Chapter 8

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was one summer day with a slightly cold breeze still lingering outside but the sun's seemed warmer than any other day. Typical, for Korea it is. She reluctantly threw her blanket aside, feeling sleepier than any of these past days. She's been sleeping so late at night since Sun-woo can't stop texting and calling almost all the time of everyday. A loud buzz at her night stand made her eyes pop open. Her phone.

 

 

She quickly sat straight with her legs crossed against each, a smile forming in her face. It's Sun-woo. Jung Sun-woo is calling her. She lingered at the thought for almost eight seconds then she answered the call of the young man she'd been in love with for a while now. After their so-called-finals when Sun-woo confessed that he actually likes her, they'd been going out together a lot. Sometimes with the Color Bar members but mostly, only the two of them. It's been a month and their summer vacation is soon to be over. "Hi" she said, the smile never leaving her lovely face. It's not that Sun-woo said he loves her and not that she said that already too, but she had this feeling that they're on the same page. They're getting there.

 

 

"Good morning, beautiful" he responded. Truth to be told, she's lucky that Sun-woo's not with her to see the tint of pink in both of her cheeks. "Want to go out, tonight? For a movie. If you're not busy, okay?"

 

 

'As if I would say no, boy', she thought. But answered with, "Sure. Movie would be nice"

 

 

"Great. Okay, I'll see you at 5pm. You okay with that?"

 

 

"Anytime would be fine", she admitted.

 

 

"How about right now?", a hint of playfulness came with his voice making Nana chuckle. A month changed Nana in some ways. She's open with Sun-woo, not trying to hide when she's happy around him, not trying to hide if she's sad, angry, and anything else. She's just being herself. The real her. The sweet little lovely girl but sure as hell, she bites too. And that's what Sun-woo likes about her. She can be sweet and vulnerable sometimes but strong and tough, too.

 

 

"I didn't mean that, Sun-woo" she said but Sun-woo just laughed at her. 'Sun-woo's laughing. Sun-woo's happy calling me', she smiled at that thought.

 

 

"I know", he said with a pause. "You better get ready before you find me knocking at your door at exactly 5pm, Kim Nana", he said with hearty chuckle. Damn that melts.. but what? 'Wait a minute', she thought.

 

 

"Sun-woo. You don't mean.. You're not.." she trailed off thinking if Sun-woo already where she lives. She let out a silent "Oh my God", with her eyes wide in shock. She heard him laugh like he saw her reaction. "See you, Nana" and he hung up.

 

 

 

XxxxxxxxxxxX

 

 

 

She'd been fidgeting all the time since morning until she decided to get ready. She wore her plain navy blue dress complemented with black jacket, black flats and a purse. She looked decent, she thought. Complete opposite of her usual short all-black outfit. It's 4:30 pm's already and Sun-woo's still not texting her. What if something came up? What if he bailed her? The thought ruined her mood and her chest tightened.

 

 

She quickly brushed it off when she heard someone watching TV in the living room she was heading to, making her nervous all of the sudden. It was her father, who was sitting in the couch with both feet at the edge of the coffee table. She thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter