2014 August 29 (Fall)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coveralls are essential whenever I am conducting art classes with the kids. You don't want them runing around the room with a paint brush at hand. Today it won't be necessary. I gave them a task to draw, not paint, their family picture, which they were excited to do. They immediately started drawing once I was done giving them the materials they needed, letting their imagination take over.

After an hour and a half of assisting ten kids, they were done with their individual work and are now comparing it to others.

"Mine's the coolest!" claimed Jongin, while waving his work in front of Kyungsoo's face. "I even included my two dogs Jjanggu and Monggu."

Kyungsoo looked like he doesn't want to be defeated.

"My dad doesn't like pets running around the house, we have guards running around instead," it was now his turn to brag his drawing i front of Jongin's face, "I drew my guard and driver ahjussi here as well!" True to what he said, Kyungsoo drew five men in black standing alongside him and his mom and dad. 

When Kyungsoo was admitted here two months ago, he was escorted by his guards rather than his parents. That time security around our little school got pretty serious. I've seen his mom once during our family day last month, but his dad couldn't attend because of his busy schedule. Being the Prime Minister of a country means you can hardly get a free time with your family. His family ties remind me so much of... Lee Suho's. Thankfully Kyungsoo doesn't hate his father, in fact he is proud of him.

"Okay class, you may put your work here at my table once you're done. And the fastest to clean his desk will win a prize from me!"

Everyone got into their feet and began to clear  their area. They put the drawing materials into its respective places and the first one to run to where I was standing was Jongin.

"Teacher Seo!" he beamed.

"Well done Jongin ah!" I patted his head and gave him the box I had been carrying inside my bag. "What're the rules?" I asked before giving him his reward.

"Open it at home. Don't boast to the other kids," he said it as if making a list.

"What else?" 

He was thinking hard, afterwards Jongin automatically bowed in front of me, "Thank you Teacher Seo!"

"You're welcome," I said while giving my present to him.

That's why everyone who haven't won yet are so eager to have their chance in every mission I give them. They have no idea on what I give to those who do so. Jongin wins most of the time. He's too attentive, sometimes competitve, to be defeated.

After cleaning, they prepared themselves to go home. Everyone else will be welcomed by their parents or relatives by the lobby, everyone except Kyungsoo.

"Goodbye everyone, and have a safe trip home."

"Goodbye and thank you for today Teacher Seo," they all said in chorus.

It started raining outside once I opened the classroom door for them. Unknown to everyone, I have another routine whenever it rains. I grab one of the school umbrellas near the front desk and began to leave. Before I got to the doors, I noticed Kyungsoo waiting, sitting at the benches, alone. I approached him.

"Kyungsoo ya, why are you stil here?" I called and approached him.

"It seems driver ahjussi is late again," he answered in a sad tone.

"Do you want me to call your mom?"

"No need Teacher Seo," Kyungsoo answered quickly, "Mom's also busy like dad."

"How about I wait with you here until ahjussi arrives, do you like that?" He's not to be reasoned with, by the look of his face.

This time he felt at ease, "Thank you Teacher Seo," he said with a smile.

It took fifteen more minutes before Kyungsoo's driver arrived. He immediately walked towards us, carrying an umbrella, and walked to the doors. He apologized for being late, saying they had errands f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter