Chapter 04

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 04 - New School for the Twins
“I'm scared Jinnie!


Ye Jin's POV

A new day has started. I'm looking at myself at the mirror. Today is the day were me and Kai will go to school — a new school. Although, we are late we got in. Well duh, money of course. I kid. We took an examination before we even went here to Korea. And we got in! I hope we have a seperate class. We're always together in one class. It's annoying. Just because we're twins we shouldn't be together forever. 

I'm wearing a white polo underneath a brown-ish blazer and a ribbon — that is colored as red, green and brown (the same as the blazer) —  around the collar. A skirt that is the same color as the ribbon, a white knee-high socks and some black school shoes. I put on some accessories because this will be the first time I'm wearing uniform. In L.A., we don't really wear uniforms. We just wear casual clothing. So I kinda have this new feeling.

I look at myself at the mirror again. The school uniform kinda looks like the one in Dream High 2. Yeah I watched that drama. Rian was my fav character even though she was a but that's what I like about her. 

I grab my new bag that my father bought for us. The bag gives of a classy and sophisticated feeling. It's a backpack. The shape of it is box and the colors in it are peach, brown and black. Such pale colors, I hate it. Although, I do love black. 

I double check my stuff. Maybe I forgot anything. I don't want to forget anything in the first day, of course. Everything was in there. So I'm ready to go! I'm kinda a bit nervous. I wonder what the school will look like. I've seen the outside but I wanna know what's inside. I also want to know what kind of students they are. I hope they're not like our school that's been classified into different cliques or groups but I bet it will. I just have to find out.

Somebody knocked on the door. Ugh. Everyday now, I always get a knock on my door. Gosh! I slung the bag on my shoulder and opened the door. It was one of the maids in the house. I smiled at her. "Good morning!" I greeted then continue. "Is there a problem?" She smiled and greeted me back. Hey, I guess she's nice. Not like the ones at home. When I first greeted them, they just smiled at me and when they turn around I can feel like they just rolled their eyes at me except for Jin Ah, of course. She's so nice!

"Your nice just like your grandmother has told me before she passed away!" She said as she snapped her fingers. 

"Grandmother? She told you about me?" I asked — obviously confused.

Grandmother? She said that? I thought her favorite was Kai? She never really focused her eyes on me just Kai like the last time we went here — that was like 4 years ago, when we were 13. She rarely talks to me because Kai did all the talking for us. Whenever she asked how our things, Kai would answer it. I would just nod and smile at her so I never got bonding time with her. It's quite sad. A lot of people say that its fun when you're with your grandparents because they will make you food, bond with you even if they're old and they will give you money! My grandma did make me food and money but the whole bond thing never happened.

If you're wondering where's my grandfather, I never met him. When we were 1, me and Kai, he died because of cancer. We did went to his funeral but I never remember it because duh, we were 1. Plus I can't even remember his face not until last week when I saw their albums. 

"Why? You look rather confused Ms. Ye Jin?" 

I shook my head. "Nah, It's just that I never thought that she'll talk about me. I always thought that her favorite is Kai. And just call me Ye Jin! You're older anyway." I smiled again and she also did. 

"Oh no, no. Although I only came a month after you guys left when you last visited here, your grandmother has always told things about you. How you're so pretty, talented and always had that beautiful smile of yours. She said she regrets not talking to you. She always thought you were shy and Kai was not. So she had a hard time trying to approach you. How she will communicate with you but she does love you. She actually feels sorry for you because everybody loves Kai more than you."

"How did she know that?" I asked without any hesitation or pause. 

"How?" She stops and giggles. "With this of course!" She took out a notebook. I examined it carefully. My eyes widen in shock. It was my diary! 

I snatched it from her. Obviously, she was taken back but she chuckles after. "How.. Why is this with her? How did she get this? I've been looking for it ever since we came back to L.A from Seoul."

"Don't you remember you left it here?" She giggles again. "Your grandmother saw it in the desk right here in this very room. She read it from your very first entry to the last. It was really sad how you always feel that. I've kinda read too since she gave it to me and I was curious! I'm sorry." She said as she bow in a 90 degrees way. I laughed. She's kinda cute even if she's in her 20's, I guess. "It's fine! It's fine! It was years ago anyway. I started it when I was 5 and continued it but I obviously stop when I left it here. So yeah it's fine." 

