Beginning

In Time with You

Your POV~

Waiting for Luhan at the library felt a little strange. You were nervous, but also quite excited to have a tutor for Chinese, beause let's face it, the class just isn't the most exciting thing in the world. You were waiting by the entrance because Luhan didn't really specify a specific spot in the library to meet. It was 6:00pm, but there was no sign of Luhan yet. 

Looking around, you saw a lot of people go in groups ready to study or work on projects together. Most of the people would just give you a weird look because you were alone standing by the door. By 6:30, Luhan still hadn't arrived. Maybe something came up and he's not coming. You think to yourself, while debating whether or not to just leave. Just as you walked out of the library about to go home, you see a person wearing a beanie and a face mask run up to you. 

Panting, he takes off his face mask. "Sorry, I'm late" Luhan says in between his breaths. "I went home to shower after soccer, but some fan girls got in the way, so it took longer than I expected."

"That's ok, I figured you had a reason. I just wasn't sure if you were still coming" You reply. "I mean, being a celebrity and all, I know you're probably busy most of the time"

Luhan laughs. "Even if I wasn't going to study anymore, I still would've came to the library to tell you. You didn't think I was unreliable enough to not show up did you?" Luhan grins. "Oh, let's go and find a study room before they're all taken."

You follow Luhan to the fourth floor of the library. There were a lot of students on their laptops and reading in the shared area. There were also a lot of private study rooms for group work. You and Luhan finally find an open one, and settle in.

The room was quite small and there was just one table with four chairs. You sit in one and begin taking your books out of your backpack. 

Luhan sits down right next to you, and the first thing you notice is how nice he smells. It's not like you were purposely trying to smell him, but it's rare to find guys who just naturally smell so pleasant. It wasn't a perfume or deodorant smell either, it was just Luhan's own clean and natural scent. 

"So where should we start?" Luhan says suddenly, snapping you out of your thoughts. You feel a little embarrassed that you were subconciously just focused on how Luhan smelled for a good few minutes. 

"Oh, ummm..we can start with English first" You say, looking at Luhan. He nods and takes out his English book. 

The studying went on for about 2 hours, before Luhan suggests taking a break. 

"Your Chinese is actually really good." He says. 

"Your English is-" You begin to say before Luhan interrupts you.

"No, no. My English is at best beginner level." He says, shaking his hands.

You begin to laugh. "You thought I was going to complement your English?" You say playfully. 

Luhan blushes a little. "I blame it on the fans. They complement everything I do, even if it's not that great, so it was a natural reaction." He says a little embarrased. 

"Haha, no I'm just kidding. Your English is getting there. Plus, you already know Korean, so you're ahead of me when it comes to languages anyways." You say.

Luhan smiles and leans back in his chair stretching. When he stretches his arm out, his shirt lifts a little. You notice he has nice abs. Embarrassed that you subconciously looked there, you quickly turn away. What the hell am I doing? You mentally scold yourself.

"So, since we're language buddies now. I think we need a good way to contact each other." Luhan says. You turn to look at Luhan, and see that he's looking at you with a smile, waiting for your reply.

"Oh, uh. By phone?" You ask, a little uncertain if Luhan would actually suggest exchanging phone numbers. 

"What else?" He says laughing a little. 

After you exchange phone numbers, you guys decide that you've studied enough for today. Walking out of the library, you see that the sky is already quite dark. 

"I'm guessing you take the bus?" Luhan asks.

"Yeah, it only takes 20 minutes." You reply looking to see if the bus had arrived yet.

Luhan nodds. "It's kind of late. How about I drive you home?" He suggests.

"Oh no, it's ok. I can just-" You begin to say, but Luhan interrupts.

"It'll take a fraction of the time, and it'll make me feel better knowing you got home safely." Luhan says. 

Not sure how to respond to that, you just decide to agree to let him take you home. 

 

Luhan's POV~

 

As I was driving, Xiu Yan was just silently sitting in the passenger seat. 

"So you live alone?" I ask, wondering how lonely that must be. It was always extremely lively back when I used to room with the EXO members. I can't imagine living alone. 

"Yeah, I'm getting used to it though." She replies. "Oh, turn left here."

I follow her instructions, and look around at the neighborhood she lived in. It wasn't exactly the safest looking place in Beijing. 

"It's that one" She says, pointing at a small broken down looking building. "Sorry it looks so horrible, I'm just living here temporarily until another apartment opens up."

I nod, still staring at the building, uncertain how safe it was. 

Xiu Yan waves goodbye and thanks me for the ride. After saying goodbye to her, I watch as she opens the door and goes in before driving off. 

Finding an apartment in Beijing is not an easy task. There are so many people, that it takes months of waiting before a place opens up, and even then there could be people waitlisted in front of you. And since Xiu Yan is not a full time student, I guess she can't live in the dorms, which aren't exactly nice either. But at least they are safe...I wish I could help her somehow...

 

....

 

"You and Xiu Yan are language partners now?!" Jun Kai exclaims the next day, when I tell him. He gives me a sly look.

"Stop making it such a big deal. We're not what you think, and it's not going to happen the way you think it is. You should know me better than that." I say, trying to calm him down. He was getting way too excited over nothing. 

"Dude, this is the first time you've actively befriended a girl. Think about it. Normally it's the other way around. How could I not be excited over this?" He says. 

"What are you talking about? I've actively befriended girls before." I say defensively.

"Yeah, but that was before you became EXO's Luhan." He replies. "You even drove her home. Now that's really a first."

"It was late ok? It was my responsibility to make sure she-" I say, but Jun Kai interrupts me. 

"Yea yea, make sure she gets home safely. But come on, just admit you feel a little something something. How many other girls would you do that to?" Jun Kai nudges me a little. 

"Ummmm, every girl who was a friend and in potential danger." I reply. "And for the last time, I don't see her that way."

"Sure you don't" He says holding in a laugh. I rolls my eyes. 

Before I can say anything else to convince Jun Kai that he's thinking ahead too much, my phone rings. I take it out, and see that it's my manager calling.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Luhan! Great news! You've got a new deal with Baidu!" He says excitedly over the phone. "We can talk about it later. But this is big, real big."

"Ummm, ok" I reply, not sure what kind of deal this could be. 

"I'm busy now, but we'll discuss this more later." He says before hanging up.

 

...