Sin 2: Envy

Delicious Sins

Mino was feeling frustrated, irritable and exasperated all rolled into one giant ball of emotions. If he had to learn about how being overly confident will at times come back to bite one in the , now was that time. Nam Taehyun was a real teaser, they have gotten on a somewhat on a friends basis. However, Taehyun was as usual quietly observing from the sidelines. His expression gave nothing away, no reaction which left Mino so frustrated. 

 

The truth of the situation was beneath that mask of indifference and seemingly emotionless, Taehyun was afraid of what he was feeling for Mino because the guy had been appearing in his mind for far too often than he would deem as normal. Therefore, he chose to wear that mask of indifference and avoiding the guy whenever he could get away with it.

 

Avoidance of the issue was never the main answer. Not when their tutor saw it fitting to pair them up for one of the assignments, much to the dismay of their classmates that hoped to be paired with either one of them.

 

It was also not unnoticed to Taehyun how Mino’s expression would darken whenever he got too friendly with his friends, especially his male friends. He pretty much reckoned he was in trouble seeing how could read the guy’s expression so easily. Still, he continued with his pretense.

 

Once Taehyun was out in Myeongdong when he spotted Mino with two of his guy friends outside an entrance of a club when he saw girl suddenly hooked her arms around the guy. He felt blood boil when he saw how the guy patted her head affectionately before the group turned to head in.

 

It took him less than a few minutes to realized that the feelings that stirred from the encounter was none other than the little green eyed monster called jealousy. However, it was not like he could claim Mino as his since they were nothing more than friends.

 

Mino got more and more vexed with each passing day. He hated immensely how Taehyun would get very chummy with his friends. In fact, he was angry and puzzled by the feelings that arose. It was not they are like an attached couple.

 

However, he swore he would get to the bottom of the matter and settle it no matter what it was going to take. So he tried befriending some of the guys that seemed to hang around Taehyun like some little disgusting leeches. He realized it was a failure operation since all he felt like doing was punch Taemin in the face when the guy opened his mouth or dig the eyes out of Baekhyun whenever he stared at Taehyun with the super obvious longing in his eyes.

 

Mino came to the library during one of the days where he and Taehyun agreed to meet up to discuss about their assignment. He spotted the younger guy at his usual spot at the library but the scene the greeted him made him see nothing but a sea of green. Baekhyun was sitting beside the guy and his hand was around the guy’s neck gently massaging it as he read his textbook.

 

Taehyun was not flinching from the touch.

 

All hell broke loose in Mino’s system. Enough was enough.

 

“Last I checked the sign at the door reads “Library” and not “massage parlour”.”

 

Baekhyun jumped from his seat with a look that remind Mino of a child that got caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar. He quickly made his way out of the library after saying that he will see Taehyun tomorrow.

 

Like that is something not likely to happen, Mino wanted to snarl at the guy but stopped himself.

 

“What was that all about? What is wrong with you?”

 

“Why don’t you and Baekhyun book one of the discussion rooms that is available here then pull down the blinds where you can enjoy a full body massage. I mean I tried it before with other pleasurable intentions and trust me, it was exhilarating.”

 

Taehyun flinch and bit back the string of curses that wanted to leave his mouth to hurl at the guy standing before him so bad. Oh the nerve of the guy, Song Minho. Still pissed speechless, he gathered all his things and stormed out of the library.

 

Mino watched as the younger stormed towards the main doors of the school library and he called every name he could think of under the sun. He desperately wanted to hit something right at that moment, something that was preferably himself.

 

He bent down to pick up the notebook that fell out of Taehyun’s bag when he left in a huff. Flipping through the pages of the notebook, he saw pages of handwritten notes about their assignment and points to take note. It was so detailed that Mino could not help but to be really impressed.

 

He wondered why he even wanted to attack Taehyun in the very first place.

 

With the notebook in his hand, he quickly ran after the younger guy. He found him walking to the student’s carpark, muttering under his breath words that Mino could not even make out.

 

“Taehyun!”

 

He turned around at the call of his name. His expression was very dark and face was flushed red with anger that was boiling in him.

 

“Go away, .”

 

“I am sorry. I was out of line by saying those hurtful things.”

 

“So why did you do it then?”

 

“I was really angry.”

 

“With what?”

 

“Taemin, Baekhyun, Jinwoo among many others so just take your pick.”

 

“These are my friends that you seemed to be angry at and one of them is my best friend.” Taehyun said in a quiet voice but the hint of anger was unmistakable as he glared at Mino.

 

“You smiled, talked and listened to everyone yet you have avoided me for all week, Taehyun.” He could not help but spat the last bit out unable to mask that bitter tone in his voice.

 

“You sound jealous.”

 

“Yes, I am jealous.”

 

Mino noticed how something flashed in Taehyun’s eyes.

 

“I believe that it is not my problem.”

 

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

“Who said I was? You think too highly of yourself. I was busy with a long list of things to do one of which is to come up with the guidelines for our assignment. I don’t want to waste time.”

 

From the way, Taehyun looked everywhere but his eyes proved that the younger was obviously lying through his teeth.

 

“Liar, I distract you. Admit it.”

 

“Seriously, don’t flatter yourself. It is unsightly.” Taehyun answered before turning around and continue to walk.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Home. Where else?”

 

“No, stay here. Don’t go.”

 

The way the younger guy had the blank expression shocked him speechless.

 

“If you want the attention so badly, why don’t you go find that short girl.”

 

Mino was shocked but now he was confused.

 

“What girl?”

 

“The girl with her arm curling over yours like a leech that she is last week at Myeongdong in front of the entrance of Vertigo.”

 

Mino wanted to do a victory dance right then and there. Taehyun was jealous and it only showed him so crystal clear that Taaehyun wanted him and he was affected too.

 

“Minah? That is Jihoon’s girlfriend.”

 

“And the point you are trying to make here is…”

 

Mino could not help but notice the way something flicked across the guy’s eyes. Smirking, he walked closer to Taehyun until they were about a breath apart.

 

Taehyun’s mind did not register Mino’s movements as the guy moved closer until he could feel the heat emitting from the older guy’s body, the light brush of Mino’s thighs against his own. Unconsciously, he moved a fraction closer to him ignoring the alarm bells that were going off in his mind.

 

“You are jealous.” Mino whispered ruefully, making no effort to move just staying at his spot.

 

Mino wondered where on earth did he master such self-control of not grabbing Taehyun’s body so that it was flushed against his own, claiming those delectable and super kissable lips. He wondered how could his body even begin to resist that sizzle of and desire curled into one tight ball of need to shoot through his system. He was so unbelievably and undeniably hot for Nam Taehyun

 

The honk of a car from a distance broke both of them out of their own little thoughts.

 

“I am not jealous. We are just friends.” Taehyun hissed.

 

Still breathing heavily, Taehyun turned to leave, unsure who he was trying to convince with his words.

 

Mino just stood where he was. The smirk never left his face as he replayed their little confrontation.

 

Things are starting to get oh so interesting, he mused.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi, back with an update. Would love to know what you think. Hope you all like it. Enjoy!