Chapter 02

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 02 - Moving to Seoul 
“Goodbye USA. Hello Korea.”


Kai's POV

"Well..." My mom look at us then he look at dad. She tilts her head then moves it up and down ( i don't think that makes sense but i think you know what i mean). I think she's trying to tell dad to tell something to us. My dad's eyes widen. Now, they're arguing but they were whispering to each other so I didn't know what they were talking about.

I divert my gaze to Jinnie. She's looking at our parents with irritation. She then looks at me. I smile at her. Her one eyebrow raise. "What'cha looking at?" Her voice was so cold. It's like a cool air just touched my skin. It's funny because it's hot in here. After, I guess, 1 - 3 minutes of arguing they are finally ready to tell us the reason. Awhile ago I want to sing 'Just Give Me A Reason' by Pink but it might ruin the mood and everyone looks so serious until they started arguing. They kinda look like kids when they argue.

My dad takes a deep breath. I guess he's the one telling us the answer. "We're moving to Seoul because." He pause then continue. "Our company there is having problems. I'm supposed to be the only one going there but your mom doesn't wants us to be apart." He look at mom with a stern look.

"Well because I don't trust anything anymore. What if you're going to cheat on me?" says mom. 

"You watch too much dramas these days" 

See. They fight like little kids. Sometimes, I just laugh at them when they argue. "That's the reason?" We all turn our heads at Jinnie. She is obviously not amuse. "That's the freaking reason on why are we moving to Seoul?" She stands up with arms out. 

She then continues. "Isn't that a bit too much? And it sounds made up. C'mon. Is there any other reasons? Cause that's not even considered as one. It's not reasonable. Plus even he can just leave alone mom. Why would you even marry him if you don't trust him. In marriage, there's trust." She ruffles her hair. It's the first time she's doing that. "Ugh. Whatever. I ain't moving." She leaves the living room and goes up to her, well, her room. 

"Ye Jin!" My mom calls out. "Ye Jin Lee!" 

She didn't turn around. She continues to go up. One thing about Jinnie is she's stubborn and not a good listener and hard-headed. But hey, no one's perfect right? "We're moving to Seoul whether you like it or not! Lee Ye Jin!" Shouts my mom. I think she heard that because she was still in the stairs. I guess. I told you, she's not a very good listener. She likes to block people out when she wants to. 

"You agree to move to Seoul right, Kai?" Both my parents look at me. 

I just smile at them, sheepishly. "Yeah sure." I can't argue. They're my parents. I can't disrespect them. I want to so I could be like Jinnie 'cause she gives off that cool vibe but I really can't. Once I did disobey them, but I felt guilty that I even punished myself. "So when are we moving?" I ask. I have to be sure it's not tomorrow. I can't miss the big game!

My mom and dad smile at me. "On Tuesday. We can't miss your big day tomorrow plus if we do it on Monday I know you'll be super tired. So we move it on Tuesday." Explain by my mom. 

"Now get some rest number one player! Good luck tomorrow." My dad gives me a thumbs up. I smile as wide as possible. I hug them and then went up. I was about to go to my room but my feet stop in front of Jinnie's door. I'm kinda having doubts if I should knock or not. I didn't want to disturb her but I knocked anyway. "Jinnie?" I call out. No answer. I knock again and called her name. Again, no answer. I knock and call her name over and over again. The door open in a flash. She looks completely angry. 

"WHAT?"

I was taken back a bit. She's really really angry. Well she does hate when people knock over and over again but she doesn't answer so yeah. "Please agree. Oh? I'm sure it's true that dad's company at Seoul has a problem." 

"So that's why you knock on my door? To tell me that?" 

"Yeah. And you're watching my game tomorrow right?" 

"No." She shuts the door in front of me. "Jinnie!!' I knock on the door over and over again. 

She opens it again. "If I say yes, will you stop knocking on the door?" She says calmly but I know she's pissed. I nodded like a little dog. "then no!" She shuts the door. I can hear she just turn the music on and made it really loud that I can hear it. "It's a yes then!" I smiled then went to my room. 

Ye Jin's POV

"It's a yes then!" I kinda heard that even if I made the music loud. Gosh! He acts like a kid. He's freaking 16 and he's acting like that. And he's asking me to watch his game. Hell no! I won't watch and even if he asked I will go. I'm will be forced by mom and dad to go.

Speaking of mom and dad. I really can't believe we're moving to Seoul. I know it's my country because I'm Korean but still! It does't make sense at all. Their reason, mom and dad's, is not considered as one. It sounds really cliche and an over used excuse. It's like straight out of a drama. I know, just like mom, I watch to much dramas. It's not like I don't want to go there. I've been there only for a week when grandma was sick and I didn't get to see a lot of things. Basically, I only saw a few places. And I'm kinda a fan of K-pop. It's just that it's happening so suddenly. I still have school. I can't abandon my team. I'm the captain of the volleyball for girls. And I can't abandon my friends. I wonder what they will say about it? 

I put the pillow over my head and I scream really loud. This is how I calm myself, to be honest. And loud music. Loud music helps me calm down. "Why?!"

- - - -

The day has come! Ugh. Yes it's practically Tuesday. The day were we go to Seoul. About the game last Sunday, they won. It's good thing because mom treat the whole team and me out to dinner. We ate a lot to be honest.

Jin Ah packed my bags, only my clothes, because I didn't want to go. Jin Ah had no choice and my parents threatened her if she doesn't pack my bags, they will fire her. That's mean you know? I really hate them. I'm currently packing another luggage and my carry on. I'm putting some of my caps and skateboards on the other luggage and some other personal stuff on my carry on or backpack. 

After I was finish, I took everything out so my dad could put it on the van. Good timing, my dad was coming to my room. "Done? What's with the other bag?" 

"My skateboards and caps."

"Really? I don't think you'll need them." He says. 

"I need them." I emphasized the word 'need'. 

"Take them back. I told you. You don't need them."

"Hey dad! I'm finish packing." Kai came running towards our direction. Ugh. Here comes the favorite. "Two luggage?"

He asked Kai. Kai nodded. "This bag is for my skateboards and shoes." Dad looks at me and then Kai. "You guys are twins. Whatever. Anyway Kai, carry your sister's luggage after you carry yours down. And you." He points at me. "Go change. Bring a jacket in your back pack. It might be cold there." I nodded and went in. I already decided on what I'm going to wear. 

I change into a white polo with a dark red sweater —that has a raccoon on it —on top of it. I also wore a skinny black pants, black high top converse shoes, a black beanie and some fake glasses. And that's how fashionable I am. Ha! I took my back pack and went out of the room. Kai just came back for my luggage. He smiles at me but I just rolled my eyes at him. I went down. He also went down. "Ye Jin! You have company. Also you Kai!" I quickly ran downstairs. I knew it was my friends. They texted me awhile ago. And it's them. 

"Uwah! Yennie Jinnie! Hello! Hello!" Exclaimed Krystal, one of my best friends, as she hugs me tight. "Stal! OMG! I'm going to miss your greetings." 

"She's nice to her friends but to us she's cold sheesh!" Mutters my mom. I rolled my eyes. Krystal giggled alongside with my other 2 friends. "Jinster! I'm really going to miss you. Why do you have to leave? Who will be my skater buddy?" Said Amber. She's a bit a boyish but I really love her because we almost have the same hobbies and all. 

"I know. I'm going to miss you and the skate park. And your funny character over alls!" I fake wiping a tear off my eyes. 

I turn my gaze to BamBam, my male best friend. He's from Thailand but grew up in here. Although, he is younger than me by 1 year. "Aww! I'm going to miss you kiddo." I ruffle his hair as I hug him. "Aye! Not the hair. But I'm going to miss you Yen! My forever bank!" We all laugh. He calls me 'a bank' because I always treat him plus Yen is Japans currency. That's about all my friends. Krystal is an American-Korean. Born here and raised here of course, just like me. Amber is Tawianese-American. Basically we come from different countries. 

I do have other friends but they're the only ones I accept. Some of the people who wants to be friends with me just wants info about Kai and they think if they're close with me they will be close with Kai. Like hell no! Good thing I act nice to them. I don't really want to be that bad guy in the school. 

It's funny how we have different nicknames for each other. Amber calls me Jinster. I call her Llama because she compared herself to a Llama once that I started calling her one. Krystal calls me Yennie Jinnie cause she thinks it's cute. I call her Stal for short. Bambam calls me yen while I call him Kiddo! Even though his in the 11th grade. It's just that he's so cute! And he still looks like a kid.

"Are you still going to visit here Yen?" Asked BamBam. 

"Hmm!" I nodded. "Of course. I couldn't live without you guys, obviously." 

"Me too! Yennie Jinnie is my sister forevs!" Krystal shouted. Clearly you will know who's the girly one in the group. "And you guys are my sisters forevs!" I copied Stal's voice. "Oh and my brother slash boyfie forevs!" I put my arm around Bambam's shoulder. I call him boyfie because when I'm in trouble he comes to the rescue and helps me. He also takes care of me like one. That girl he will like will be the luckiest girl in the world! 

While we were chatting about random things, Kai and his friend suddenly approached us. "Jinnie!" I turn around and quickly my expression change. "What?" 

Two of his other friends follows him. It's like Gru and the minions. "Eiip! Hi Kai!" I faced Krystal and gave her a really-your-just-going-to-scream-now look. She laughed and then shrugged. I shook my head. She likes Kai even though she has a boyfriend. You know this thing were girls have a forever crush? If you don't know well we have that one here in our circle of friends. Krystal's forever crush is Kai. I did say that I act nice to the people who tries to be friends with me just to get close with Kai but Krystal is different. She met me when she didn't have a crush on him. She only started having a crush on him when he joined the soccer team. She said he was so hot! Like eww. I'm fine with it though. Feelings can't be stop anyway. Even her boyfriend knows that she has a crush on him but he said it was fine because Krystal hit her with her cheesy lines: "Kai is my forever crush but you're my forever love." That's what she said. Cheesy right? 

"Hey there, Krystal." My brother flashed his 'famous' smile at her. She fake a fall. Amber catch her though. Sometimes, I don't why I'm friends with these people or related to HIM. 

"What do you want? Hurry and tell me." I said, pissed. 

"Well I don't really have anything to say but my friend does." He pushed one of his near me. It shock me of course. I never really pay attention to his minions I mean friends. And the awkward thing is that i don't know his name. "What seriously? Can't you tell her?" Wow they even argued in front of me. 

"Just tell me uhh.. I know this sounds rude and all but what's your name again?" I can hear my friends laughing at me so I shot them a shut-up-or-you-die look. He laugh to. Well that's kinda weird. I was expecting he would be embarrased or dissapointed.

"Nah, it's cool. My name is Eli." He paused and smiled. "I'm just here to tell you that, Ye Jin, ever since I came here and met you at school I've been in love with you and I want to give you this ever since your last birthday but I couldn't." He pass me a little box."That's all. I'm not really asking you to be my girlfriend cause someone will get mad." He points at Kai. Kai punched him — lightly— at his arm. 

"It was nice meeting you Ye Jin even though we don't really talk that much. Anyway I gotta run guys. I'll miss you bro! Don't forget to buy me gifts and souvenirs." He ran away after patting Kai at the back. 

My friends started to push me and saying 'Someone confessed to Ye Jin!'. They do that all the time. Yeah it's not really my first to get a confession. "Whatever!" I put the box in my bag. Soon it was time to leave. I said my last goodbyes to my friend. I went inside the car and here it is. The start of a new life. Goodbye USA. Hello Korea. I hope you'll be nice to me. 

 


author's corner: sorry for changing into present then past tense. ugh i really at writing and grammar. maybe i should really pay attention well at class AHAHAHA. comment, subscribe and upvote if you can! ^^