Bickering, Teasing...and some flirting?

Hidden Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica looked down at the floor from her seat in the chair as she finished with her story. 'Don't cry...don't cry' Sica told herself. Losing 8 sisters was not the end of the world...she blinked away a tear before it rolled down her face. Kris was still looking at her and he cleared his throat and looked away, slipping his hands into his pocket. 

"Leaving a group is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do..But I can't imagine getting kicked out and leaving behind people you love." Kris's voice echoed throughout the room as looked back at her. "I can't really offer any advice to erase those memories you have, but I can say that whatever happens, just live life happily and with a smille on your face. A smile is the best way to indirectly slap Youngmin in the face....... plus you look so much better with a smile on your face" Kris chuckled and winked playfully at her. Was this his way of cheering her up?

"Did you just insult me with a compliment?" Jessica laughed and shook her head. She felt a lot better now that she released all the sad memories from her mind. She wiped her face to get rid of any evidence of tears and smiled and stood up from where she was sitting. 

"Well, thanks for listening to my life drama" she grinned and tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "But its already 2am and I've got a long way home."

"No problem. I'm actually a great listener when I want to be" Kris walked up to her and nodded his head, with a smile on his face. "Let me at least walk you out, since I'm leaving as well. I heard this place was haunted, don't want you to get scared" He as he started walking out of the room. 

"Really? I'm sure the ghosts would just leave me alone if I stared at them with my cold expression" Sica laughed and followed after Kris, as they walked out of the building. 

"So where's your car parked? Mine's just around the corner" Kris pointed to the left side of the building and glanced at her. 

"Um..well I was actually just going to take the taxi home" She shrugged and met his glance, his face giving her a judging expression.

"Really Jess? A taxi at this hour? You want to die a horrible death? Just follow me, I'll take you home, dummy" he started walking towards his car, laughing quietly to himself.

"Hey!! A horrible death? Since when have taxi's been the cause of death? Jeez, so morbid of you. Pfft!" Sica resisted the urge to kick his long legs as they reached his car. "And also, just cause I expressed some frustration over my departure of snsd to you does not mean we are close. So don't call me Jess" Sica crossed her arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter