August 14th

Mid Month Celebrations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanyeol, I think we’re lost,” I said, unsure. I looked around the unfamiliar surroundings. “No, I’m pretty sure we’re lost.”

 

My best friend- and more recently, my boyfriend- scratched his head and stared down at his phone. “No, there’s no way,” he denied fervently. “That’d mean I read this map wrong, and there’s no way that’s possible. I’m awesome at reading maps-”

 

I peered at his phone and burst into laughter. “Yeol! You’re reading it sideways!”

 

“What?” he said disbelievingly. When I corrected the map for him and pointed out the landmarks we had passed, he turned a bright red. “I- I knew all along. I was just trying to test you.”

 

“Sure,” I teased, grinning. Though our planned romantic walk had taken an unexpected turn, I didn’t mind too much. I enjoyed being with Chanyeol, even if I was undertaking far more physical activity than I’m accustomed to. Taking a better look at the forest around us, I decided it was a suitable place to rest. “I’m tired,” I announced, plopping down on the path’s edge, out of the way for other walkers though there was currently no one else except us.

 

Untying my jacket, I laid it on the ground for me to sit on, and Chanyeol sat down next to me after unstrapping his guitar from his back. I opened my backpack to pull out two sandwiches and juice pouches.

 

“Hawaiian Fruit Punch or Strawberry Kiwi?” I asked him, knowing he’d often choose based on what he was craving which often changed everyday.

 

“Strawberry Kiwi,” he said, not looking at me but rather fiddling with his guitar. He was tuning it, I think. I placed the juice pouch and sandwich in his lap before I unwrapped my own sandwich.

 

Watching him curiously, I finally asked, “Why’d you lug that thing with us?”

 

He gasped dramatically. “Dara is not a thing!” He hugged it protectively as if shielding it from my words. “It’s okay, Dara, she’s just a jealous meanie,” he cooed to it, petting it affectionately.

 

“Totally,” I agreed sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I bit into my sandwich, savoring the simplicity of classic peanut butter and jelly. “Mm, there’s something different about eating a PB & J in nature,” I remarked.

 

“Or maybe it’s because I made it,” Chanyeol suggested.

 

“Nope. Definitely not because of that,” I teased. Breaking into laughter when he made the most adorable pout, I gave in. “Okay, we’ll pretend it’s because you made it.”

 

“You know it,” he said cheekily and winked over exaggeratedly.

 

Pretending to gag, I punched him lightly on the arm. “Gross! Don’t do that, Yeol.”

 

“Why? I can do it if I want because you’re my girlfriend,” he sang the last word. “Just like how I can serenade you any time, like now.” He stuffed the rest of his sandwich into his mouth, dusted the crumbs off his hands, and picked up the guitar.

 

My eyes widened immediately. “Don’t tell me you’re going to-”

 

He began to strum the guitar and sing, “I won’t hesitate no more, no more, it cannot wait, I’m yours~” Or at leas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter