2009 May 01 (Spring) 2

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's school here in Cheongsando?"

"Better." 

We were having an awkward dinner in our house. Mister Kang Inho and Hyejoo joined us in eating while Joowon and his father served our meals and drinks.

"Just better?"

"Lee Suho is good in his studies nowadays Sir Lee..." Mister Kang decided to in. "He goes to class regularly and even talks to his classmates during breaks."

"Hmmm..." My father continuously ate.

"Seems like that play really changed you Suho oppa," Hyejoo added while eating, "Now I'm more excited to watch it tomorrow."

Joowon appeared from the kitchen carrying a pitcher of water. He poured it on my father's glass. I didn't like feeling superior to Joowon so I ended up dragging him to sit beside me to join us, carrying the pitcher with him.

"Suho ya... I have to help dad." he began to stand so I pulled him down again.

"Uncle can eat too, right father?" Father gave me a disapproving look. "I mean this is a small house, and we all have hands and feet."

Everybody went silent after what I said, it's like physically they are here but they mentally want to run away from the dining table. My father replied in a few seconds with a displeased tone.

"Of course they can eat with us, if you think they are family..."

"You're the only person I'm doubtful at father," I dropped the chopsticks I was holding and stood up. He still acts like he's the boss. "Calling you family."

Father cleared his throat. He usually does that whenever he tries to control his rage. I went outside the house before he could speak a word, my appetite gone. I noticed Kim Hyejoo following me.

"Oppa! Where are you going? You barely even ate.."

"Somewhere I can't feel his presence."

Hyejoo grabbed my arm to stop me. "I'm sorry Oppa. I know I'm one of the reasons why you're mad."

"I'm not mad at you Hyejoo ya, I'm mad at him!" I tried to control my rage. "Why does he have to be here? Don't tell me it's just because of that damned show tomorrow."

"It's not that..." Hyejoo shook her head, defending him.

"Then what?" She wouldn't answer so I gently rubbed her hand off my arm. "In case it's still not very clear to you Hyejoo ya, I really really really hate my father. I prefer not to see him, because it makes  hate him more if I do."

I walked out of our house, heading nowhere. It's still 7pm, so I decided to walk all the way to Jaehee's mother's diner. It's a long walk, and I prayed that I'll arrive there before it closes. A drink can suffice, after all that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter