Jimin

Waking Up With BTS

    You're not sure how you're managing being in a relationship with someone who is simultaneously your best friend and a famous idol, but you're doing pretty damn well, if you do say so yourself. Park Jimin has been your best friend ever since he hugged you in kindergarten and you pushed him flat on his because you thought boys were icky; now when he hugs you, you hold on for dear life. 

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

    That being said, you do it because he doesn't get to hug you very often anymore what with you being at college and him promoting all the time. You're both young and fresh and you have your whole lives ahead of you, the plans of your future spilling out of your mouths and painting the black sky on the nights that he sneaks out to be with you.
    "It doesn't matter if we ever get caught by Dispatch or something," he'd said to you one night as you lay under the stars on an old blanket in the grass.
    "How could it not matter? A dating scandal could ruin your career." You had said it because you knew he loved dancing and singing. You'd said it because you didn't yet know just how much he loved you
     Jimin scoffed. "Dating scandal," he'd said, the words dripping with disgust. He rolled over on his side to face you, looking into your eyes and brushing your hair away from your face. "You're not a scandal. You're my best friend, my girlfriend. If we ever get caught, I won't hesitate to tell the public that you're mine." His words drove deep into your heart of hearts and he kissed you in the moonlight with all the love his eighteen year old self could give.

 *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

    Around a year has passed since then and he still has yet to be caught by Dispatch, though his hyungs and dongsaengs already know. Namjoon and Yoongi constantly threaten to kill him if word gets out while Hobi and Seokjin assume the "protect young love" position and tell him that whatever happens, everything will be okay. But they like you, and that's good. You can rest easy at night knowing that if somehow the two of you get discovered, the most important people are on your side.

    The smell of cologne fills your senses, a wonderfully familiar scent that you can't help but inhale like it's the last breath of air you'll ever breathe. You snuggle into the warm mass of heat that is holding you, still half asleep and loving the feeling of the breeze and sunlight from the open window on your face and you don't remember even opening the window last night...
    Now you're awake and a slight panic hits you because who the hell is in your dorm? You take a deep breath and realize that you know exactly who it is. Because only one person you know smells like Guilty by Gucci and would pop open your window just so he could come visit and hold you in his arms while he sleeps. You sit up and reach for your glasses, shoving them onto your face and oh yup, look, it's Jimin. 
    He's not wearing a shirt and damn is it distracting because years and years of dancing has done marvelous things to his body. Shaking yourself out of it, you poke him in the side until he wakes up, bleary eyed and obviously still half asleep, but still smiling. "Park Jimin, explain yourself," you say, crossing your arms over your chest. He chuckles, a low, sleepy, delicious sound that comes from the back of his throat and has you screaming inside.
    "I'm pretty sure everything is self-explanatory," he says, gesturing to the window.
    You roll your eyes. "I know, but... Why are you here? Don't you have a schedule?" He smiles and the sun may be bright but the radiance of his face is brighter.
    "We don't have a schedule today so I came over to surprise you," he tells you, a triumphant grin on his face.
    "Dispatch could have followed you! For all we know, they could be printing articles about you sneaking around at night and getting into this place through a window! If we get caught- Mmph!" Jimin grabs you by the waist and kisses you, cutting you off until you stop trying to speak altogether.
    "If Dispatch followed me and caught me sneaking into your window, I'll call them up and give them an exclusive myself. They'll write me off as a nineteen year old kid who went to see his best-friend-slash-girlfriend and when the backlash and hate happen, I'll protect you." He pulls you down so that you're on top of him, head tucked under his chin, his arms wrapped around your waist.
    You hold onto him, eyes beginning to tear up at his words. "Would you really do that?" you ask quietly and he your hair with a smile.
    "Of course. I would do anything to protect the love of my life." 
    Now you're crying as well as drowning in his grease. "The love of your life?" you question and he rolls so that now you're pinned underneath him.
    "Yes, the love of my life." You're silent and he rolls his eyes. "You, stupid," he says and you smile.
    "I know. I just wanted to hear you say it." He laughs and kisses you deeply and you're losing all sense of time and space and air and all you know is, you're drowning in love.

 

~5/7~