2017 February 07 (Winter)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oh, it's raining.”

It began raining a few minutes after we arrived in Seoul. I hope it was a good omen for us, especially now that I'm way over my phobia for the rain.

"Come Jagiya," Jaehee enveloped me on her arms tightly, "I'll protect you from the rain."

I was the one holding the umbrella, but she was trying hard not to get me wet.

"Hey, it's fine. One of father's drivers will pick us up and then we could go straight to the hospital," we originally planned to visit father after after Jaehee's check-up, but father insisted that we should at least spend a night at our house.

"Maybe we should greet your father first, and then go to the hospital. Wouldn't it be better?" Jaehee has been on good terms with my father ever since my proposal. In fact, their relationship together was better than my relationship with my father. She knows my father's soft spots because of Hyejoo's help. I couldn't even imagine myself teasing my own father.

"Father will understand, don't worry. I already sent him a text."

As soon as the car arrived we headed straight for the hospital. Jaehee's checkups are scheduled almost every week since the operation. Taewoo hyungnim said that if Jaehee's condition keeps on getting better, we will have to go back to Seoul once a month like before, and she can be fit for her future heart transplant operation.

"Seo Jaehee, long time no see!" it was customary for Han Taewoo to see and greet my wife first before he acknowledges my presence, "Suho ya hi!"

"Taewoo oppa," Jaehee feels cheerful whenever we see Han Taewoo, even if we usually see him on her checkups, "How's Seoul without me?"

"More than fine," Taewoo hyungnim teased, "Joowon succeeded in making himself your previous students' new favorite teacher."

Park Joowon found his calling and dream here in Seoul, looks like he's destined to be a teacher after all. He’s doing his best to become Kyungsoo and Jongin’s new favorite teacher.

Han Taewoo looked at me, "We'll just do some routine examinations, as always, and if Jaehee keeps getting better, then I will tell the good news to you both afterwards."

Jaehee left Doctor Han's office accompanied by a nurse, leaving me and Taewoo hyungnim alone.

"Suho ya, how's Jaehee this past few days?"

"She says she's fine, but I don't trust her sometimes. Once I saw her panting a little bit when she was going downstairs," I recall that event last week, I never left her side for two days, just to assess if she was really fine.

"There are some risks after operation, that's why I told you to stay in Seoul after the discharge for a while. She's still needs to be under observation."

I too was strongly against it at first, "But she recovered so much when she was at the island."

"I just hope nothing bad happens to her at the island," he could sense that this conversation is getting too serious, "Should I live there as well? There's a spare room at your house right?"

I scoffed, "You're banned there hyungnim."

"The good news is...,” Jaehee was back after an hour. Han Taewoo just recieved the test results, and I'm pleased to see him in his good mood. "We’re positive that Jaehee will undergo her heart transplant operation soon, at least late next month."

Finally. Even Jaehee looked genuinely happy.

"Jaehee's on the top of the recipient list already, and the possible donor is compatible to Jaehee's based on the tests we conducted," I could feel that Han Taewoo is relieved of this good news. "Finally Jaehee ya, you can have a new heart!"

I embraced Jaehee, and I could feel her crying on my shoulders. Tears of joy. I tried my best not cry in front of Han Taewoo.

He escorted us out of the building, "Oh and I almost forgot, Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds. I gave you the best present today Jaehee ya, don't forget that."

Arrogant bastard. Still I give him credit for the best news I've ever heard in my life, "See you around hyungnim."

"We'll visit our house sometime soon," Jaehee gave Taewoo hyungnim a goodbye hug.

"That sounds good. You should stay here in Seoul longer next time."

I told the driver to go ahead and leave the car earlier. Jaehee's doesn't know that we have to stop by somewhere else before we go to my father's house.

"Where are we going?" Jaehee asked. Before I could answer her, my phone suddenly rang, and I know who the caller is.

"Suho ya, everything's prepared already!"

I smiled. I called Joowon for another surprise event I planned just two days ago, "Thank you Park Joowon."

"Joowon?" I could sense curiosity in Jaehee's voice so I put it in loudspeaker, "Park Joowon where are you? We're in Seoul right now."

"I know. I wish we could chat later, or tomorrow if you have time!"

"We’ll let you know Joowon ah, goodbye for now."

"That was short," Jaehee commented, "So where are we going Jagiya?"

"You'll see..."

When we arrived at my studio, Jaehee finally had an idea where this was going. She looked excited at first but then she went for her bag to grab her phone. She must've opened the camera because she was suddenly talking to herself.

"Finally, everyone... my husband's solo conc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter