March 14th

Mid Month Celebrations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan always insisted I call him manly. Always. No matter what the occasion was or whatever the conversation was about, he’d somehow remind everyone present that he was manly. After about three years of friendship with the said guy, the idea of him being manly was quite deeply ingrained in my mind, so seeing him freak out about what to get a girl a present for White Day was quite hilarious.

 

“What can be so hard about getting a girl a present? Just get the basics: chocolate, flowers, maybe a stuffed animal. What’s so hard about that?” I rolled my eyes at his idiocy, still annoyed by how he dragged me to a flower shop for his crush who I didn’t know about until today. I was particularly bothered by how he kept a secret- and a huge one at that- from me. And to think he called me his best friend. “And why’d you wait last minute? Today’s White Day, and you probably won’t be able to give it to her till tomorrow, but then it won’t be White Day.”

 

He groaned for what seems to be the fifth time just this hour. “Don’t worry; I’m planning on giving it to her today. And you don’t understand. This girl isn’t the same as others.”

 

I raised an eyebrow. “Yeah? But aren’t all girls the same? Girly, sometimes superficial, gossipy, and you know, more characteristics of girls.”

 

Luhan sent me a pointed look. “You aren’t like most girls either, stupid.”

 

I couldn’t argue with that, because he was right; I really wasn’t like most girls. I didn’t like talking about fashion or boys or whatever girls my age talked about. I preferred talking about sports and videogames and other “boy activities.” I would take playing soccer over shopping anyday. Heck, I could sometimes beat Luhan, the soccer king, at his own game. An adorable scowl would always adorn his face whenever I win.

 

Miffed because he was actually right, I just glared at the flowers in front of me. “So what’s this girl like?”

 

Even though I can’t see Luhan’s face because my attention is on the flowers, I could almost hear the smile in his voice as he begins to talk about her. “She’s very down to earth, hard working, and an overachiever. Whenever she speaks, she’s direct, straight to the point, and firm about her opinion. If you didn’t know her very well, you’d think she’s rude, but I know she doesn’t mean to be. And she always tries to see the beauty in others, but she ironically doesn’t see the beauty in herself.”

 

He chuckled at this, and a shot of jealousy shot through me as I heard how lovingly he spoke about her. With some difficulty, I swallowed and managed to say, “Wow. Sounds like a great girl.”

 

“She is,” Luhan replied softly.

 

Keeping my eyes on the flowers, I felt my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter