Chapter 01

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 01 - Meet the twins
Ugh. Another day to hate him.”


Ye Jin's POV

I rush through the halls, holding my towel and clothes to change. I need to get to the bathroom faster than my brother, Kai. I have my own but it's broken and the big coincidence is that Kai's bathroom is broken too. Funny right? No. I reached my hand out to open the door until someone bump me out of the way. I almost lost my balance. I look up and glared at him. He's giving me his annoying smile, as always. "Ha! Got here first!" He laughs. My eyes twitch. "First? You freaking bump me out of the way! I got here first you bastard" I say while emphasizing the last sentence. 

He ruffles my hair but I slap it away. "Ouch! Feisty! C'mon. I'm just messing with you. That's what siblings do right? Mess with each other and have fun." He smiles again. I roll my eyes, open the door and shut it right on his face. 

"Well that's rude. As always. Anyway make it quick! I have a soccer practice today. I can't be late." I hear his footsteps. I guess his leaving.

I sigh. "I hope you are late." I look at myself at the mirror. Why do I have to look like him? Yeah, we're twins. And I freaking hate it! He's always number one — in my parents heart, in school and at everything — I'm always number two. People always compare us. How Kai is better than me, smarter than me, more athletic than me and more talented than me. It's annoying me. People say that I should be like him. Well news flash people I can be who I wanna be plus I know I'm way better than him. 

I wash my body, change my clothes then I go out of the bathroom. It took me 40 minutes since I do love my hair and I can't get out with an ugly hair. "Aye! You're so slow." He ruffles my hair again. "Ugh! Why did you do that you ?! Do you know I hate people messing with my hair!" 

"God, you need to chill man. It's just your hair you can fix it again." He's looks at me with his eyes open. I bet he was shock at my sudden raise of voice. Well that's always his expression when I shout at him. "Woah woah. Why are you guys shouting? It's 8 am in the morning and it's Saturday. Can't we a have a peaceful day? Maybe just today? You guys keep on fighting and shouting. No, only you Jin. You keep on shouting at your brother. You know his older than you by 10 minutes right?" My mother walks towards our direction. 

My hands turn into a fist. "Why do you always take his side?!" 

"Well why not? Who's the one shouting anyway?" Her right brow raise. 

"But!" 

"No buts missy. Now go. Your brother still needs to wash up."

I scream and walk away while stomping my feet, loudly. I really hate them! Early in the morning and they're making me angry. I see my dad coming. I just bump into him without saying sorry. "Woah, what happen? Hey you get back here!" I did not turn or look back. I continue to stomp away. I know I look like a child but I don't care.

I walk down the stairs and into the dining table. I sit on my usual seat. One of the maids brought my food. "Thank you, unnie." I smile and she smiles back. "Enjoy! Here's water I bet your voice is tired from shouting a while ago." We both laugh. She's Jin Ah. She's the only Korean maid here. It's cool since my family is Korean. I'm Korean but I'm staying here at LA. She's the only who's on my side that's why I like her and she's like a sister to me. Unlike the others. They prefer Kai more since he's calm and kind. Barf! Excuse me I am nice to them. I am nice to everybody but once you piss me I'll be your worst nightmare. I heard them talking about me being the devil child while the angel was Kai. I told my parents to fire them but they didn't. They even agree like what the ? That's why I want to leave the household but I can't. They will trace me and find me. I once left the house to go to my friend's house without telling them plus it was midnight but by the next day they found me because that tattle tale, Kai, told them where I could be found so they took me back at home and ground me for two months. 

I really never felt any love from them or any support. I once join the cheerleading squad when I was in middle school while Kai joined the soccer team. We were supposed to cheer for them. My mom and dad went and watch the match. They bought a camera of course. I only got one shot. My eyes were closed! Kai got a lot of shots. They told me I'm just going to shout and do some stunts so they don't need a shot of me but Kai needs a lot since he's the star of the group. Like biased much? Hello it's not easy to be thrown off the ground with only three people catching you. Once at practice I almost died because the 3rd base, the one that will support your back, wasn't paying attention that he almost didn't catch me. I told my parents and they said: "Well your still alive right?" Sometimes I wonder if they really care for me and if they think of me as their child.

They know I look like Kai. Can't they look at me like how they look at Kai? Can't they be more caring?! I always cry at night. Such heartless people. 

I take bread, rip it in half and shove one up my mouth. I turn my head to the right. I see Kai walking up to the dining table, smiling at me. "Tch" I eat the last piece of bread. I drink the water and leave the room. I take my skateboard, my phone and my bag and leave the house. Again, I'll be going to my friends house to cool off. 

 

Kai's POV

I see Jinnie walking away. She's angry again. Why is she always angry? Did I really do something? I'm just trying to be a sweet brother since we always fight like all the time. I put my towel on my shoulder. My mom pats my back. "It's okay, honey. Don't be sad. You didn't do anything. I don't know why she's always raising her voice. Tch" She shakes her head. My dad comes towards us. He bumps into Jinnie but Jinnie didn't apologize. 

"What happen again?" My dad asks. 

"They got into a fight. Again" Says mom while she emphasize the word again. 

"Seriously? That girl has some serious issues."

"Anyway Kai. Go wash up you don't want to be late for soccer practice." I nod and went inside the bathroom. I do my usual routine — brush my teeth, wash up, change clothes and fix my hair. It only takes me 20 minutes to finish unlike Jinnie. She takes forever to finish. It's quite funny how she always worry about her hair. She always takes care of it like seriously.. I'm quite jealous. Can't you believe it? Me, getting jealous over her hair. I do wish she could take care of me like how she does to her hair. She has like a lot of stuff just for her hair. She never buys those unnatural. She always make sure that the brand is natural. 

After washing up, I went down stairs. I see her eating her breakfast. She looks so lonely so I decided to go and eat with her. I see her diverting her gaze at me. I smile at her but she only ate her food fast and left the house with her skateboard and bag. I sigh. And our morning routine starts. Jin Ah, one of our maids, put the food in front of me. "Here. Eat up." She leaves without any other words. Does.. she hate me too? Okay. I eat my food peacefully. 

Sometimes I'm jealous of other siblings how they fight but make up again. We never make up, me and Jinnie. I'm really hoping for miracle to happen that one day we'll be close like best friends. I know, I'm cheesy but that's one of my wish — to be close with Jinnie. 

She did once help me back at elementary. When I was still a bit weak and naive about things, some bully try to take my food. Jinnie came with her bag and threw it at the bully. Of course she got in trouble because the bully told her parents a different story. Mom and dad ground her. I tried to tell them the truth that she didn't do anything wrong and she tried to help me but they didn't listen to me. She's of course angry because nobody took her side but I did! I was really happy that she help me. It was the first time she help me and that was the last. I never got that treatment ever again since I grew strong now. I didn't need her help anymore but maybe once she could help me. 

I finish up everything. I took my bag, put on my soccer shoes and went out. I use one of my skateboard. Yeah, we both have skateboards. Well that's what we have in common. Actually we have a lot of common things. I'm really happy. She likes dancing. I like dancing. She's very athletic. I'm very athletic. We both like the same dance group and many more. I wish we could fangirl together. That sounds kinda gay. 

- - - - - 

"Okay! Everybody, good job. Now you guys can go home." Our coach signal us to go home. I pack my stuff, bid my goodbyes and went home. We practice till the afternoon — from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm — seven hours of practice. Now that's very tiring. Of course we did have a 1 hour break. It's the big game tomorrow that's why we practiced for so long. I took a cab since I was tired to use my skateboard. 

I got home in a flash. Jinnie is already there. She's sitting on the couch with her legs and arms cross. Mom and dad is also sitting on the couch. It's like they have something important to say. "Good your home!" Mom exclaimed. I see Jinnie rolling her eyes. I put my bag down and sat near her. She move a bit. 

"Well what do you have to say to us? Spit it out. I want to go up now. The stink is burning my nose." says Jinnie as she waves her hand over her face. I raise my arm up and try to smell my armpit. Holy , I smell like a garbage can. I put my arm down and move away from her. 

"Anyway, me and your dad have decided to.. Honey, you go tell them!" She push dad. 

My dad's eyes widen. "Why me?" 

"It's your problem anyway that's why we're moving to Seoul." 

"Excuse me what?" I look at Jinnie and her expression is well you can't really guess if she's shock or angry. I, on the other hand, is shock! We're moving back to Seoul? To be honest the last time I was there was when we were visiting grandma because she's ill and died. "What do you mean we're moving back to Korea?!" 

"Yeah, why now? And when are we leaving?" I in. 

"Well...."

 


author's corner: well here's the first chapter. it a bit and it has some foul words but anyway subscribe, upvote and comment! < 3