Chapter 07

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 07 - Sports Fest!
“Our MVP, Ye Jin!


Ye Jin's POV

2 weeks have past. My first gig became a big hit that clubs have been trying to book us. It's was awesome! And Minah took the video of my first gig that Suho turned it in a better one and he posted it on Youtube. It has 10,000 hits and it's still going up. Cool right? Because of that we have our official Youtube Channel and an official website. We also have our own slogan made by moi: 'There's no right turn. There's no left turn. Only U-turn!' I just kinda thought of that and they liked it. 

All the people in school already knows that I'm in the band, U-turn. Kai already knows that I'm in it. He does keep on telling me to back out now since he thinks that being in a band can lead to bad things. He watch to many movies about bands being rebels and whatnot. He still hasn't told our parents 'cause he knows they'll oppose about it and because I told him not to. This is one of the best things that ever happen to me and I don't want him to ruin it.

A lot of things happened at school, as always. Today is our sports fest. My first event in school since we were late going to school at Seoul High. I joined volleyball, basketball, darts and 100 meter dash. I really like sports — besides music — sports make me happy and alive. I'm not really the best player but it's fun joining some sports. 

The first game is basketball for boys — red vs. green. I'm in the yellow team. The same team as Jiyeon, Jimin and Jungkook — my 'J' friends. Our game is still later so I'm currently just roaming around the school. I would love to cheer but Hyeri told me not to cheer because it might ruin my voice. It's true though. My voice isn't really that stable because if I shout for a whole day my voice will be gone by the next day. That's why we limit our practices so my voice wouldn't hurt.

Too bad I didn't bring the map. I still don't know the way here. So basically, I'm lost. Bless me. Not to brag but I'm good at memorizing stuff but since the halls in every floor looks the same, it's confusing! I think I'll just have to go with the flow and follow where my feet take me. Our game is still at 1 pm and it's only 11:30 am so I still have time to roam around and have fun. 

I started singing quietly. I sang Don't by Ed Sheeran. "That heart is so cold all over my home. I don't wanna know that babe."

I stopped when I reached a garden? I didn't know the school had a garden. There was a beautiful gate so I opened it. It was indoor garden, after all. The whole place looks so beautiful! It's like a flower wonderland. It's like Alice in Wonderland! There were so many flowers from different kinds: sunflower, baby's breath, rose, daisy and many more. The trees were green and the grass too. I wonder how I didn't find this 2 weeks ago. And no one has told me about this to be honest. 

"Can’t stop me now can’t stop me now" 

Eoh? Someone's singing? I thought no one was in here. I followed the voice of the owner. The voice kinda sounds familiar. It's obviously it's a 'he' because of the deepness of the voice plus he's playing a guitar. I walked nearer and nearer and the voice got louder. I went behind the tree near him and stuck my head out. I can't really see his face, only his back. So I try to stick my head out more but luck wasn't with me so I fell miserably.

"Oh no. Ouch!" I rubbed my elbow and my knee. Dang it! I scraped my knee. It didn't really hurts but it means I couldn't play later. 'Nice one, Ye Jin!' 

I feel like someone blocked the sun since the whole place is made out of glass. I look up and it was Jungkook?! "Hi Jungkook" I waved at him, awkwardly. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked coldly. His voice sent shivers through my spine. How cold can he be? "I just found this garden and I didn't really umm well know you were here so forgive me. I'll be leaving now." I said. I stand up, bowed and left.

I thought that the wound wouldn't hurt that much but it does. I limping instead of walking. Shoot! How the am I suppose to play later. They're expecting a lot from me because they think I'm a really good player plus we don't really have much good players. "Stop." I turned around when Jungkook said that. He walked towards me. I don't really know why but I got scared. It's really the first time I'm getting scared by somebody. I'm not usually like this because people are all the same to me that's why I never get scared but he's different. He gives me that scary feeling. He's like a ghost, zombie and a grim reaper in one body. It's like a kids' worst nightmare. 

He raised his arm. I wasn't really thinking at all that I shouted at him not to hurt me. "Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry if I disturbed you just a minute ago!" I hide my face using my hands. I didn't feel anything happened and it was super quiet so I put my hands down. He was looking at me with a wtf-are-you-saying look. 

"I'm not gonna do anything, stupid. Just sit down and I'll treat that wound of yours. Tch." I obeyed immediately and sat down on the green grass. He knelt down before me and took out a band aid out of his bag. He took of the papers and stick it on the wound on my knee. He blew on it and left me there. 

Well that's unexpectedly nice of him. To be honest, I think of him as a big cold and mean guy. We aren't in good terms not like how he treats Hyeri and the others. In class, he glares at me and ignores me also in practices that's why I never talk to him. I try but really he ignores me like I'm a nobody or like a ghost. Suho told me to give him some time and he'll eventually talk to me but I think two weeks is a long time and we haven't even said anything to each other not until now! 

I have to say thank you at the very least. I stand up. It was still painful but I'm fine. I tried to catch up to him. "Hey! Wait, Jungkook." He din't turn around. Rude, I turned around when you told me to stop. I guess I have to run. 'Don't fail me now knee!' I said in my head and ran to catch up to him. Again, it hurts but I kept on singing rain rain go away but with the lyrics: pain pain go away. I've finally catch up to him. I stopped in front of him and bowed. "Jungkook, thank you for treating my knee." 

I didn't get any response. He just moved to the side and walked away. Seriously? Why wouldn't he say something to me? I don't know why but I want him to talk to me. I tried to catch up to him again. 

We're walking side by side. I guess he wouldn't mind because he wasn't complaining. Or is it just he acts like I'm not here. It was getting awkward, well for me, so I tried making up a conversation. "So what sports did you join, Jungkook-ssi?"

"Get away from me." Great. Well that's a rude response. I scratch my nape. "Do you hate me, Jungkook?" I unexpectedly asked. I was shocked that I said that. I shook my head. "No! Sorry. You don't have to answer that." 

"No. I don't hate you." 

Huh? He doesn't? When he said that, I stopped from walking. I watch him leave me there. I watch his back although all I can see is the bag. So he doesn't hate me? Why do I feel relive and happy? Maybe because I really like people to like me and not hate me. I didn't notice that I was smiling not until Jiyeon surprised me. "Yo! Ye Jin. Why are you smiling? In the middle of the hallways? Like an idiot?" 

"I was? I didn't notice." 

"That's weird! Anyway, the team leader is looking for you because the darts are starting."

"What? What time is it anyway?"

"12"

"Oh yeah! Pfft. I forgot! Leggo!" I dragged her with me and we ran to the room that the darts will take place. "What happen to your knee?" Jiyeon asked. I looked down. I completely forgot that I scrape my knee awhile ago. "Oh nothing. I scrape my knee awhile ago! It's not a big deal."

 

Jimin's POV

The sports fest is so boring! It's just that almost all the players are boys and I can barely see girl players. I know I'm a big flirt but hey I grew up with 4 girls in the house — a mom and three sisters —two older than me and one younger. So I know more about girls than boys because my father left us when I was still in middle school.

Some people think I'm gay though and some people I mean the boys in our school 'cause you know I hang out with girls but they stop calling me that ever since I met Jungkook, Sehun and Suho. And now they're just plainly jealous because I have all the girls. Even though I flirt with a lot of girls I never experienced true love or first love. I never had a first love! Seriously! No one knows that I still haven't had my first love since I know all of the people has one and it would be really embarrassing if I tell them. Only Suho knows that I don't have a first love.

I'm currently staying at the bleachers watching the basketball game. I'm in the game but they wouldn't sub me. I heard my team whispering awhile ago that I'll just steal their spotlight if I join. And that's why some girls are already leaving because I'm not in the game. I'm really sorry if I'm that handsome. "Put Jimin in the game!" I turn around to see Seohyun noona screaming. I winked at her and she just smiled like a big idiot. 

The game is finished. Of course, we lost. We would win if they let me in. Basketball is my specialty besides drumming and flirting. It's really annoying how they didn't let me in. I even practiced with Jungkook. Okay with Suho because Jungkook says he doesn't want to play. Suho's my buddy. He's one of the people who understands me.

The next game is basketball girls! Finally! It's yellow vs. red. It means our team is playing. I think we'll lose because almost all of the basketball players are in the red even they're captain is in the team.

The players walked in the basketball court. Hey! Ye Jin is playing. I didn't know she plays basketball. She's really awesome. The way she can play our instruments and she can sing, rap and dance. She's like a total package. And now she can play sports. Well, we just have to see if she can play. "Yellow team! Go!" They shouted after they huddle up. She's in the first five so that means she's good. 

"Ye Jin! Ye Jin! Ye Jin!" I turned around and see some boys cheering for him. It's quite amusing how she's only here for 2 weeks but she's already famous and popular. 

They passed the ball to her. Oh no. She's block by two girls, Kahi and Nana. They're obviously taller than her. She can't pass the ball. "Oh my god!" I shouted. She shoot the ball in the hoop. But she was so far away from the basket. That's amazing! 

She's really amazing. "Go Ye Jin! She's my best friend. She won the darts!" I turn my head to my right. It was Irene. So she represented our team in darts. That's cool. 

"Go Ye Jin! You can do it!" I cheered. She turned around to face me. She smiled and waved. I smiled back. I placed my hand on my left chest. My heart is beating fast. Am I sick? Or wait, am I in love?

- - - - 

The sports fest is finished. The championship is tomorrow. Thanks to Ye Jin our girls' basketball and volleyball are in the championship game. She's musically inclined plus she's a sporty gal. She's pretty and nice. She's the total package. 

I see Suho walking and writing something. "Suho!" I ran towards him to hug him. He moved to the left so I didn't get to hug him. He has a fast reflex. Tsk. "What do you want Jiminnie?" 

"Stop calling me that. It doesn't sound manly at all." 

"Whatever. What do you want? I still need to fix U-turn's schedule. A lot of clubs are trying to book us and it's crazy! Thanks to Ye Jin."

My skip a beat when I heard her name. "Hyung" 

He looked at me. "Hmm?" 

"I think I'm in love."

 


 author's corner: oooh! jimin is in love? and jungkook help ye jin! he's not that bad after all huh? i wonder what will happen. i bet you're feeling the same way so keep on reading neh?

Comment, upvote, subscribe. < 3