September 14th

Mid Month Celebrations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Say cheese!” was all the warning I got before a bright flash temporarily blinded me.

 

After I blinked away the light, I glared at my boyfriend. “Jongdae,” I began warningly.

 

He simply smiled innocently at me. “What?”

 

I sighed, knowing scolding was going to be futile. “Just warn me better next time,” I said tiredly.

 

“Okay!” He then proceeded to shove his phone into my face. “Doesn’t this picture look good?”

 

Cross eyed because the screen was so close, it took me some time to judge the picture properly. I thought I looked horrendous as usual, but I knew that if I told Jongdae, he’d launch into his speech about positive thinking and insist I’m actually beautiful. So instead, I lied, “Yeah, I like it.”

 

Thankfully, Jongdae couldn’t tell I was lying. But unfortunately, he was so satisfied with it, he declared, “I’m going to use this as my new profile picture.”

 

“Wait, what?” Alarmed, I tried to snatch his phone from his hands but failed miserably because he raised it above his head, and I- a terribly short midget- could not grab it despite my jumps. I was so thankful we were in a private karaoke room. “Wait, Jongdae, that picture has terrible lighting!” I cried an excuse.

 

He shrugged in reply. “It’s okay.”

 

I groaned and buried my head in my hands. “At least it had bad lighting.”

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing.” I lifted my head from my hands and busied myself with the large book of song selection. “What do you want to sing first, Jongdae?”

 

“SNSD’s Gee!”

 

I looked up to give him a slightly judging look. Actually, it was a very judging look.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter