Is this a date?

Hidden Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This place is so shady..." Sica whispered as Kris returned with their food. 

They had stopped at a small run down restaurant near the outskirts of a small city. The parking lot was only made up of three parking spaces that weren't even paved and the light outside the restaurant was flicking on and off even though its was barely noon. 'Thank goodness it's not nightime' thought Sica. The inside of the restaurant was a lot nicer though. 

"Pft, shady??" Kris chuckled softly as he set their tray of food down on the table and he sat down across from her in a chair that badly needed a pant job. 

"Nah, it just needs some work done. How can it be shady if it's run by a friendly looking grandma?" He grinned at Sica before pulling his chop sticks apart and quckly scooping up some noodles from his plate. 

"Well you never know.." Sica muttered before pulling her chop sticks apart and digging into the simple chicken noodle mein that Kris had ordered for them. He had kept with his promise to buy dinner so now she felt kind of guilty for making him pay. 'I'll treat him to dinner some other time' she thought while chewing on her nicely cooked noodles. 

"Is this considered a date?" Kris suddenly asked before taking another bite of the noodles. He leaned forward in his chair, looking across the table at Sica as she blinked her eyes at him blankly. He loved teasing her, and wanted to see how she would react to such a question. 

"A date?" Sica knew he was trying to get her all flustered and then end up teasing her about it later so she decided to play along. "Well, we're casually dressed, eating some delicious food, and it's just the two of us." She copied his pose by also leaning forward so the only thing seperating them was the distance of the table, which wasn't very big. She could see him slightly widen his eyes as she leaned forward, so Sica and winked at him before leaning back in her chair and taking a sip of her drink. 

"So yes, this would be a date." She grinned seeing how he had looked down awkwardly after she had winked at him.

"Yah, are you really that uncomfortable if this were to be a date?" She asked smugly, feeling happy that she was finally able to make him squirm uncomfortably. 

"No, it's just....would you really go on a date with me?" Kris slowly raised his gaze back to her. 

Jessica was half shocked at the question, mostly because he made it seem as if he was serious. Was he genuinely curious...?

"Um..I-" Just as she was about to honestly answer him, her phone started ringing. Sica quickly reached into her bag and pulled out her phone, answering it before placing it against her ear. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter