Reopening old wounds

Life Blood

Warning: contains brief, non-explicit description of . Read at own discretion.

JAEJOONG'S FLASHBACK PT 1
 

529 years ago - 522 years ago

During the first week of February in the year 1486, two male babies were born within less that three days and three nights from each other. Sun Clan's son was named Jaejoong, and Moon Clan's Yunho. Since Jaejoong was a carrier and Yunho was a non-carrier, their parents would joke about how they were destined mates from birth.

As they grew older it became evident that they were both Alphas, and on their sacred seventh birthday celebration the clans announced them as heirs. Jaejoong was especially celebrated, since he was the first carrier Alpha to be born in the district in five millennia.

 

510 years ago

When Jaejoong entered his first heat at the age of nineteen, marking his wolf's dawning adolescence, he became the most desired person in the district. Everyone wanted to mate with him. Everyone vied for breeding rights to the Master Alpha. Apart from their desire for power, they were driven by Jaejoong's looks. One drop of the boy's blood in their family would be worth more than any gold in the world when it came to determining clan status.

It was highly uncommon for a person to mate during their first heat, but Jaejoong was a highly uncommon person, which was why people dared to even ask. Jaejoong, of course, would have none of it. He was not in the least interested in becoming someone's trophy mate.

About nine weeks into the mating season, Jaejoong was going home after spending the evening playing games with Yunho (to whom he would not have said no, if the younger had only had the sense to ask). What he did not know was that one of his jilted suitors had followed him into the forest.

Halfway to Sun Clan's mansion, Moon Clan's Beta Minjoon suddenly stepped in front of him.

"What's the matter, hyung?" Jaejoong asked, shivering slightly in the night chill.

"You. You're what's the matter." Minjoon growled, menacingly.

"I don't understand." Jaejoong was afraid now. He felt Hero stir inside him. Even though the adolescent wolf wasn't at his full size and strength yet, it was reassuring to know that he was there.

Minjoon had cornered Jaejoong against a tree now. The younger's heart was beating faster than ever before.

"Did you know that I was supposed to be heir after my brother?"

"No."

"Well, I was. I was going to take over both Master Clans, and be the ultimate Alpha. When you two little s showed Alpha tendencies, my brother forgot that promise. So I figured, if I can't be Alpha, I can at least breed Alpha. And that's where you come in."

"Hyung…"

Hero made an attempt to defend them both, but the adult Jun.K was too strong. The younger was soon overpowered, squirming on the ground as Minjoon held Jaejoong's arms in a vice grip with one hand, pulling down both their trousers with the other.

Minjoon moved hard and without mercy, showing with every how much he hated Jaejoong's very existence. Minjoon's mixed with Jaejoong's blood, and with a painful grip around the boy's jaw, the elder forced his mouth open.

"Bite me", he growled, a promise of death in his throat.

"Never", Jaejoong managed to hiss back.

A punch to his cheek, and the strong hand was back, around his neck this time.

"Bite me!" A roar that rolled between the trees.

"I'd rather die." Jaejoong's voice was barely audible due to the lack of oxygen.

"That can be arranged!"

"Not if I kill you first, you bastard!" Youngwoon's voice came from behind Jaejoong. The elder had been taking a stroll, coming home from a date with Jungsoo.

Everything after that was a blurred memory. Hazy, like something that happened in a dream. The only thing Jaejoong knew for sure is that three days later, the severely injured Minjoon was officially excommunicated, and that the relationship between the two clans was very uncomfortable for a long time. For Jaejoong's sake, Sun Clan moved away from the forest, and he and Yunho didn't meet for over two hundred years.

END OF JAEJOONG'S FLASHBACK PT 1


Present day

When the Beta pair brought Jaejoong inside, they were met by U-Know in full prostration, the ultimate apology. Jaejoong said nothing. He just watched coldly as the other members of Moon Clan followed their Alpha's example. Jaejoong didn't want to deal with them right now. He didn't want to feel, didn't want to make any concessions.

"I'm gonna take a bath", he said softly to Junsu, who helped the exhausted man upstairs. Jaejoong always enjoyed Junsu's gentle ministrations as the Beta washed his Alpha's hair, humming a soft tune. Those kind hands had helped him through many sad times.

Junsu placed a light kiss on Jaejoong's hair after towelling it dry, before wrapping his arms around the elder's neck in a back hug.

"You know, you can't keep them in prostration forever."

"I know. Can you tell Yoochun to release them? I don't wanna face them right now."

"Sure, hyung." After relaying the mental message to his mate, Junsu ushered Jaejoong to bed. The Alpha always wanted to cuddle until he fell asleep when he felt like this.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Three weeks had passed and things were still icy in the mansion. Not a day went by without Yunho apologising a minimum of ten times. The words fell on deaf ears, as Jaejoong was hell bent on ignoring the other Alpha until those careless words no longer hurt.

"We have to do something about the Alphas", Changmin said to the other three Betas, after yet another news report involving the Rogue Pack.

"Good luck with that", Yoochun sighed. "Jaejoong hyung once went twenty years without speaking to Heechul hyung, after an argument over a hanbok they both wanted. This time he's angry about something that actually matters, so you can imagine how long he could go on."

"What if we ask Jungsoo hyung for help?" Junsu suggested. "I know Jae hyung respects him."

"Worth a shot", Kyuhyun said, picking up his phone to call said man.

One hour later, King Clan's Alpha and Beta pairs were in their living room, waiting for Jaejoong to get dressed after his shower.

"Hyungs, what brings you here?" Jaejoong asked when he came downstairs.

"The Betas called us. We understand you had a fight with Yunho?" Jungsoo said.

"Why the past tense?" Jaejoong muttered as he sat down.

"Please, Jaejoong, this isn't the time to have another hanbok schism. Can't you just forgive him? I'm sure whatever he did can't be this bad?" Youngwoon pleaded.

"He asked me if I bite anyone who buys me dinner! He thinks I'm a !" Jaejoong's sudden outburst made them all jump in their seats.

"I'm sure he doesn't…" Jungsoo's words fell on deaf ears. Jaejoong was working himself into a hurt and angry spiel.

"He's so full of himself! He still blames me for-"

Jaejoong's voice caught in his throat. The words were too painful to speak, but everyone in the room knew what he was talking about. They had all been there to hug and caress the young cub back to health.

"That's just because no one ever told him the truth." Youngwoon actually pitied Yunho a little for being kept in the dark about his childhood friend's fate.

"Jungwoon did. After our fight."

"Well, then, what is this about, then?" Jungsoo was genuinely confused.

"It's because he said it!"

The two Alphas and six Betas let out a collective "Huh?!" Jaejoong's logic was one of a kind, sometimes.

"Why is it worse if he says it?"

"Because! He's the one I'm waiting for…"

"You mean…"

"The er has been wrapped in gold since he was born, and I don't even so much as sparkle in his eyes!"

"Hah! Pay up!" Heechul suddenly cheered. The Beta pinched Hangeng's cheek, ignoring the eight pairs of eyes currently glaring at him.

Yunho quietly got up from his seat on the stairs and went back up. He'd overheard everything, and needed a lifetime to process.


JAEJOONG'S FLASHBACK PT 2

300 years ago

Jaejoong was done with Gongju. The town was too small for him. He wanted to go back to Seoul. Back to the centre of events. Seoul was the life of the party that was Korea, and where there was a party, there was a Jaejoong.

"Hyung, you're back!" Yoochun smiled when he saw his long lost brother.

"Miss me?" he asked jokingly into their bear hug, already knowing the answer. "And who might this pretty one be?" Jaejoong added, turning to the beautiful black-haired man by the other's side.

"Hyung, meet Junsu. He was Omega in Winter Clan. He's the one", Yoochun said proudly, hugging Junsu with a smile.

"I'll be damned. I knew you'd be the first to find your mate. Nice to meet you, I'm Jaejoong."

"My pleasure", Junsu replied. His husky voice sounded warm and pleasant. Yoochun had found a good mate in the other.


Yoochun and Junsu filled Jaejoong in on Sun Clan's fate. Half a century ago, three rogues had joint forces, bringing mayhem and destruction in their wake. Minjoon, Yifan and Baekhyun had killed Jaejoong's parents, as well as many others in Sun Clan. Currently, Jungsoo and Youngwoon were leading what was left of the clan, aided by Heechul and Hangeng.

"Is it good? Those hyungs were always dependable as Alphas", Jaejoong remembered.

"It's good. It'll be better now that you're back", Yoochun said.

"I'm not going back. Too many memories."

"Then…"

"I'm thinking of starting my own clan. It only makes sense. The hyungs are Alphas whom I respect a lot, and I'm an Alpha who is chosen to lead a clan. I don't want to fight them, so I'll make a new clan. Star Clan."

"Good idea…"

"Will you be my Beta pair?" Jaejoong had never looked this determined, this resolute, for as long as Yoochun could remember.

"I'm in if you are, Junsu sweetie", Yoochun said after some thinking.

"Where you go, I go", Junsu answered, kissing Yoochun on the cheek.


At the welcome home dinner, Jaejoong announced his plans, causing both relief and disruption in Sun Clan. Relief since there wouldn't be an Alpha fight, and disruption because discussion arose over who would go into which pack, since they were all family.

Eventually, it was decided that in addition to Yoochun and Junsu, Donghae and Jungwoon and would join Jaejoong in the new clan. They would start out as a daughter clan, and claim full status once they had enough members to fend for themselves.

The five men moved into a mansion overlooking the Han River. News soon spread across the city that Kim Jaejoong was back, and that he was starting a new clan. Needless to say, Star Clan didn't have to search for candidates. Their task became choosing those who would be valued members of their pack.

This information reached Moon Clan as well. Yunho, who had taken over as Alpha after Minjoon had killed his parents as well during the mayhem, received the news with mixed emotions. On one hand, he was happy that his childhood friend was doing well, but on the other, he was still angry with the other Alpha.

Yunho, had never received any explanation about why Sun Clan wanted Minjoon excommunicated. As a result, he had come to believe that it was due to the old promise about Minjoon becoming Alpha. Yunho was under the impression that they had plotted to have Minjoon out of the picture, to ensure Jaejoong's inheritance. Having never seen the other boy's bruised face and haunted expression following the brutal , Yunho couldn't even have begun to imagine their beloved hyung committing any crime worthy of excommunication. As a result, he'd come to blame Jaejoong for Minjoon's leaving.

 

270 years ago

The increasingly violent humans were becoming a problem for the werewolf community, and Sun Clan, hereafter known as King Clan, summoned the council to discuss possible solutions.

This was the first appearance of Star Clan at a council, the pack having received full clan status a few months earlier. The original five members had been joint by another four: Sehun, Kibum, Taemin, and the smiling Omega named Jongin.

Consisting of two non-carriers and seven carriers, one of whom being the famous Alpha himself, Star Clan drew all the attention of the other werewolves. They took their seat next to Winter Clan, since Junsu wanted to be near their other Omega, his twin brother Junho.

"Now that everyone's here, we wish to address the problem of the human uprising", Jungsoo started. "They seem hellbent on driving us out of here, and we need to find a peaceful solution, to avoid another war. Any ideas?"

Yunho was the first to speak.

"I suggest a big council meeting between werewolves and humans. Let's suggest it takes place in their homestead, giving them the feeling of an advantage."

"It'll be more than a feeling when they ambush us", Jaejoong commented, not without criticism in his voice. He still blamed Moon Clan for Minjoon's actions, and above all, for not stopping him when given the chance.

"You got a better idea?" Yunho shot out.

"Neutral grounds. An open space, with nowhere to hide"

"Like?"

"The big clearing south of the city walls, near the river."

 

100 years ago

After almost one and a half century of peace between werewolves and humans, the latter race decided it was time to have another go. This time, they carried crosses with them, as if a piece of wood would do them any good.

They set King Clan's mansion on fire, and Jaejoong's pack risked their lives going in there to save Jungsoo, Youngwoon and Heechul.

"We owe you our lives", Youngwoon said afterwards.

"Please, we're family."

"Either way, anything you ask from now on, we'll give it to you, no questions asked."

"I'll keep it in mind."

 

75 years ago

"How have you been?" Yunho asked, almost shy in front of his childhood friend. They hadn't had a real, personal talk in over four hundred years.

"Okay. Lonely. The pull for a mate is getting stronger these days."

"You haven't found him yet?"

"No." That was a lie. Jaejoong had found his destined mate many centuries ago, when the other Alpha was first placed in his crib. The longing for Yunho was the real reason he'd returned to Seoul. Even if they weren't together, they were at least in the same district.

"Have you found your mate?" Jaejoong returned the question, almost fearing the answer.

"No. Not yet." Not a lie.

"Can I ask you something?" Yunho continued after a few moments of awkward silence.

"Sure."

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"To uncle Minjoon."

"What did I do to him?" Jaejoong's voice got suddenly stern.

"Why did you lie about him?"

"You think I lied?"

"Why else would the council have a reason to excommunicate him? That's a really hardcore punishment, you know."

"What would I benefit from lying like that?" Jaejoong almost had tears in his eyes. Yunho couldn't possibly believe he was making all that stuff up.

"I don't know. Power, maybe?"

"In case you forgot, I had power handed to me."

"Power that had been promised to him before we were born. I thought-"

"What? What did you think? That I saw him as a future threat? That I connived some horrid lie to get him out of the way?"

"…"

"In case you forgot, Jung Yunho, Minjoon hyung was like an uncle to me, too. I wish all of it were lies, but it's not."

With those words, spoken in great affect, Jaejoong stormed out of the restaurant, loathe to let Yunho see his tears. His pride would not allow it.

What happened to you, Jae? Did hyung really hurt you? What did he do to you?


END OF JAEJOONG'S FLASHBACK PT 2


A/N

Gotdamn this chap was long and hard to write!

Info 1: Werewolves age as humans during their first 20 years, until their wolf comes of age. After that, they age as werewolves, where 500 human years = 10 werewolf years (Jaejoong & Yunho are 519 years old, look 29, etc)

Info 2: When a werewolf finds their destined mate, the person starts to shimmer like gold ^_^ Sometimes, you can know a person for centuries and not realise, and sometimes, timing .

New faces:

Junho/Zuno

Until next time: Have this nyamjae ft. teaseyun

(I just love watching JJ eat, he makes everything look delicious)

I live for your comments ^3^