Luhan

In Time with You

Your POV~

 

It was finally the first day of school, and you had already moved into your apartment over the weekend. Living alone was really strange because even back in college in the States, you at least had one other roommate. Jue Xin was still an undergraduate student, so she had to live in the dorms.

The only class you were taking at Beijing University was Chinese, so there was nothing you were really stressed about. The new job at Baidu wasn’t going to start until 2 weeks into the semester.

As you were sitting in class, being the sort of loner you were, you looked around to see that everyone else seemed to just be chatting away. You overhear a group of girls behind you speaking in Korean, which of course you couldn’t understand, but you could’ve sworn you heard the name Luhan, or something.

When the professor walked in, the room immediately went silent.

“Welcome to Chinese 301, this is the accelerated class for those who already know the basics. We will be moving very quickly through the material, so be prepared to learn advanced Chinese.” The professor says.

 

….

 

After class, as you were exiting the Chinese classroom, one of the Korean girls who was sitting behind you, bumps into you and the books you were holding all fall to the ground.

“Sorry” She says insincerely and walks away.

You bend over to slowly pick up your books, and head outside to study. The weather was really nice today, so you decide to look for a spot under a tree.

As your walking, you notice a lot of girls gathered around the soccer field watching a group of boys play soccer. Unable to contain your curiosity, you walk over to see how good the soccer match was, that all the girls were screaming and had their phones out to take pictures.

“LUHAN!!”

“Xiao Lu!!”

“Lu ge!!!”

You hear all the screams as you get closer. Oh so it must be the Luhan Jue Xin told me about whose playing. No wonder. You think to yourself.

You walk closer to the soccer field to see what this famous Luhan looks like. At first it was hard to tell which of the boys running around on the field was Luhan, but then you notice a thin, pale skinned boy with dark brown hair stop running and wave at the fangirls, who just screamed even louder when he did that. He was cute, but not exactly the handsome type that you had imagined. You could tell he was really good at soccer though. He moved much quicker than the other guys, and he had quite a few trick moves under his belt.

After you had enough of crowding around with the fan girls. You walk to the nearest tree, and begin to read over the Chinese you had just learned in class. If only my reading and writing characters was already good. You think as you sigh and study.

An hour later, all the fangirls and most of the guys playing soccer had to go back to class. The lunch break was over, but you didn’t have any more classes so you just sat under the tree reading.

Just as you were really focused, you hear someone scream “watch out!”. But before you could react a soccer ball hits you in the head.

“Oww” You say while rubbing your head. I guess this is what I get for sitting next to the soccer field.

“I’m so sorry. Are you ok?” A smooth voice says in a very concerned tone.

You look up to see a familiar face looking down at you. It’s Luhan.

“Umm, yeah, I’m fine” You reply, but he still looks concerned.

“Are you sure?” Luhan asks. “I can take you to the nurse. It’s really--”

“No, really, I’m ok” You interrupt him and smile at him a little awkwardly. This was a weird situation, and you weren’t quite sure how to react to a celebrity you didn’t really know.

Still not convinced, Luhan sits down right in front of you, looking at the spot the soccer ball hit your forehead. It was quite red, and you could even feel the bump rising.  It probably looked pretty bad, and that was probably why he couldn’t just walk away. 

“It’s not because you’re worried about missing class that you won’t go to the nurse is it?” Luhan asks. “Because, health comes first.”

You shake your head. “I only have one class here.” You reply. “And really, I’m fine. This will be gone by tomorrow” You say, referring to the bump on your forehead.

“Only one class?” He says a little surprised. He peeks over at the Chinese book you were reading. “Oh, your not Chinese?” He asks, thinking that you were a foreigner still learning Chinese.

You smile. “No, I am. But I grew up in America, so I’m still learning how to read and write.”

“Oh” Luhan nods. “I’m in the business department. And, by the way, my name is Luhan.” He adds.

You nod. “I’ve heard about you from my cousin. I’m Xiu Yan” You reply. You notice Luhan’s face turning a little pink.

“Oh, hehe” He laughs a little. “So are you just in China for learning Chinese?” He asks curiously.

“Well, I’m also a software engineer intern for Baidu” You reply. Luhan’s face lights up in amazement.

“Wow, you must be really skilled then” He comments.

“Haha, I’m ok. It’s not really that amazing” You say.

Just then, you hear a group of girls screaming Luhan’s name again. He immediately stands up.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you around then” He smiles and runs back to the soccer field.

 


 

 

The next day in Chinese class, the group of Korean girls who were sitting behind you, walk up to your desk with their arms crossed.

“Why were you all over Luhan yesterday?” The girl who bumped into you the other day asks, looking at you as if you were something disgusting.

“What are you talking about?” You ask confused.

“Stop playing games with me. I saw you two talking under the tree.” She glares at you.

“Oh, that was an accident. I don’t even know him” You say, trying not to work her up even more.

She looks like she was about to say more, but the girl next to her tries to calm her down.

“Soo Jung, don’t bother. She clearly doesn’t know Luhan, and Luhan obviously doesn’t care about girls like her.” The other girl next to her says.

The professor walks in, and another class begins.

 

..

 

After class, you decide to explore the Beijing University campus. You were meeting Jue Xin for lunch today, so you decided to just walk around until then. You finally find the building that all the business classes were held at, and decided to wait until Jue Xin’s class was over.

It was not long before a bunch of students started to walk out of the building.  Well, I guess that means class must be over. You think to yourself.

Finally, out of the group of people you see Jue Xin waving and walking over to you. You also see, Luhan with his group of guy friends walking out too. When he sees you, and you guys temporarily make eye contact, he waves at you. Then you notice his guy friends turning and checking you out. They then turn back to Luhan and start teasing him about having a girl, and Luhan trying very hard to deny it.

You feel a little embarrassed. Jue Xin say Luhan’s wave too, and was a little shocked as well.

“Whoa, hold on. You met Luhan already?!” She asks, impressed. “I thought you said you weren’t a fan.”

“I’m not” You quickly reply. “It was an accident.” Then you proceed to explain the events that happened.

“Oh” Jue Xin says. “Well, that’s called fate then”

“What are you talking about?” You say brushing it off. “It was one time. It’s not like I’ll ever have another reason to talk to him again. Plus, his fangirls are vicious.”

Jue Xin laughs. “That’s true. It’s best to stay as far away as possible from his fangirls. But isn’t it strange that he would wave at you like that? Luhan doesn’t pay attention to any individual girl. He just treats everyone as a fan and keeps his distance. ” Jue Xin begins to think.

“Well, it’s probably because I’m not a fan. He’s just treating me like a normal person.” You reason. “Plus, he was the one who kicked a soccer ball at me.”

“Yeah, that could be it. But still…” Jue Xin says trailing off. “Anyways, I’ve got to show you around Beijing! At this rate, you won’t be able to experience everything you need to try!”