy but what about the other rumors. He's brothers! I heard he has brothers and they're scary, disgusting and like a beast! Ever since I came here I became an eavesdropper and a gossiper. I'm not like that when I was in L.A. Actually, I never really care about those rumors and . I always mind my own business. Maybe because of the new environment I became like that?

I took a deep breath. 'Ok, Ye Jin. You can do this. It's just like going inside a haunted house with fake ghost, fake blood and fake everything.' I mentally nodded and went inside the house. It's time to find out about the Jeon's household!

"Kookie!!" 

Cookie? What? 

I divert my gaze to the person who said that. It was a woman. She looks young but if you look at her closely, she's (basically a guess) in her late 30's well just look at her clothes. It's mature and more like a mother like clothing. 

"Mom, do not call me that."

So it's his mom. What?! His mom? I thought he doesn't have a mom. That's what Minah told me, anyway. So he HAS a mom. A pretty mom. She diverts her look to me. Her smiled fade away. "And who's this? Is it your girlfriend?!" she gasp like a little kid. "Oh my! My Kookie has a girlfriend! Finally!" 

She ran towards me and hugged me. "Oh.. Ms. Jeon.. I'm not umm his girlfriend." She let's go of me and I can see she was disappointed. She frowned and said sorry. 

"She's Kim Ye Jin. She's going to tutor me. So calm down. She's not my girlfriend. Sheesh, you're too loud and all!" He made an irritated face and went up. His mom pouted. They're really the complete opposite, huh? She's cheerful and positive while negative, cold and more cold! Is she really his mom? 

"I'm sorry for surprising you Ye Jin-ssi. It's just that I thought that my dear Kookie has finally found a girlfriend. I'm quite shock cause I really thought you are and I was about to ask you on how you manage his coldness but I guess I'm wrong." She took a deep breath and smiled again. "Anyway! I bet he'll find someone someday! And thank you in advance for having the guts on tutoring him. I bid you goodluck." She giggles. 

"Oh thank you. I guess?" I giggle in an awkward way. 

She push me a bit. "I was joking! If you need anything, just call me, neh?" I nodded. 

I go up and followed what Ms. Jeon told me. She said that Jungkook's room has a guitar on the door and I found it! It's in the corner, though. I guess he wants to be far away from the stairs and maybe this part of the house is quiet. I knocked on the door and he shouted come in. I opened the door and he's already sitting on the table. His room is big! He even has his own tv. He has also different kinds of guitar. 

He has two shelves full of games, books and albums. His room is a bit messy though. Papers are on the floor. Some of his laundry are on the floor. Well, typical guy room. I've never been to guy room. Just Kai's room. It's really different from him. Kai is a bit of a clean freak so you'll see his room is very clean.

"Ahem? You're just going to stand there?" I went back to reality. I said sorry and sat beside him. I put my bag on the floor and took out my books, some paper, and pens. 

"So shall we start with Math?" I asked and he nodded. 

Our topic is about Limits. I asked for his laptop and gave it to me without hesitating. He's using mac. The same as me. I searched for questions, problems, made him a reviewer so he can study it when he ever has some free time while he answers the one in the book. He was using my book because I have to highlight some good points at his book. This is how I do my studies. I'm a study freak! 

I don't know if my method will help him but I'll do everything I'll can to help him study! I went to the printer and printed the things I did. I made two copies for each document 'cause I still need to study anyway. I went back to my seat. "Here. This are some questions and problems I want you to answer. And here are more stuff about the topic." 

He stared at it. It was thick. I'm really sorry but this is how I do my studies. He look at me with a seriously? look. "What? Are you going to complain?" Okay the beast is out! I get serious when I study. 

"No. I don't." He diverted his attention back to the problem. I just shrugged and started studying too. 

I can hear few clicks of his tongue, groaning and tapping of pen. I look at him. He's been answering that problem for a whole 10 minutes now. That's actually easy. It's the first question. I can't believe he still hasn't finish it yet. I tapped his shoulders. "Do you need any help?" 

"I'm fine." He tapped his pen again and again. "Okay. You can help. 

So he's not just cold but also a tsundere? I giggled and helped him. I told him how to solve this and told him a few tips and tricks to answer the problem. He got it eventually.

"Jungkook!" the door flung open. It was Hyeri! Oh my god she's here! "Ye Jin?!"

"Hyeri!" I ran towards her and hugged her. She made an 'omf!' sound. She's obviously surprise because she's not saying anything. She's speechless, maybe. "What are you doing here?" she asked. Eoh? Ms. Lee didn't tell her that I'm tutoring Jungkook? But she told me awhile ago she'll tell her. Maybe she forgot about it. She is a teacher and she has a lot of things to do so I can't really blame her.

"Really? Anyway. I'll be downstairs. Just so you know I'll live here." She winks at me and closes the door shut. I guess she read my mind. I was gonna ask why she was here but I guess she lives here. It's understandable anyway for they're are cousins. I went back to my seat. I can see Jungkook was annoyed because I just shouted. I think he doesn't like noisy people but I wonder how he can stand Hyeri. She is loud and all.

- - - - 

It's been two hours and we decided to take a break. It's actually 6:15 pm right now. My mom hasn't called nor my dad. Only Kai called for about three times and I told him I'm at Hyeri's house and just staying to chill. He doesn't like Jungkook he said he's too scary and I should stay away from him. I know that but he's my friend and I need to help him! His mom entered the room and gave us some cookies! 

"Some cookies for my Kookie and his friend!" 

She left, gigglin'. Cookie? I wonder why he's called Cookie? I was kinda hesitating on asking him but I got the courage and asked him. "Why are you called Cookie, Jungkook?" He didn't response and just stared at the wall while eating some cookies. 

"Ok.. you don't really have to.. to tell me." I took a bite from my cookie and drink some milk. 

"It's a short way for Jungkookie. It's cookie with a k instead of a c." Oh so he got a nickname. It's so cute and.. funny! I couldn't hold it in so I laughed really loud. He stared at me. He wasn't mad he just stared. 

"Why are you laughing?" He then asked. 

"it's just so cute and funny. It doesn't really match your personality too but hey it does match your face. You have a baby face anyway." I push him a little and laugh a bit more. I don't know but I'm feeling comfortable now. He was just staring at me until he pouted. "Stop laughing." 

"Ohh, did you just pouted? I should've have taken a picture! Dang!" Saying the last one in English. "No I didn't!" He denied. So he's denying now huh? 

"Sure!" I said in a sarcastic tone and giggled. 

 

Jungkook's POV

I can't believe she's laughing at me. I shouldn't have told him why mom is calling me Kookie then she wouldn't have laugh at me! But her tone was down when I did not respond. It's somewhat making me feel guilty? I don't know why! Ugh. Now she's teasing me like a stupid idiot. Although, it's nice to see her smiling. She's been scared, nervous and her mind drifts off sometimes. I've been noticing that ever since class. 

"Should I call you Kookie from now on?" She giggled some more. 

"No." I said in a serious way but I guess she's not getting it and laughed more. This girl is really something. 

 

Hyeri's POV

I can hear some laughing from Jungkook's room. That's odd. I guess they're having some fun? Really that's really odd. I slightly open the door and see Ye Jin laughing while teasing Jungkook. Jungkook doesn't look annoyed at all! Wow! That's something you don't see everyday. I wonder what they're talking about. I bet they're having fun.

I can see that Jungkook is having fun. It's just that he doesn't smile or shout or whatever. He's happy if he doesn't look annoyed. He just gives that poker face of his. Heh. I guess I'll leave them. Teehee. But I'll just take a quick pic. And snap! 

"Gotta send this to the others." I whispered and sent it to them. I giggled and left. 

 


 author's corner: eoh? jungkook is not his usual self? what's this? omg HAHAAHAHHA anyway stay tuned to find out more!!

Comment, upvote, subscribe. < 3