Sin 7 : Pride

Delicious Sins

Mino stood outside the building in the shadows, waiting for him to come home. It was the same spot where he first dropped the younger off. There he saw Taehyun walking with Seungyoon talking but when Seungyoon gave the younger a pat on his cheek.That was the moment when Mino saw red.

 

He marched over and grabbed Seungyoon by the collar of his shirt. “Stay away from him!” His tone was menacing and eyes were murderous.

 

Taehyun quickly muttered an apology to Seungyoon before pulling Mino away.

 

They made their way to his building without saying a word and Taehyun was actually intent on keeping it that way and ignoring Mino altogether. Taehyun headed towards his apartment but Mino grabbed his arm.

 

“Taehyun.”

 

He jerked his arm out of his grip. “What?”

 

“I just want to talk.”

 

He shook his head disbelievingly and pressed the button for the elevator.

 

“What is there to say?”

 

“I was an idiot.”

 

“You don’t say.”

 

The lift came and Taehyun walked in. He pressed the close button but Mino was quicker. Using his hand to stop the lift, he stepped in with him.

 

“I messed up.”

 

“No kidding.”

 

“Damn it, Taehyun! Listen to me!”

 

The lift door opened and the younger walked out towards his unit while Mino followed.

 

“No, Mino. I tried to get you to listen and you would not. Now it is too late.”

 

Mino grabbed him and turned the younger guy to face him. Poker-faced Taehyun was back and he hated it. Mino wanted his carefree, his unafraid of showing how he felt Taehyun back.

 

“I was stupid and I messed up. I don’t know how to be someone’s boyfriend. My longest relationship was 24 hours and that was only because we were sleeping with each other among other things.”

 

There was a sense of desperation in his tone.

 

“It is too late.”

 

“Too late? Why? We have a good thing going on.”

 

“It is just too late.”

 

Taehyun reached his door without any interference, he thought he had won. The feeling of triumph was flowing through him. He started to turn the knob when he was seized from behind and swung around.

 

He took a deep breath but before he could carry out his threat, Mino pulled him roughly into his arms and his mouth covered his, skilled and masterful. At first he held himself stiff but pressing Taehyun’s back against the door, he kissed the younger until his head was spinning and his knees went weak.

 

Feeling his slender body go limp, and with his lips still clinging closely, he carried Taehyun into his apartment and laid him down on the couch. Mino sat down by his side, effectively trapping him as he continued their kiss.

 

By then, he was no longer fighting him and was just kissing him back. When he lifted his head to breathe, Taehyun slowly opened his dazed eyes. Mino was staring down at him with an odd expression on his face.

 

“You missed me.”

 

Taehyun wanted to deny it so much but he just could not. Though he tried his hardest to resist him but the moment Mino’s lips touched his, he was lost. He wondered if it was a mistake for him to put his pride first. After all, Mino was the only man in the world for him and he badly wanted to be in his life, to feel his kisses, to feel secure with his arms around and to simply just be with him.

 

However, could he be happy enough knowing that it would be just a casual exchange of pleasure for Mino while for him it would be baring his soul? Could he bear the pain of knowing he means nothing to Mino while he meant everything to Taehyun?

 

Desperate for more contact, Mino reached for the hem of his shirt and lifted over the younger’s head without any obstruction. The sensation of skin against skin was like an electrical charge that made him dizzy. Everything in Mino ached to reach out and demand more.

 

“You are beautiful.” Mino breathed.

 

His overwhelming desire for Taehyun caused the heat inside him to become an unstoppable inferno. The younger’s scent was all over him, the fine perspiration that glistened on his pale skin melding with his own. It was like they are two parts of a shell that had been forced apart and now at last, were finally brought together as one again.

 

However, the memory of their fight took Taehyun back and he froze, shutting out, he shifted away from him in an abrupt defensive moment that caught Mino by surprise.

 

“This is a mistake.” Taehyun stated sadly as he stared at the beautiful masculine features of the guy he loves so much.

 

“You can’t give me what I want. So what if the is good? We will never work out.”

 

Mino’s body jolted and Taehyun would have missed it if he has not been staring at him or it could be the mirage caused by his heartache.

 

He meant to shock the older guy but ended up shocking himself as well for he love him no matter what.

 

“Is that your wish?”

 

“Yes, it is the only way because you have no room in your heart for me.”

 

Mino got up wordlessly; the battering of his pride was evident in his bleak gaze that touched his briefly, like a fleeting kiss, bittersweet.

 

“I am sorry” Mino murmured softly as he reached and turned the handle of the door.

 

It took all the willpower Taehyun had not to go running after him when the door closed with a thud that sounded so empty, so final. Just because Mino seemed different now did not mean that he would or could love him at the end of the day.

 

As much as he needed to be over him, Taehyun knew deep down that he was not. He would never be over him. He could not ignore the little things that Mino did for him without even realizing that he was even doing it. He had shown more compassion than he had ever shown to any of his partners. There was no denying that Mino changed since meeting Taehyun. He may not be a nice guy but he knew that Mino was not a bad guy either.

 

Taehyun slumped onto the floor, clutching his shirt and slowly closing his eyes when the tears came. He was so tired and drained from this emotional roller coaster.

 

If he was going to be brutally honest, Song Minho was not the guy that falls in love. He just could not, okay?

 

It was not his fault that ladies and men love him. Why should he subject himself to pursuing one guy when there are more accessible ones around him that all he needed to do was to bat his memorizing dark eyes.

 

Yet, it was not only Taehyun’s body that made his blood hum. There was indefinable quality about the younger guy that tugged at him. It was about his calm, capable demeanor that was at odds with his seductive lips, his gentle touches, his quick mind and the intensity of the way he feels pleasure. How he would laugh without a care in the world at Jiho’s jokes or the way his eyes light up when he talked about his crazy family. His face really brightened up when he smiled and Mino just wanted to bask in the radiance of it. Most importantly, he wanted that smile to be on him all the time.

 

However, now Taehyun did not want to have anything to do with him. Mino only had himself to blame for the mess he had created.

 

Taehyun was right. He could not and would not give him the one thing he wanted. For he had seen first hand how 2 people who claimed to love each other for better or worse tore each other apart when the love was no longer there. His parents’ divorce was so bitter that end of it they hated each others’ guts. None of them cared about Mino or how he was affected by it. It was then he grew up pretty fast and switched off any form of attachment. The part of him that was scared to take risk when it came to the matters of the heart because chances are you ended up getting really hurt if things does not turn out. If he was honest, only Nam Taehyun was close to breaking down that barrier he carefully created.

 

Tonight was a night full of stars, a night for lovers to unite. For Song Minho and Nam Taehyun, tonight may never come.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi decided to post the chapter earlier... but this is the last sin. thank you all for the lovely comments and dont forget to leave word for this one... i would love to know what you think!