EXO

In Time with You

 

Your POV~

When you get off the plane, you see all of the people picking up family members at the airport. There also was an unusually large amount of teenage girls screaming in high pitched tones and holding signs that had Korean words on them. You were able to read the English on a bunch of their signs that said “EXO”. Unsure of what that was, you shrug and begin to look around for your uncle and cousin.  You noticed the screams becoming extra loud when a crowd of bodyguards walk out surrounding what looked like a group of 8…9…10? well-dressed Asian guys, with smooth white skin and pretty faces. Must be celebrities of some sort. You think to yourself.

Finally, when the crowd left to chase after the group of boys with their bodyguards, you were finally able to see a man holding a sign with your name written on it in Chinese characters. A girl who looked about your age was standing next to him. That must be them.

“Xiu Yan?” The girl says when you walk up to them.

“Uhh, Jue Xin?” You say, a little nervous.

The girl nods. “Wow, we finally meet” She exclaims happily.

“Wow, you’ve grown up so much! Last time I saw you, you were still this tall.” Your uncle says excitedly. He was clearly extremely happy to see you as well.

You follow your uncle and cousin to their car in the airport parking lot. They were going to take you out to eat, knowing that you were probably hungry because airplane food is not exactly the tastiest thing on the planet.

“So what kind of celebrities were those guys back at the airport?” You ask out of curiosity while in the car.

Jue Xin’s eyes widen. “You mean you don’t know EXO? Have you been living under a rock?” She says, surprised.

“Xiu Yan’s from America, they have their own celebrities.” Your uncle says.

“Well, I’m not really a fan of celebrities and stuff. It just seemed pretty crazy back at the airport.” You reply.

“EXO is a really popular Korean-Chinese boyband. They’re known for their looks and talent.” Jue Xin explains.

“As you can probably tell, Jue Xin is really into stuff like that” Your uncle says with a smile.

“I see.” You nod.

“I’m not even that big of a fan. I just know them because they are super popular.” Jue Xin says a little defensively. “Plus, two members already left, and one of them goes to Beijing University now”

“Really? A celebrity attending university?” You ask a little surprised at how that could work out, especially with so many fangirls.

“Yeah, his name is Luhan. He was the most popular EXO member in China, but because of mistreatment by SM, the Korean entertainment company that he was under, he left the group. It was super crazy at first because everywhere he went a hoard of fangirls would just follow him around. But ever since the university director stopped allowing non-university students to be on campus, it’s gotten a lot better. Of course, he still has quite a few university fangirls, but they aren’t AS crazy.” Jue Xin explains. “But yeah, he’s getting his MBA, so he can eventually be the CEO of some company he’s endorsing.”

“Wow, you seem to know quite a lot about him” You comment.

“Well, like I said, he’s the most popular member in China. I have friends who are die hard fans of him, and he’s been in the news a lot, so I know the basics.” Jue Xin says. “And he’s in my marketing class, so I heard some stuff during his introduction. But he really doesn’t talk very much otherwise.”

“We’re here!” Your uncle says when you guys finally make it to the restaurant.

You look out the car window and see a restaurant with a crowd of people gathered outside. They seemed to be pushing and shoving each other to get inside. "Wow, there's so many people." You exclaim in awe. "Are restaurants in China always this crowded?"

"Ummm, normally they aren't THIS many people. Hmmm, I wonder what's going on" You uncle says while trying to find a place to park. 

"Oh, I know what's going on. Look at the people there, they're all girls with their phones out. One of them is even wearing a Wolf 88 sweatshirt. EXO must be eating in there." Jue Xin says, pointing at the crowd. 

"Well, we reserved a spot, so their better still be room in there" Your uncle says, while finally swerving into a parking spot right before the car in front could get to it.

When the three of you start walking past the crowd to get to the entrance of the restaurant, a fangirl blocks you. She was wearing an EXO beanie and a shirt that said "Kai" on the front.

"Hold it right there, I need to see your EXO-L membership cards before I can allow to to get any closer to the building" She says. "I'm the leader of one of the largest EXO fanclubs, so I'm here to faciliate the activity here." She says proudly, as if her job was the biggest deal ever.  

"We're just here to eat, not to see EXO. None of us are members of EXO-L, so just let us through." Jue Xin says, a little annoyed at her.

"That's what they all say just to get closer" The fangirl replies with a smirk. 

Before Jue Xin could reply, your uncle butts in.

"Look here, if you think I'm here to drool over EXO, you'd better think again" Your uncle says. "We have reservations, and I don't think the restaurant owners would be too happy if they knew you guys we're driving away customers."

That comment from your uncle immediately wiped off the smirk on the fangirl's face, and she finally let you guys pass.  

Jue Xin laughs. "Nice one dad, she totally deserved that." She says. 

"Hey, I'm a hungary man right now. Nothing can stand between me and the best Peking duck in all of Beijing" He says. 

Inside, the restaurant was less crowded. Most of the fans were just outside trying to take pictures through the window. You look and see that, indeed, the group of boys from EXO was sitting at a large table at the center of the restaurant. They looked like they were having a really good time, one tall guy was telling jokes in Korean to another guy who was shorter. Another guy who had very distinctive dark eye circles and black hair was teaching the others how to eat the Peking duck with the wrap. 

"My friends would be so jealous if they knew I was eating at the same restaurant as EXO" Jue Xin whispers in your ear. "It would be a shame if I didn't even attempt to get their autographs for them."

"Yeah, go for it" You say encouragingly. 

"Actually, can you do it?" Jue Xin says. "I don't know if I have the guts to do it. Even though I'm not a hard core fan, I still liked them at one point. Please?"

"Uhh, sure I guess" You reply. "From all of them?"

"Just the two Chinese members" Jue Xin says. "Tao, the one standing up and grabbing food right now, and Lay, the one sitting to the left of the tallest guy."

You look over, making sure that you know which of the two members you were supposed to ask, and walk over. 

"Ummm, sorry to interrupt your meal, but can I have your autograph?" You say to the person who Jue Xin told you was Tao. Just then he looks up at you with a smile. 

"Sure" He pulls out a pen and begins to sign the card Jue Xin gave you. After Tao signs the card, you walk over to ask Lay, or so you thought. 

"Uhh, Lay, can you sign too?" You ask. The boy looks up at you confused. You notice that he was really good looking up close.

"Lay-ssi?" He then points to the other guy sitting across from him. 

Dang it, I asked the wrong person. That was so dumb. You mentally scold yourself. 

After finally finding the right Lay, you walk back to your table. 

Jue Xin starts to laugh. "I can't believe you walked up to Sehun thinking he was Lay. They must know that you're not really a fan by now."

"I got confused, they all kind of have the same look." You reply. 

"Food's here!" You uncle says. "Finally, time to start getting a taste of real authentic Chinese food, Xiu Yan. You will be blown away." He smiles.