Chapter 05

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 05 - Joining U-turn? What?!
“Please, join our band!


Ye Jin's POV

"Oh, U-turn. They're a band. The famous band here in Seoul High!" Said Minah, as she claps her hands. We all both laugh at her enthusiastic personality. "They're more famous than you've imagine even other schools know them." Irene added. 

I nodded while I make 'O" with my mouth. "Who are the members in U-turn?" I'm curious okay? The group is quite intimidating. Plus they're really good especially the guy who gave me the cold chills with his eyes and aura. Especially his voice! Gosh it's beautiful. I'm not saying that I like him or something. Its just that it's beautiful! And cool and ugh. Hahaha. I listen carefully as Minah, the one who knows a lot of things, introduce every member. 

"As you can see you already know Hyeri right? She's our classmate." I nodded. That kinda explains why she's wearing our uniform differently. Just look at it all of them looks like some kind of rebels. That's the influence of being in a band. Well, that's how I see people in a band. "She plays the bass. It doesn't fit her no? She looks so cute but from what I know she's a dork, well, in a cute way to be honest." 

It's true. It doesn't fit her face to be in a band or a bass player. I think she's more fit in a cute group or something. "Next it's Sehun. Oh Sehun. He's the same age as us but he's from the other section. He plays the electric guitar and piano. He gives of that mysterious aura." I knew it! He does gives off that mysterious aura. It's like his hiding a lot of things and he looks rather sleepy because of his eyes. 

Minah continues. "He's not cold but he rarely talks to anyone except to Hyeri because Hyeri is his girlfriend. What a cute couple huh?" They're a couple? So that explains why she's clinging on him. They do look like a cute couple. Yes. 

"Next is Jimin. Park Jimin. He's the drummer." Minah was interrupted by Jiyeon. "Ugh, that boy is a real casanova!" She rolls her eyes. Casanova huh?

Minah chuckles. "He's a real casanova alright. A flirt to be honest. He smooth talks every girl in the school that's why he has a lot of fans plus he is cute with his height. And he's one year younger than us." They all nodded unison. I bet he's a real flirt. I better watch out! "Next is Kim Joon Myeon, also known as Suho!" 

He's the guy who talked to me in the club. He's face is really familiar even though he's wearing some glasses. I turn my head to look at him again. Really, he is the guy! "Suho, is not really in the band but he's the manager of the group! He finds gigs for the band and helps the band in so many ways." Oh! The manager huh? So that's why he's not in the stage with them. Does he play any instruments perhaps? 

"He does a play an instrument though." Woah, it's like Minah read my mine. "He plays the Chello since that doesn't go with the bands so he's just the manger plus he's our student council president and he's very smart! And he's the same class as Sehun." That explains why he looks a bit like a nerd. I'm sorry Suho or whatever your name is. 

"Last but not the least is Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. He plays the lead guitar and the singer of the group. He has more fans than Jimin. He's very cold." 

"Really cold!" Yura adds. 

"He doesn't talk to anyway unless they're part of the group and the only girl she talks to is Hyeri. Plus they're cousins. I really don't know why Jungkook never talks to anyone. Some rumors say that her mother left him that's why he never talks to anyone especially girls. Some rumors say that he's family is full of boys and some say that he's been tortured by his father. I don't really know. He's also mysterious like Sehun but cold." She shrugs and everybody nods. 

Cold huh? I turn around again to look at him. I wonder what made him cold and when he did he started being cold? I quickly turn my head back. Our eyes met! Eip! No, no maybe it's just my imagination. I turn around and he was still looking at me. I quietly wave my hand and smile a bit. He just look at me then at his food. Why did I do that?! I mentally slap my hand. The is wrong with me. He might think of me as a stalker or a joke. As if I care anyway! Ugh whatever. 

"Oh yeah, one thing is that, he's in the same class us ours." 

The same class? What?! "Beg your pardon?" I said in English. They all look at me with a questioning look. I forgot they're Koreans. "I mean, excuse me?" I continue. "He's in the same class us ours? But I did not see him awhile ago." 

"Actually, he, sometimes, doesn't go to class." Minah said. They all nodded in agreement. "He's usually in the roof, as people say. But I'm not really sure if he does stay at the roof all the time." She shrugs. 

Doesn't go to class? What? What's the point of coming or enrolling to a school when you're not even going to class. That's kinda a bit, you know, childish and disrespectful of 'cause he's parents are paying for his tuition and this is how he repays them. Tsk. Maybe, he's smart that's why he doesn't go to class? Well, to be honest I do that sometimes, so I can't really blame him that much. "And you know how our teacher said there's only two seat? Actually there's only one left. The one you're sitting is his seat but hey at least you got a seat!" Really? Seriously? What if he returns? Then I wouldn't have any seat. I guess I'll just have to think of something. 

"Hey, I'll just go to the toilet neh?" They all nodded. I excused myself and went out of the cafeteria. Oh ! I forgot to ask them where the toilets are. Well, I guess I'll just look for it. I bet it's just near.

I walked and walked. Why can't I find the toilet? This school is freaking huge. And really, I mean really, I feel like I'm being followed but there's no other people in the hallway. I bet they're all in the class now 'cause five been walking for 10 minutes I guess. Shoot, I can't be tardy. Not today, It's the first day of school, for me of course. And I can't really find my way back so- Why am I bad at directions? I'm really good when it comes to places in L.A. but here nah.

Maybe because I'm new and this school is really really huge like the one in 'The Heirs'. I can't believe I'm freaking lost. I mentally banged my head on the wall. I have my phone with me but I don't have anyone to call too. I didn't ask for the girls' numbers and I don't want to call Kai. He's bad at directions too. When we were going back from the club the other day, we kinda got lost on the way back. Plus, I don't really call him. 

"Hey, are you lost?" The voice is familiar. Oh wait, it's him! I turned around and it is. It's Joonmyung or was it Joonmyeon. Wait, it's Suho! 

"Ah yes. How do you know?" I scratch my nape and fix my ribbon, a bit. He smiled at me. "Well, you're the new girl that came from L.A. Classes have already started and you're the only one here in the hallway. Until I came. I should be giving you a detention slip because I'm the president of the student council and what you're doing is like skipping class but since you are new, I'll let it pass. I bet you have a reason, anyway." He chuckled. 

He's cute. It's a compliment — nothing really special. "Ah, yes. I'm sorry! I'm just trying to look for the toilet. Thank you for not giving me a detention slip. It would have been embarrassing that the new girl already got a detention slip." I heaved out a sigh and smiled sheepishly. 

"No problem. Anyway, here. Look." He hold out a paper. I came closer to look. It was the map of the whole school. He's really a cool student council. He even has the map printed and ready. "Here are the girls' toilet." He points out all the girls' toilet until the last one was near the cafeteria. My eyes widen in shock. Why didn't I see that?! Sometimes, I should really pay attention on where I'm going. Ugh. 

"You straight out of the cafeteria, aren't you?" I nodded. "I see." He laughs. 

"I didn't really see the toilet. Stupid me." He laughs more. "No it's fine. Only few people notice that toilet but you're new so it's understandable.Here have this map as a I guide. Be proud 'cause you're the first new student that I'm giving the map to. I still haven't gave your brother one. Plus, only few people know the places here. 90 percent of the students only knows the location of their classes, the toilets, gym, computer lab and the swimming pool." He grins.

"Thank you, Joonmyeon. You're really a big help!" I grinned back. "I'll be going back, now" I bowed and walks away. 

He grabbed my hand and stops me. I turn my head to face him. I was shock of course. "Umm, I just have something to ask you before you go back." 

"Go ahead." I responded. "Do you wanna, um, join U-turn?" 

I almost choke on my saliva. Join? What? U-turn? What is he talking about. Me joining their band. I don't believe it. I think it's a joke. I think it's a prank for new students. I laughed in an awkward way of course. "Join? Excuse me? Is that a joke?" 

I can see in his face that he wasn't joking so I stopped laughing. "No. I'm really serious. Please. I've heard your voice. Your voice is amazing plus you'll fit U-turn. With your style and all you'll can also be the face of U-turn. But mostly your voice is beautiful and cool." I didn't really think people would say that. I sometimes sing — when I'm alone. I only show my dancing but singing was only for me to hear. I've always thought of being a singer but I know that Kai would do it too and will still the spotlight from me. I would be a second placer again. "No sorry. I can't join."

He put both of his hands together. "Please! We've been trying to look for a vocalist since last year but we couldn't find someone who will match U-turn's image. Please, Ye Jin!" 

It's creepy how he knows things about me. He even knows that I have a brother. I couldn't blame him. He is the student council president so it's his obligation to know the students names besides the principal and teachers. I still said no but he pleaded again now he's on his knees. "Joonmyeon, please stand up. I don't really want to join. Please forgive me. Mianhe."I bowed again and run away. 

Gosh, I didn't really think he will act like that. He looks like the person who wouldn't do that though. I bump into somebody since I had my head down. I said sorry and look up. "Jinnie!" Ugh, the person I don't really want to see, shows up. 

"Where have you been? Everybody is looking for you, ya know?" 

"Then what're you doing here?" I asked, annoyed.

"I was told to look for you but I kinda got lost." He scratch his nape and smiled. 

"You're stupid as always. C'mon, let's go back. Ugh. Why can't I be in another school? Why do I always have to be stuck with you?" I stated. He was quiet. I guess he was hurt. I barely care anyway. I looked at the map and followed the direction going there. 

 

Hyeri's POV

I walked through the quiet hallways. I've been told to look to get Jungkook. He left us while we were still eating our food. That kid doesn't really go to class. So I have to fetch him every time. That stupid idiot. To be honest, he's really a stupid idiot. He always gets a failing grade. The only thing he doesn't fail is music and P.E. We are in band so he can't fail music plus he is musically gifted or musically inclined as people say.

I'm going to check the rooftop if he's there. Usually, that's not the place where goes but I that's the only thing I know so if I can't find him, screw him. He's making me walk all the time that I'm sick and tired. I love him, as a cousin, but he's really stupid. 

"Please! We've been trying to look for a vocalist since last year but we couldn't find someone who will match U-turn's image. Please, Ye Jin!" I hear somone and it's Suho! I ran and hide at the wall while sticking my head out. He's with the new girl? And they're talking about joining U-Turn? What is he talking about. 

The girl said sorry and ran away leaving Suho kneeling down. he ain't the type of person to kneel in front of someone. He's pride is a bit big, to be honest. I walked near him and patted his back. "What's going on? Why're you kneeling down, dude?" 

"She's the girl I've been talking you guys about." He responded. 

"The new vocalist? Her?" 

He nodded. "But she said no." He said as he sigh. I look at her back because that's the only thing I saw from her. Hmm, she does have the style. I can see that because of the accessories she's wearing and her face does fit the group's image. I tried following her. Screw Jungkook, I'll deal with her first. "Yah! Hyeri-ah! Where are you going?" I ignored Suho and continued to follow her. 

Oh, she stops. She bumps into her brother. Oh yeah, he was asked to get her sister. The teacher is really stupid because he's new. how the hell will he find her sister but luck is on him. He found her in flash. I hid again behind the wall. I know eavesdropping is bad but meh. It's kinda a bit obvious that Ye Jin hates her brother. I can see from the way she expresses her look and the way she conveys her voice.

Ah! I finally have something to make her say yes. As soon as we got back from the class. I have to follow them. They're too slow but hey they're new so whatever. Home Economics was finish because we came here late but who the hell cares about it. Jungkook was nowhere to be found. Ye Jin kinda took his place but I already told him and Suho about it. And Suho will give later an extra table and chair for him. 

Ye Jin was talking to Minah and her gang. I couldn't really excuse her. I wish someone will call them. "Minah! Can you help me sew this?" Jiyoon asked and Minah went with her. 

"Sojin! Irene! You're in need by Ma'am Kim." The two left. 

"Yura, Jiyeon! There's a surprise baskteball meeting today! C'mon." Then again the two left. Ye Jin was left behind. She has no one to talk to so she went back to her seat. Isn't that surprising. I just wish for them to leave and it happen! Now's my chance. 

"Hey" I said and waved at her. She obviously looked shock. I wonder why? I smiled at her. "My name is Lee Hyeri! You can call me Hyeri! Or Rihye or other else." I laughed. She laugh with me but in an awkward way. Oh my gosh, I'm so weird sometimes. 

"Welcome to the school, btw! I hope we can be good friends." She smiled. I can see that she's smiling, sincerely. She really looks pretty when smiling. "Thank you, Hyeri! I really hope we can be good friends too!" 

"Hi Ye Jin!"

"Sup Ye Jin!"

We turned our heads to see some guys waving at her. She waved back while she smiled sweetly. "Hey, you're popular. That's fast! Good for you!" We both laugh. "It's not really good but the only good benefit there is you get to meet new people" I nodded. "True that!" 

I continue. "So how's the first few hours of" I was interrupted when girls started screaming, squealing and basically fangirling. We turned our heads again and they were swarming around Kai or what's his name. He sure became really popular just like her sister. It's expected anyway since they're both pretty and handsome and it's kinda rare for a boy and girl twin. I looked at Ye Jin. Her expression was sour. Now it's time to start the operation: Get her to say yes for the band!

"You hate your brother, huh?" I asked. She turn her head to face me. "How did you know?" 

"Well duh! It's so obvious.I can see it from expression plus it's normal anyway. But why do you hate him?" 

"It's a long story." "Well The teacher in English is absent so you've got 40 minutes girl. Hurry up!" She laughed and told everything. 

Oh! So she's always feel 2nd and an outcast in her family and she's always compared to Kai.That's sad. I can't believe they would do such a thing to her. She looks kinda precious even though she gives off that cool vibe. "I know how you feel Ye Jin!" Her eyes sparkle, tbh. "Really?" I nodded. 

"It's because I have a older sister. An unnie. I really hate her because I'm always compared to her. How she's always better than me and prettier than me. I just hate it!" I said. I lied to be honest. My sister is not an unnie. She's a dongsaeng — a little sister. I have too! She might say yes if someone is with her side. I didn't mean to do it. But we really need a vocalist and if Suho thinks she's the one and then SHE'S THE ONE! Suho knows who's talented and who's not, okay? So I will follow him. 

"That's sad! But finally! I have someone to share my feelings with. It's really nice meeting you Hyeri!" 

I smiled at her. "You know I can make you feel number 1. I can make you feel special. I can make Kai number 2!" 

"Really how?!" 

"By joining our band. We're kinda looking for a vocalist and Suho, our manager said he heard your voice and it was amazing! I would really love to work with you!" 

I can see that she's having a hard time processing the whole thing. "Are you sure? This is not joke right?" I shook my head. "I'm sure! Suho is good at looking for talents and if you're the one he likes then I believe that you are good! C'mon please! Ye Jin please!" 

"But!"

"I guarantee that you'll be better than Kai! So please! And I promise you'll have fun when you join us!"

"Well"

"Pleaaaseee! Pleaaaseee!" 

"Oh well fine! I'll join you." 

"Really?! Ah! Thank you Ye Jin!" I hugged her and she hugged me back. 

I feel happy but guilty at the same time. Thanks Ye Jin and I'm really, really sorry.

 


 author's corner: ye jin finally joined U-turn! i wonder what will happen next huh? i've come to realized that I always used ugh for ye jin. i think that will be her fav and really used word hahahaha. and this is a long chapter (i think) it's kinda the first time. maybe i'm just energized by the whole thing ha! please anticipate for the next chapter as ye jin's new story has just started!

Comment, upvote, subscribe. < 3