1- Her Story

Into the woods!

"I am... Dropped? What does that even mean?" 
She asked as the boss hit her with these incomprehensible decisions. 

"Means we don't need you at the current time, but we have your name listed and will definitely call you some day." 

"I've worked here for 3 years." She said in a whispering tone. 

The boss stood up and approached her, he rested his palm on her shoulder, "I'm sorry, we have no choice." 
~~~~

She looked sadly at her desk one last time, took the large box and walked her way out. 
It feels weird to go out on Wednesday morning without a serious excuse. She doesn't remember the last time she went out in daylight. Even her 2 days off, she would spend one day at home with family every once in a while but would be mostly at home, the next she would be at the office cause that's what she loves, being there, working and working. She loves her job. 
Loved... 

She sighed deeply and looked down still holding the box in her hand. 
Down at her feet, she bought those heels for the managers' meeting, that grey skirt for her first promotion, even the white blouse, she had it as a gift from her mother when she first had this job. 
Sarcastic. Perfect for today. 

'I started as a trainee, 7 months later I became a team leader, by the end of the year, I was promoted to be a manager. One year passed and they had me travelling overseas then I was honored as the best manager. Now I'm fired.' She talked to herself then started walking slowly towards her car. She put the box down and inserted the key shaking her head, "No, dropped. I am dropped." With no power to even fake a sarcastic laugh, she just placed the box next to the others on the back-seat. 

"Behind the wheel, now what?" She didn't even start the engine, to where she would go? A normal person would hit home, sleep on the couch, eat junk food, watch TV and maybe call some beer in to help pass out but that's not her. 

She pulled her phone out of her neat handbag and decided to make use of the hundreds of accounts she's having and only using them in work. 
Now, personal Facebook, Twitter, whatsoever. 
She logged in, million reds decorates the line above, wow she's not forgotten, people have been tagging her, messaging her, adding her... It's only her who ran out of there. 
However, she decided not to check all that, at least not today. She scrolled the screen to view all the feeds, not really interested in everyone's new profile pictures or girls taking revenge by sharing some pics. But she can't avoid her own siblings' album about her niece's birthday few days ago. She was invited, but she excused herself because 'She had work to do'.
pathetic.
The thought of passing by her home, her original home, her family's residence crossed her mind but she sadly shook the thought off, expecting all the talk from uncles and aunties, or the silence and pity look in her parents eyes, she won't be able to take that now. Not now. 
She smiles at the pics and roll over. Not pressing the 'like' button. 

She met an article talking about 2 certain fishes' that would destroy your body in the long term. She scoffed not caring to open it, who would believe fish would hurt? That's stupid. 

A new program will release the first episode tomorrow night. 'Don't have time.' She states and scrolls down but she stops, she scrolls back up, "Am not busy." She tells herself out loud then she checks the channel and the time, taking a mind-note to watch that tomorrow night. 
"Will take some time to get used to it." Again she tells herself inaudible voice. 
She liked the post and scrolled down. 

'New stories' in blue shade popped on top of her screen and so she pressed on it. 

New glittery purple nail polish is trending. Looks stunning, she pressed 'like' and moved on. 

Red is trending in night dresses. Looks attractive. She pressed 'like'. 

Her niece added a new photo, she liked the photo and smiled, unconsciously pressing 'like'. She crossed down but a notification beep caught her attention, she opened it, her niece commented on her own photo, "Hi!! I was happy that day but if you managed to come I would've been happier. Everyone would have actually. We miss you. Take care!"

Okay, she is touched, she feels tears threaten to fall, they still miss her, still care about her. She didn't know you can like a comment, she pressed that 'like' too. 

Back to home feeds, the first page stole her attention away, it was a suggested page called "Adventures around the world". She opened the page and viewed the first two posts, she scrolled up, liked the page and started reading and checking every post, every photo, every video. 
She smiled and locked the screen, the engine, knowing exactly where to go.