April 14th

Mid Month Celebrations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe you dragged me here,” I said grouchily as my friend and I settled into our seats of the noodle restaurant.

She only rolled her eyes at my grumpiness. “Oh, come on, the best to mourn about one’s single status is by eating jajangmyeon,” she said wisely.

 

“What if I didn’t want to mourn about my single status, huh? What if I’m perfectly happy being an independent woman who doesn’t need a man?” I challenged her, crossing my arms.

 

“That’s what our other friend said exactly a year ago, but one year later, here we are without her because she got herself a boy,” my friend muttered as she pulled out her phone, probably to check one of her many social media accounts.

 

Unable to counter that, I just let out a huff and slouched on my seat as my eyes began to wander around the restaurant. “Where’s the waiter? We’ve been waiting forever,” I began to complain again.

 

As if a genie heard my wish and answered it, a boy in a waiter’s outfit appeared at our table, surprising both my friend and me. He looked our age and a bit familiar. At least, his eyes definitely were.

 

“Hello, welcome to Nom-Nom Noodles. What would you like today?” he asked, a hand tightly gripping a pen poised on the paper pad in his other hand, ready to take our orders.

 

Within a heartbeat, my friend answered, “Two jajangmyeons, please.”

 

He nodded as he scribbled it down and went away somewhere, but I didn’t know where since my friend distracted me with a whisper of, “He’s cute.”

 

I glanced at his retreating back and shrugged. “I guess. But doesn’t he look familiar?”

 

My friend looked surprised for a moment before furrowing her brows to think why I said that. Her snap that came a few moments later indicated a realization. “He’s in our math class!”

 

A small “Oh,”  came out of my mouth as I remembered the quiet boy at the back of our class who never said anything unless spoken to first.

 

“Isn’t he friends with Baekhyun and Chanyeol?” I asked, recalling how I’d sometimes see him with two infamously loud pranksters.

 

“Yeap, though I’m not sure how. They’re so different,” remarked my friend, and I nodded in agreement. We begin to chit chat about this and that, but mainly about the fact that we were seniors in high school, and still didn’t have a boyfriend. How disappointing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter