July 14th

Mid Month Celebrations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I smiled when I walked into the classy restaurant and saw my boyfriend Minseok sitting alone at a table for two.

 

“Sorry I’m late,” I apologized, and he jumped a little, startled out of his thoughts.

 

“It’s no problem,” he waved it aside. “I just came five minutes ago too.”

 

I sat and picked up a menu that I quickly scanned but looked up when Minseok said, “You look great in that dress. Did you recently buy it?”

 

Glancing down at my blue cocktail dress, I grinned, replying, “Yeah, I bought it yesterday because it was on sale.”

 

He chuckled, knowing my love for sales. “Did you choose something yet?”

 

“Yeah, I think I’m going to get this,” I decided, pointing at it because I cannot pronounce its English name, even if my life depended on it. English was never my forte.

 

Minseok peered at the picture and nodded approvingly. “Looks delicious.” He waved over a waiter, and we relayed our orders. When he left, Minseok and I filled up the time with pointless but comfortable conversation.

 

I wasn’t sure at what point I first noticed it, but by the time our dishes were placed in front of us, I had a strange, unbudging feeling that Minseok was acting a tad bit strangely. His right leg was bouncing up and down very quickly, a habit that displayed his nervousness, and his responses were rather short.

 

Now, my boyfriend was never a man of many words, but his one word responses were beginning to worry me.

 

“Minseok, are you okay?” I finally asked, unable to stop myself as I watched him stuff his mouth with food- something he never used to do.

 

His cheeks slightly swelling with food, he looked up with pink cheeks. He took his time swallowing, drinking his water, and answering. “I’m fine, why?”

 

“Well, I-” I wasn’t sure where to start. “I just thought you seemed a little nervous, that’s all.”

 

“Did I?”

 

I’ve been dating Minseok for three years now, and I knew how he sounded when he was nervous. And he definitely sounded nervous right now. He wasn’t even meeting my eyes for goodness sake!

 

“Kim Minseok,” I start seriously, using his full name for emphasis, “you are definitely hiding something right now, and I want you tell me right now.”

 

He sipped his water and refused to answer.

 

I was not going to take that.

 

Putting down my utensil, I said, “Fine. If you aren’t going to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter