J-Hope

Waking Up With BTS

    Light shines from his pure, beautiful smile, his demeanor always equivalent to chicken noodle soup on a cold day- warm and welcoming, filling you up with comfort. He rises with the sun while you chase the moon and, on this particular morning, he allows you to follow its trail for just a bit longer before waking you up to join him in his world of radiance. Your hair, long and soft, is splayed out all over the pillow and your face and he gently pushes back the strands that hide your features. He your hair gently, affectionately, as he notes every detail of your face. His gaze traces the bridge of your nose, the curve of your lips, the soft line of your jaw. He presses his lips to your forehead lovingly and inhales your scent of rich lavender, arms wrapping around your waist to pull you into his embrace.

    You blink the sleep from your eyes and stretch. No words are exchanged, but then, they don't have to be. It's the untainted silence that makes you smile and run your fingers through his hair. He takes your hand in his, bringing it to his lips and kissing your palm. The gesture is sweet and prince-like and, though it doesn't usually suit him, it is him. Hoseok is a lot of things, and though he might not always look the part, he's familiar with so many different roles and can play them all at once, if it makes you happy. But always, always, he returns to the ordinary yet extraordinary, simple but complex Hobi that you know and love. And that's just it, you love him. You always will.
    "What should we do today?" he asks. Off days are a treasure and he never wastes a minute when it comes to being with you. 
    "You should take the time and rest. I mean promotion season has been so busy... Don't you want to catch up on sleep?" He smiles and your heart skips a beat as you feel brilliant rays of sun wash over you.
    "Why would I want sleep when I have you?" His cheesy lines have you wrapped around his finger and you know that you don't mind it one bit.
    "You're so sweet," you tell him, leaning into his warm chest and taking in the scent of him.
    "And you're beautiful," he says without missing a beat. He nuzzles his nose into your hair, presses his lips to your head.
    "Are you sure the boys don't need you for anything? There's no schedule all day?" You're always careful to ask in case something he forgot about comes up.
    His grin lights up everything around you and all your worries immediately fade. "No schedule. We have the day to ourselves." His finger skims over your back, absently tracing circles and lines and it occurs to you that he's writing. 
    Four . . Eight . . Six . . 사랑해. Saranghae. "I love you,"  you say aloud, both in knowing what he wrote and meaning it right back to him. He pulls back slightly, eyes meeting yours before he leans down and kisses your lips, sweetly, purely, lovingly.
    It reminds you both that this love between you doesn't require steam and heat and hot things 24/7. It reminds you that warm things are just enough. The simple things- like how he rubs your back at night as you fall asleep in his arms, how you change him into proper sleeping clothes when he falls asleep on the couch after practice, how he always makes sure you smile in the morning because he wants you to always be happy- are the best things. Warm things.
     "Let's have a picnic today," you suggest as he allows your fingers to run over his skin, creating an invisible path down his neck and over his collarbones. 
    "A picnic? That sounds nice," he says, "But I'm really hungry right now. Breakfast?" His eyes tug at your soul and you know what he's going to ask for before he even says it. 
    You sigh with mock exasperation. "Yes, I'll make you Nutella pancakes, but only because you're off today," you tell him. 
    The smile that comes out at this point is one that you never want to ever forget because Hobi's smile is the thing that keeps you going each day, your strength, your motivation, your hope. It's so brilliant and lovely and magnificent that nothing else compares- neither the sun that he loves so much nor the moon whose tail you chase could ever be more beautiful than his smile. 

 

~3/7~