She smiles again. She loves to smile, I guess. "Anyway, your grandmother wants to gives this to you." It was a box. An antique box. It's looks so vintage? Hahahaha. i opened the box and it revealed a necklace. I took it out gently. It's really pretty!

"It's not just a necklace. It's a locket see?" She took it from me and opened it. It has a picture of grandma and a baby? Oh wait that's me. "It was supposed to be her and your grandfather but she change the picture to you. Sweet huh?" I nodded. She puts it around my neck. 

"She told me you can have it. And as a sorry gift for not noticing your feelings. I hope you can forgive her, neh?" I nodded. I look down at the box. It has an envelope too. I was about to take it, when Kai went in the room. "Hey Jinnie, Leggo!" He said in English and left. 

I rolled my eyes and shut the box. I put it in my desk. "Thank you, umm what your name eonnie?" 

"Su Jin! My name is Su Jin!" She reaches out her hand. I grabbed it and we both shook hands. "Call me Ye Jin, neh Su Jin eonnie?" She nods. I smiled and said goodbye to her. I ran downstairs and went inside the car. 

"Are you guys ready for your new school?" Unexpectedly me and Kai both shook our heads. My dad was not amused, of course. "You guys are twins. Tch." And then eh starts the car. Here comes new school! 

- - - -

Me and Kai are standing in front of the school gates. The school is huge! And I guess school is starting in a minute since students are rushing in inside. We three went inside. Before going to our classes we stop at the principals office because duh, we still don't know which class are we? 

Some students are still outside and they were looking at us. I can here them gossiping about us too. Gosh, it's like we're aliens.

"Look, new students?"

"They look the same! Twins?" 

"The girl looks pretty and hot"

"The guy is so handsome! I think I found my soul mate!"

So these are the type of people here. Huh? Good to know? My dad knocked on the door and opened it. The principal is a dude. He's sitting on his chair smiling at us. Of course, we three bowed as this is Seoul. They really have some cool manners here. 

"Good morning Mr. Kim. It's nice to see you." The man stood up from his seat and shook hands with my father. "It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Lee. These are my children, Kai and Ye Jin. Thank you for accepting them in this prestigious school." up level: my father. Tch. And that is why our business is good because he knows how to up to people. Just like Kai.

"Good morning Mr. Lee." Kai bowed. I look at him and did the same. I don't want to be rude and I don't want him to like Kai better than me. I'm here to start a new!! 

After some long talk — it's just 10 minutes but it's taking forever! — we finally know what our schedule, class and locker numbers are. Bad news! We have the same classes. Good news. Our locker is far away but it doesn't top the bad news. 

"Good luck on your first day!" He pats both our heads and left the school. I rolled my eyes — it became a habit — and starts to walk to find my class. "Jinnie, wait!" Kai grabs my hand and pulls me near him. 

"What now?! Ugh. We're late. Look, there's no more people here." I spread my arms out. 

"I know I know! But I'm scared of the new school. What if we're always left out? What if someone bullies us?"

So tell me do I have a twin brother or a twin sister? "Man up, ! I bet people will praise you again like in L.A. So do you think you'll get bullied? Whatever. If you don't want to go then go home you scaredy cat. Tch." I turn around and walked away. 

"But can I hold your hand then?" 

"No!" 

"How about your bag?"

"Shut up Kim Jong In!" 

"Hey, you said my real name!" 

Ugh. Really! He's annoying af. Soon we reached the class. Kai keeps on chanting he do it over and over again. I knocked on the door as Kai wasn't ready to do it. The door opened. "You guys must be the new students huh?" 

I nodded and bowed. "I'm" Before I could even introduced myself she interrupted me. "Woah, introductions are for later neh? Let me just calm the clas down and you can introduced yourselves." She winks at me. Well she seems nice. 

"Okay! Be quiet! We have some new students here. They came from L.A." Everybody became silent after they heard that. " Well, come in." She signal us to come in. I nodded and smiled. I went in with Kai following me. "You can now introduced yourselves." She chuckles. 

I bowed at them. "Annyeong Haseyo, my name is Kim Ye Jin. You can call me Jin." I smiled. 

"Whoo! Finally a girl transferee!"

"She's pretty too. Just wait she'll be mine." 

"You're such a player. Give her to me."

Okay, now I'm scared but my smile was still there. It was Kai's turn and I could see the girls' eyes. It didn't surprise me 'cause it's always been like that. "Annyeong Haseyo, Kim Jong In is my name. But I prefer you guys to call me Kai." He smiled and just a split second the girls started to fangirl, squeal and whatever. 

"Handsome dude!"

"I call dibs."

"He's so cutee!" 

But one thing caught our attention. "So you guys are twins?" A girl yelled right from the back. No sherlock. Okay that's rude but it's kinda obvious well at least she didn't squeal or scream like the other ones. So I guess will get along but hey maybe she's containing her feels. Ha! Me and Kai both nod and said yes at the same time making others amazed as such little thing. "Well since you guys are done introducing yourselves. The only chairs are near Chanyeol and Hyeri." So her name is Hyeri. The one who asked. 

So I have to choose between a guy looking at me with a creepy face or the girl who looks like she rebels too much. Well because she was wearing a black vest than the blazer, her sleeves are rolled up and no ribbon. She wasn't wearing her name tag just like the others. (I still haven't have my name tag though. They said I'll have it tomorrow.) And I can see from here she's wearing boots instead of the traditional school shoes. And for some reason it's like I've seen her before.

"I'll sit with Mr. Chanyeol, please." Kai said. I mentally sighed. To be honest, I don't want to sit with that Chanyeol dude. He looks creepy with the smile on his face. I can hear him saying "aww but I want to sitt with the new girl." It's the first time Kai save me. But I'm not thanking him for that. I walked towards the seat. I put my bag down and took a sit. I can sense Hyeri looking at me but I did not budge and listened to the teacher instead. This is going to be a long day! 

- - - - 

The bell just rang, I heard it's lunch time. I took my wallet from my bag and stood up from my seat. I look at Kai. People are starting to swarm around him. Pfft. "Hey, Ye Jin!" I turn around and a group of girls walked towards me. This is it! Time to make new friends! I smiled brightly as possible. "Hi!" I waved. 

"Welcome to our new school! I'm Sojin by the way." She reaches her hand out. I took it and we both shook our hands. She's really pretty. "This is Bang Minah" She points at the cute girl wearing her hair in a braid. "This is Kim Yura" She then points at the girl with a poinytail. "This is Park Jiyeon." The girl waves at me. She's wearing a headband with spikes on it. "And last but not the least, Bae Joohyun or also known as Irene!" The girl with cute little eyes waves at me. 

"It's nice to meet you guys! Please treat me well." I bowed. 

"Yes yes we will!" Irene exclaimed. 

"Gosh! You're so pretty!" Yura said. "Nah, you're prettier!" 

"Anyway! Let's go to the cafeteria now. I'm hungry!!" Jiyeon said rubbing her tummy. "Aigoo! You really do love food!" I chuckled their cute little arguement. Minah wrap her arm around mine pulled me with her. "Let's go Ye Jin. Let's leave them." We both giggle. 

Soon we reached the cafeteria. We bought our food and sat on the table. I heard it's their usual table. Just like I know, there's also cliques here. And I'm already one of them. But I'm fine! They seem like the kind of group who are nice and fun to be with. I can already see Kai with another clique. It's full of boys of course. There's 11 of them including him. "Hey, you're brother is already in the popular group, huh?" So he's in the popular group. It's not that surprising though. 

"Oh look here comes the plastics!" Yura rolled her eyes. They all sighed and made disgusting faces. "Plastics?" What am I? In Mean Girls the movie? 

"Just like in the Mean Girls movie there's this typical group who are mean and act like queens in the school and they are the plastics." She points at the girls walking towards their table. Some were using their phones, fixing their hairs and whatnot. 

"That's Hyuna, Taeyeon, Yoona, Sulli and their most evil leader, Suzy. They think their so pretty but they're not because their souls are ugly as hell!" Sojin stabbed the steak with her knife. I was taken back of course. Okay they must be really bad for them to tell those nastly insults at them. I must watch out. Another, group came and Hyeri was there from awhile ago and 4 other boys. She was clinging to one though. He looks rather mysterious not cold but really mysterious. Seriously, they look so familiar! Especially that guy with glasses. "Hey U-Turn is here!" 

U-turn? Wait, the ones in the club?! Oh yes yes. Now I remember! So they go to school here. And that guy with glasses was the one who talker to me in the club. "Who are they?" I asked them — acting like I haven't seen them. 

"Oh, U-turn. They're a band. The famous band here in Seoul High!" 

 


 author's corner: another chapter out! teehee. Ooh Ye Jin gets to meet U-turn again. I wonder what will happen?

Comment, upvote, subscribe. < 3