Jungkook

Waking Up With BTS

    Sometimes, life gives you a break, almost as if it knows just exactly what you're going through and grants you some rest. Today is one of those days. There's no need for an alarm clock to get up early or for hurried multitasking on the premise of running late. 
    On this rare, calm Saturday morning, you're sleeping in late on top of soft sheets next to Jungkook, who is resting from an exhausting night of promotions and work.Though you're asleep, you instinctively move toward his comforting warmth. He does the same and soon enough, he's got his arms around you, his head tucked into the crook of your neck.You wake to his inviting scent and allow yourself to take in the sight of him. 
    Just seeing him makes you smile- you note momentarily how perfectly you curl into each other, how his arms lock just right around your waist. Pushing his hair away from his face, you kiss his forehead lightly. He stirs and awakens to your smiling face and he smiles back in turn.
    "When did you get here?" you ask. You distinctly remember getting into bed alone the previous night.
    "Yoongi-hyung dropped me off around midnight after we finished practice. Your parents let me in." Jungkook has been your best friend for over ten years and your parents love him like he's their own child so it's not surprising that they'd let him in so late. You know that your mother not-so-secretly brags to her friends that my daughter is Jeon Jungkook's best friend- you know, the K-Pop idol? They've been friends for so long, they might just get married someday.
    You wouldn't be surprised if Kookie's first scandal would be caused by your mother. "You really have to stop coming here so late at night. What if you get spotted? That could ruin your reputation forever," you scold him, though he knows you don't mean it.
    "Come on, I used to stay over all the time," he says, trying to be reassuring and you sigh. 
    "Yeah, that was when we were kids. Before everyone knew your name." He levels his gaze with yours for a moment before leaning in and kissing your lips. 
    "I don't care how many people know my name. It doesn't matter. I'm not gonna stop living my life just because people know me, especially when it comes down to the people that are important to me." Tears well up in your eyes, just a bit, and he pinches your cheek. "Aww are you gonna cry?" he asks, teasingly.
    "No," you snap defiantly, wiping your eyes and pushing him away. His laughter fills the room and you turn away, cheeks flushed with embarrassment. He hugs you from behind, still chuckling as he kisses your cheek.
    "I.." He wants to say I love you, but he's still young and doesn't know what love really is just yet and he knows that if he does say it, you'll probably freak out- or worse, not believe that he means it even if he thinks he does. He fumbles for the right words and finally just speaks from his heart and not his head. "I've been your best friend for this long and I'm not gonna stop being your best friend, ever. I promise. I'm not going to stop seeing you just because other people see me see you and I won't ever leave. Even if..." he forces the lump in his throat to stay down. "Even if things aren't exactly like this in the future."
    His words aren't the clearest and he isn't the most articulate but you know what he means by this. This means you and him. This means you being his girlfriend and him being your boyfriend. This means the hope of really really falling in love- whatever it is- and staying in love and maybe even fulfilling your mother's dream of marrying him someday.
    "It's hard to make lifetime promises," you say, "but we can try." You hold out your pinky to him and he links his own with yours. "We won't leave each other, ever. Promise?"
    He smiles and pulls you forward, pressing his lips to yours. "Promise."

~7/7~