Sin 6 : Wrath

Delicious Sins

Every angry words and thoughts came crashing back. Taehyun inhaled and tried his hardest to hold back, to be able to tackle Mino with controlled fury rather than just pure blind rage.

 

Even so, he spat the words out, “Enjoying yourself?’

 

Crossing his arms, Taehyun stood before him at the bar of their usual hangout. He came over immediately after finding out from Jiho that he was hanging out with the rest of them instead of meeting him.

 

 “I will take you back home.” Mino looked angry which was so wrong because he was the one that was being the here, not Taehyun.

 

Still, Taehyun let himself be pulled outside but as they reached the alley where Mino’s bike was parked, he shook himself out of his grip.

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“Understand what?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I never said I am going.”

 

“What?” Taehyun could not help but glare at the guy.

 

“I told you I don’t do parents.”

 

“All I wanted and asked was just for you to be there for me. Just this once, Mino!”

 

Too angry to just stay still, Taehyun began to pace the alley back and forth.

 

“Let me give you a helpful tip or two. If you want to stay in this relationship, you might want to work on your effort to keep it going.”

 

Mino shook his head, “Don’t push it if you want whatever we got between us to work.”

 

“What do we have between us then, Mino?”

 

Taehyun was not ready to face the answer and was afraid he might already know what answer might be.

 

“I am not even going to be unrealistic to ask for forever but do we even at least have love and commitment?”

 

Before Taehyun could respond, Mino pushed him against the wall. His kiss was long and hard but it had that soft urgency that left him yearning for more. However Mino was reluctant to do that, touching his mouth softly, retreating back and refusing to deepen the kiss.

 

He then felt his lips on his neck, on the spot just behind his ear, where he knew the younger was most sensitive and true to form, Taehyun shivered in delight. Taehyun felt his anger just dissipated and utterly defenseless. Every kiss was like a soft attack for which he was totally unprepared.

 

There was no retaliation as to what he was doing to him. Taehyun was powerless as Mino demonstrated the control he had over him. Protest was useless since as long as he was Mino’s, he could melt him anytime. The walls around his heart were nothing, offering no resistance. Gathering whatever mind power he had, before he gets loss in an abyss, Taehyun broke the kiss and pushed him away.

 

Taehyun had been right all these while. Imperious was the apt word to describe Mino. Taehyun got really tired of pretending all was fine and dandy between them when it was so obviously not.

 

Mino raked his fingers through his hair and wondered how out of all the difficult negotiations he had to deal with, this was the most difficult one of all.

 

Taehyun wondered what was next. Just go with the flow and try not to get too carried away by it? It felt to him that he was just some random toy until Mino got tired of him, the inevitable bottom line.

 

“We have a good thing going on and you know that.”

 

“I thought so too.” Taehyun agreed tentatively. “Now I am not sure.”

 

“Why? Because I did not show up at some family gathering?”

 

“It is not about my family.” Taehyun shook his head.

 

“Then?”

 

“It is about whether you are ever willing to make a commitment to me. Whether do you truly want this relationship like I do. Most importantly, love.”

 

“It does not always have to be about commitment, relationship or love!”

 

“No it does not but I want those. I want more than what you are willing to give. I deserve that.”

 

“If that is the way you feel, then I think we have nothing more to say. I am giving you everything I got.”

 

“I can’t give you anymore.” Mino stated flatly with finality to his voice.

 

“Can’t.” Taehyun said quietly, looking at the guy and feeling his heart breaking. “Or won’t?”

 

Mino looked up at him with dead eyes.

 

“So let me get this straight. You are implying that all this is just for fun? Were you bored with your fan girls or fan boys? Is that it? So you were taking some time off and I happen to be some poor kid that landed in the middle of your path? Is that it?” Taehyun was suddenly very angry again.

 

“Or are you scared that you have fallen for me?”

 

A heavy silence hung in between them like some uninvited guest. Mino tried to search his brain for a slick and smooth comeback but found none.

 

“Look, I don’t think this is going to work out.” Mino let out an exasperated sigh.

 

“You are looking for a relationship and I am just open for fun only. So it is better to end things now before it gets dragged out any longer.”

 

Taehyun was dumbstruck. How on earth did things did the 360 so fast? Everything was moving along fine then suddenly this.

 

Something in him died, twisted and changed, the hurt was cutting too deeply this time. Instead he turned around and headed toward the direction of the taxi stand. As he sauntered off, he was flinging the words sadly over his shoulders like missiles.

 

“There are some things in life that are worth the risk, Mino. It is because the rewards are so much sweeter.”

 

Mino stood there watching the younger’s back view as he left, feeling a hollow dull ache in his chest. He felt as though his insides were scraped raw and devoid of emotion but he shrugged it off and headed back into the club.

 

He took the first available seat and ordered 10 tequila shots while trying to fight the emotions that were threatening to take hold over him. Mino had always been good at switching off his emotions but it was different today. His friends looked over at him curiously as he ordered more shots after drinking the first round all at one go.

 

After all that, it was Jihoon that was the one who took Mino home.

 

“Taehyun…” Mino kept mumbling in his drunken state.

 

Jihoon looked at his friend and shook his head.

 

“Finally, the mighty Song Minho has fallen.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi, back with an update slightly after midnight... work is going to be busy tomorrow and I dont have the time to post. Please leave a comment... would love to know your thoughts! the end is nearing and i am sad... i love writing this fic... i am having a lot of fun with the characters here...