Chapter 5 (Part 1)

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her heart suddenly beat faster. She couldn't look away from her phone. The screen was flashing Sun-woo's text.

 

“Are you home yet?” it says. She looked at the clock in her room, it's already past nine. Of course, she wouldn't text him back. She never did. But deep inside, she always wanted to talk to Sun-woo, to ask him if he really cares, to tell him not to worry about her.

 

She was about to continue on working with the dress when Sun-woo's name flashed in the screen and the phone is vibrating continuously. He's calling. She panicked and wanted to press the end-button. She thought she pressed it when the screen flashed that she's on-call. She stiffened as she place her phone at her ear. She didn't want her to sound odd and immediately composed herself into her aloof attitude. "Wae?" she sounded a little irritated than she was planning.

 

"You're not returning my texts", 'I never did, what's new?’ she thought but stunned with Sun-woo actions.

 

"Why would I?" she kept her irritated-self, but Sun-woo ignored her.

 

"Are you home yet?"
"Why do you care?"
"I'm asking you, Kim Nana"

 

She sat still, her mind went blank. It's obvious that Sun-woo won't until he get what he wants.

 

"Ah... I—I'm at home, Sun-woo"
"Good"

 

She didn't know what to say after. She can't believe she's shaking. She's hoping Sun-woo wouldn't notice her erratic breathing.

 

"Nana" he called her first name clearly, making her lost with his voice. Just with a simple call on her name, she's totally frozen already. She didn't answer back. She doesn't want to sound astonished to him.

 

"Good night Nana", then she couldn't hear noises from the other line anymore. He hung up. She remained silent, waiting for her heart to restore its normal rate.

 

Her mind was wrapped up with mix emotions. She doesn't know if Sun-woo's call would make her happy—or it would make her mad at him. She thought he still love Min Seyi. It's not easy to move on, she says as she remember how Sun-woo's mere presence still affect her. She doesn't know what to feel—she's confused.

 

They spent the next few days practicing Waltz with their classmates. Nana and Sun-woo will lead the dance during the practical. Teacher Choi also gave them the song they will use, he then reminded them that they're not the only one who'll dance waltz on Thursday. Also, Choi told them that think of it as a celebration after they passed their finals. They guessed the other class might be feeling the same way too—annoyed and embarassed.

 

"Ya, Seyi. What are you going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter