K.I.S.S.I.N.G

Fool

The day after the party night..

Sooyeon opened her eyes and saw Yul reading a book on a chair next to her bed. She felt a cool cloth on her forehead. A smile rose on her lips without knowing.

Now that she got to watch him closely, Yul was quite handsome and tall, too. But those were not the ones that attracted her. It was the care, the warmth and the love by which she was attracted. 

"Oh.. You're awake. Are you alright?" Yul put down the book and laid his hand on her forehead, putting the towel away. 

"I feel dizzy..and heavy." she replied like a child complaining. 

"The fever was so high last night. You fell asleep at the beach, remember?" Yul soaked the white towel in the water bowl and placed it on her forehead again.

"No." her eyebrows twitched.

"Well.. I carried you here and Sunny and Yoona looked after you the entire night. Hyoyeon, too often came up to check. I came here only this morning." Yul explained.

"So..are you feeling better?" said Yul. He was frustrated that they were alone in a closed room.

Babo.. Is that the only thing you have to say? , Sooyeon thought. 

"Yes. Can I get some water?"

"Oh.. You should take your medicine while you're at it." Yul grabbed some on the table. 

Sooyeon pouted and regretted that she asked for water. 

Anyway, she successfully swallowed the capsule and frowned at the bitter taste. 

"Here. Have this." Yul smiled and handed her a melon-flavoured sweet.

Sooyeon opened and greedily grasped the sweet to get rid of the bitterness. Then she frowned even more. 

She let out a small but high-pitched scream with tightly shut. 

"What? You don't like it?" Yul prepared his hand near so that she could spit it out. 

"Water!!!"

Yul ran out of the room to get water as there was no more in the bottle. 

Then he bumped into something at the door. 

"Aww.." it was Hyoyeon. 

"What are you doing in front of the door!"

"I- I didn't mean to eavesdrop you guys.. Sorry if I ruined it.." Hyoyeon said. He seemed guilty and playful at the same time. 

"What are you talking about!?" Yul ran down to the kitchen, not getting a thing.

*********

"Hahahaha! Hoho..this is so funny." Taeyeon laughed loudly while Yul sat beside him with a red face. 

"I know, right!? I heard a scream and Yul saying something like 'you like it' so I thought they were doing 'it'. Hahaha." Hyoyeon and Taeyeon continued laughing as Yul's face became redder and redder. 

"Yul's too shy to do it. At least not while they are just dating." Sooyoung added.

"Do you plan on marrying her?" Taeyeon asked. 

Yul looked at Taeyeon and smiled faintly. 

How I wish I could Taeyeon-ah. But I don't know If she wants to..

"By the way, what does she do?" Hyoyeon added another question. 

"No idea." Yul replied grinning. 

"Where did she come from?" Sooyoung questioned. 

Yul shrugged, expressing that he did not know. 

"Is she rich?" Taeyeon asked with a playful smile.

Yul shook his head yet again. 

"Man.. What do you know?" Hyoyeon groaned. 

"Her name. She hates cucumber, likes the mountain, sleeping, -"

"Her name. That's it." Hyoyeon interrupted, not wanting to hear further. 

"Are you crazy? What cha gonna do if she takes all your money and leaves?" Taeyeon said with much sarcasm. 

"What ya gonna do if she stabs you in the chest while you're sleeping and get away?" Taeyeon went on. 

"Die?" Yul teased his friend. 

"Babo.." Taeyeon threw him a pillow. They were at Yul's home.

"What are you gonna do if she has a boyfriend or even a husband?" Sooyoung said calmly.

"She doesn't." Yul replied while looking straight at Sooyoung.

"What are you gonna do if she is just using you for something or playing you while she visits here?" Sooyoung added more.

"She is not." Yul seemed pissed off.

"What are you gonna do if she goes back to where she belongs and leaves you forever?" the conversation got even more serious.

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon stared at Sooyoung and then at Yul, not taking a single breath. 

Yul suddenly looked weak and drained of all energy. 

After all, that was the question that had been on his mind the whole time.

"It. won't happen..." Yul felt as if he was lying to himself. 

"What if it does? Can you promise me you're going to be okay?" Taeyeon asked. He, too was very serious. 

Yul looked at him. He seemed like he was about to say something. 

"Oppa, I think my bike is broken!! Ah..I'm already so late." the familiar voice of Yoona was heard from the front yard.

"I'm coming." Yul got up and ran to the front yard.

I don't think I can promise you that, Taengoo-ah...

*********

Taeyeon lay down on Yul's bed with a thud.

"Argh...I hate this." he said in frustration. 

"Yul has gone already too deep. We need to do something." Sooyoung got up and walked around the room.

"Hey..come on. Why are you guys only thinking negative things? Sooyeon can actually be a good person, men!" Hyoyeon looked at the other two.

"But what if Yul goes back to when he was like 6, don't you remember!?" Sooyoung waved his hands in the air.

"Dang. I forgot that. But he's fine right now, isn't he?." said Hyoyeon.


"Sooyoung-ah." Taeyeon called out in a serious tone, making him turn around.

"Yul's very happy now. I mean..how long we haven't seen him like this? It's just now that Yul has came back to himself. Isn't all we need?"

Sooyoung sighed.

"Let him do what he wants. Let's just watch him a step behind instead of bothering him with things we're not even sure that will happen."

Sooyoung nodded. He felt guilty for saying such things to Yul.

"Guys.. We are being too serious now. Why not go to my inn and chill?" Hyoyeon hugged both Sooyoung and Taeyeon and got out.

*********

The next day...

Soo-yeon had her breakfast downstairs and ordered a cup of coffee.

She smiled when she remembered the time when Yul made the color of coffee turn blue. She loved it when Yul did his little magic tricks. It made her less stressful. 

"The breakfast is so good this morning. What did you do?" Sooyeon asked Hyoyeon who came to serve her coffee.

"Yul's back today. Didn't you know?"

"Back from what?" Sooyeon did not understand.

"You didn't know that!? Yul works here!" Hyoyeon was surprised.

"You gotta be kidding me. Then why didn't he work last week?" Sooyeon smirked, thinking Hyoyeon was joking. 

"You don't see the burn on his left hand!? How would he be able to work?"

"Really?.. I didn't notice." said Sooyeon. She couldn't recall seeing it on his hand. Maybe because Yul almost always wore long-sleeved shirts. 

"Seriously..what kind of couple are you?" Hyoyeon murmured.

"Where's he?" Sooyeon asked. She was so curious as she did not know Yul was a cook.

"In the kitchen, of course. Don't think about meeting him, miss. It's nearly lunch time and people are flowing in since they knew Yul's back." Hyoyeon said.

"So unfair. My cooking is good, too." Hyoyeon pouted.

"So..you are owner, manager, cleaner and chef here?" said Sooyeon. She felt ridiculous. 

"I do laundry, too." Hyoyeon said proudly.

"Isn't it tiring?" Sooyeon asked while frowning.

"No. I mean..a little sometimes. I wish I had a manager, though. Hey! If you work here, I'll let you live for free."

"Hmm.."

Not bad.., Sooyeon thought.

"I'll think about it." she got up. 

"I'm going here and there. Will be back after lunch time." she left the inn. 

*********

She turned left and walked until she saw a small supermarket that looked like a grocery shop. Taeyeon waved at her from the inside as tge front side was all glass. 

Turning left again, she saw the mayor's house and Sunny's next to it. She stopped in front of the library and decided to go in. 

"Hi, unnie." Seohyun greeted her.

"Do you come here to read a book? I have all kinds of books here."

Sooyeon looked around the library, picked a few books and showed them to Seohyun. 

"Bye, unnie."

She went back to the inn to read the books but Yul was waiting for her at a table. 

She smiled and walked toward him. 

"Why didn't you tell me you cook here!?" Sooyeon pouted.

"You didn't ask." Yul smiled. 

"Pftt.."

"Yul" Sooyeon called out.

"Yes?"

"Cook me something."

"What do you want to eat?"

"I don't know. Something really tasty."

"Now?"

Sooyeon nodded and Yul went back into the kitchen. Later, he came back with a huge tray in his hand.

"What is this!? This is just an ordinary meal." she was disappointed. 

There were a steaming bowl of rice, kimchi, spicy looking soup and plates of meat and vegetables.

"Try first. I'll do another one if you don't like this. But it's the ordinary meal that's the most tasty and comfortable though." Yul sat down on the opposite side of Sooyeon. 

Sooyeon pouted and took a sip of the soup. The perfectly straight eyebrows of hers curved, showing that the taste was beyond the expectation.

She started tasting the rest of the dishes and all of them came out to be more delicious than most other ones you pay so much for at five-star hotels. And that shouldn't be an exaggeration to say so. 

"How is it?" Yul asked with a smile, seeing the girl eating non-stop. 

"Not bad."

Yul chuckled as he was amused by his stubborn girl. 

"More?" he asked upon seeing the almost empty rice bowl.

"Ummhmm."

"Don't eat too much, Sooyeon-ah. I want you to try my new dessert later."

*********

Today's December, 05, Yul's birthday. It had been a month since Sooyeon came to the town and now she was the newest member of the group.

Sooyeon had become closer with Yul's friends as well as the other people in town since she was helping as a manager at Hyoyeon's inn. And she was loved by everyone, as if she was an original member from the start. 

After staying at Yul and Yoona's house the whole day, playing games, cooking, eating and joking around. They came out to the beach again at around 6 to throw a barbecue party.

"Hey!! You look like a witch wearing that hat." Taeyeon shouted and laughed. 

"Say it again and I'll stab you." Sooyeon waved the knife she was holding near Taeyeon's face.

"Yul!!! She's killing me." Taeyeon ran around screaming. 

"Aigoo..he's like asking a fireman for help when he's drowning." Sooyoung said when Yul just smiled. 

Meanwhile on the shore,

"Ahh!!!!!!" Yoona shouted.

"Unnie, it's the crab that you like so much. What are you so scared of?" laughed Seohyun. 

Yoona was still running away from the crab on the beach.

Sooyeon went near them to check what was scaring Yoona. 

"Ahh!!!!" she, too, screamed and  ran along with Yoona. 

Sunny who realized the situation, picked up the poor frightened crab, relying on her thick gloves, and scared the girls away. 

Seohyun remained on the shore laughing while Yoona hid behind her brother. 

"I'm coming I'm coming." Sunny chased Yoona.

"Oppa!"

"What's happeni- ahh!!!" Tiffany just now noticed the crab and started running around. She just left whatever she was doing. 

The whole beach was a mess. 

"Don't worry, Miyoung-ah. Your hero is here for you!" Taeyeon interrupted with a dorky face.

"Eww..disgusting." Hyoyeon irritated Taeyeon and the two started wrestling on the sand. 

"Everyone! The food is ready. So stop playing around or I'll eat it all." Yul announced. 

The other 8 immediately stopped whatever they were doing and dashed to the fire. 

"Yul. Coke." said Sooyeon. 

Shouts filled the beach when Yul poured in some and handed to her.

"Yul. Water."

"Yul. Sprite."

"Yul. Meat."

"Yul. Massage me."

Yul laughed hard at his friends and continued grilling his meat. 

"Pfft..well okay. You've found someone to treasure more than us." said Hyoyeon.

"Yeah..isn't it amazing how a month could win over a lifetime of friendship." Taeyeon added, making Sooyeon blush. 

Yul felt sorry but didn't know what to say so he just handed Taeyeon the meat he was grilling. 

"Aigoo. You dumb dumb." Hyoyeon ruffled his hair.

"Ahh!!" Yoona shouted. 

"What is it again?" Hyoyeon pressed his lips. 

"Hehe. Nothing. I thought Fany unnie's shoelace was the crab." Yoona smiled sheepishly. 

*********

After the eating session,

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday dorky Kwon Yul~ Happy birthday to you!" everyone sang the song and Sooyeon came out with a cake from behind the crowd. 

They all blew out the candles before Yul could and laughed. 

"1, 2, 3!!!!" Hyoyeon counted and the boys carried Yul in bridal style to the ocean. 

They all threw him into the sea and then started betraying each other. 

It was so noisy with screams, shouts and laughters on the shore. Everyone was soaking wet. 

Sooyeon was having so much fun before someone drew her into the water. She couldn't stop laughing. 

After playing for minutes, they went back to the inner shore and recharged themselves. 

Yul and Sooyeon were sitting together on a rock. The others were too busy playing with themselves to noticed the two. 

"Happy birthday, Yul."

"Thank you."

"Close your eyes. I'll give you my birthday present."

Yul did as he was said and received a light kiss from the girl.

"How can you fall for such an old trick?" she bumped her head with Yul's and giggled. 

"Now for real. Close your eyes."

She put a metallic grey locket in his hand and sat face to face with Yul. She was enthusiastic. 

"Open it!" 

Yul opened the locket and saw a pink leaf. 

"Wait. This is.."

"Yes! That leaf I got from you on the day we first met!"

"Oh.. Thank you." Yul was astonished. 

"There's a picture, too." 

There were two sides when the locket was opened. The left side contained the picture of the two smiling heartily with Sooyeon's head on Yul's shoulder and the right side Sooyeon smiling prettily alone. The background was the mountain for both pictures.

"When did you make all these?"

"I asked Yoongie for help of course." 

"I don't even remember taking photos."

"You thought I was fooling around when I took it with my phone. But I took it for real. On our second date at the mountain, remember?" she had a victory smile.

Sooyeon was satisfied at the sight of Yul caressing the locket gently and affectionately.

"Get a chain and wear it." she ordered.

"Thank you. I'll take good care of it." Yul nodded with a smile. He was happy for the thoughtful gift. 

"Is that all?" Sooyeon pouted. 

Not understanding what she said, Yul looked blankly at the girl. 

Babo, thought Sooyeon. 

Yes, you want her 
Look at her, you know you do 
It’s possible she wants you, too 
There is one way to ask her 
It don’t take a word 
Not a single word 
Go on and kiss the girl.

They both blushed and turned to look where the sound came. Yul was like you-again as he thought Taeng, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were teasing him a little too much.

It was indeed them. But they were obviously not teasing at him since they were just singing by themselves.

And again, the blowing wind carried the song to the couple. 

Sha-la-la-la-la-la 
My, oh, my 
Look at the boy too shy 
He ain’t gonna kiss the girl 
Sha-la-la-la-la-la 
Ain’t that sad 
Ain’t it shame, too bad 
You gonna miss the girl. 

Sooyeon threw her head back and burst out laughing upon hearing the lyrics, indirectly teasing Yul.

But Yul was falling so hard for the girl in front of him that he didn't remember to blush.

Sooyeon was astonished to see her man staring at her so lovingly and stopped laughing. 

To her surprise, Yul pulled her in for a kiss for the first time in forever. He even caressed her cheek and supported the back of her head while they shared that perfect, nice kiss. 

The light of the sun, 90 million miles away from the earth, was reflected in the moon, 200 thousand miles away from the earth, and the reflected light from the moon in turn reflected in the surface of the sea. That way, the dazzling sunlight glowed before Yul's eyes and made the night beautiful.

*********