Are you dating Tyler Kwon?

Hidden Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(iMessage)

Kris: Why do I feel like we were caught red-handed? We didn't even do anything wrong!

Kris: Btw, are you really dating Tyler?

Along with the text message, Kris had sent a link to an article that basically said that they were dating behind Tyler Kwon's back. Jessica didn't know what to do with herself anymore. This was going to give people a reason to hate her even more. She couldn't take any more slander, even if she herself knew it wasn't true. Hot tears burned behind her eyes as she continued to stare at her phone, wondering what to reply. After a few moments, she composed herself and typed out a response to Kris then hit send without another thought. 

(iMessage)

Jessica: Ofc we didn't do anything wrong! Look- all we have to do is put out a statement saying we were just eating out as friends. Let's just say the truth! 

Jessica: And no, I'm not dating him. He's just a friend. 

She put her phone down on the bed and grabbed a pillow, placing it under her head for comfort. 'Don't freak out, it'll die down soon enough' she thought to herself. Jessica took several deep breaths until she felt herself become calm enough to give Tyler a call. She wasn't going to ignore his message from earlier. Reaching for her phone, she quickly found his name on her contacts and called him. It only rang twice before Tyler picked up. 

"Jess.... are you okay?" His concerned voice made Jessica feel weird... as if she actually DID cheat on him. Why did he have to be so caring towards her? 

"I'm fine now... don't worry about me!" She managed to say in a positive tone. "The journalists are just creating stories from pictures they took as usual. It's the same old, same old" She smiled at her own words. 

"Oh- so you aren't going out with Kris then?" There was a hint of relief in his voice as he replied. "Those journalists sure do know how to get people to read their articles." He continued with more of a frustrated tone this time. 

"Yeah...me and Kris are just friends." She replied in a reassuring voice. Her phone suddenly vibrated against her cheek as she was talking, signaling an incoming text. Jessica quickly put Tyler on speaker as she checked to see who had just texted her. It was Kris. 

"Well I'm glad to see you're alright and I just wanted to... check up on you....and- " His voice sounded as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter