2014 September 19 (Fall) 1

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where’s our first stop Jaehee ya?”

Our boat had just landed to Cheongsando. Suho was full of energy; in fact, he face was full of smiles ever since I decided to let him come with me here in Cheongsando. The sole purpose of this trip is to help him remember, and I know that as we head back to Seoul after three days, he won’t be this happy anymore.

While our boat was still preparing to dock, Suho was busy taking pictures of the island. At least he was still dedicated to his chosen profession… Ever since he hung out with me at school, I thought he forgot everything about it.

“You hungry Suho ya?” I asked as we got out of the boat. I plan to head to the market first so that we could eat.

He nodded, as expected, we didn’t bring snacks for this trip, “We should eat first.”

At the marketplace, we found a diner that also sells the rice wraps that my mom makes. Curious about what it tastes like, we decided to eat there. An ahjumma, older than my mom owns the place. When our order arrived, Suho took the first bite.

His face did not look pleased, “I don’t think your mom will be threatened if she reopens her business here… there won’t be a competition.”

“Maybe the ahjumma started her business right after we left, people in this island loved my mom’s cooking,” I had a bite of the wrap. It wasn’t that bad, but it wasn’t as good as my mom’s.

“What do we do after…?” Suho asked, his mouth was still full.

“Well…” I too was busy chewing my food, “Since I first met you at school, how about we go there first?”

He nodded, and after a split second, he was eating like a hungry man who did not eat for days, “We better hurry… eating… so that we could go…”

After eating, Suho decided he will pay for our meal. I did not argue, I intended him to do so. He went to the counter to pay, leaving me in our table. I hurriedly looked for my meds inside my bag, it’s medicine time for me. I put it in mouth as fast as I could.

“What was that for?” I was alarmed by Suho’s voice. He saw me taking my meds.

“Vitamins,” I tried to answer casually. When I decided to tell him the truth, that did not include my illness, well at least not now. My stupid condition is not our priority right now.

He seemed to have accepted my answer. I drank water from my cup, and we left for our next destination.

Our school did not change much for the last five years. The only difference was that the flowers were gone, and that the grounds are full of fallen leaves. It was spring time when I met Suho. Everything around us was full of bright colors back then. Now the school looked empty, maybe it’s because we’re the only people here.

“The first time I saw you, you were the epitome of all things rebe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter