Before Part II

Why Don't I ?

" Hyung!"said Kai on the phone," Where are you? I'm bored. Let's hang out."

" Right now?" asked Kyungsoo

"mmmm." said Kai.

" Sorry Kai but I can't." sai Kyungsoo

" Why?" asked Kai confused.

" I need to practise for my musical." said Kyungsoo calmly.

" Hyung. It's sunday." said Kai unbelievably.

" Yeah, I know. I am in Baekhyun hyung's house to practise."

" Hyung, you are working too much. Just relax."

" Maybe next time, Kai? Please..? I promise to hang out with you the whole day. Ok?"

" Ok hyung. I understand."

" Ok, hyung need to practise ok?? Bye."

" Bye." Kai ended the call," Told you he is busy."

Sehun who was watching all this felt sorry for him.

"He can't hang out with you because of that musical." said Sehun.

" I Know right!" say Kai frustrated," I shouldn't have agreed to let him audition for the musical. He kept hanging out with that Baekhyun guy now."

"So? you're jealous?" asked Sehun. smiling weirdly.

" Hmm.. not really. I mean, I still got you." said Kai, smiling at Sehun.

" Thanks. " saiid Sehun a little bit blushing.," so, are you gonna do anything about that Baekhyun?"

" Hmm.. no. Kyungsoo would start hanging out with me agin when he is done with the musical anyway. I mean, they will still be friends but lets see wether Kyungsoo got time for that Baekhyun guy when he is too busy taking me out." said Kai smirking.

Sehun checked the time. " 4.00 pm."

" Oh you got to go?" asked Sehun as he stood up from his chair.

" Yeah." said Sehun," I mean i wish I can company you a bit longer but..."

" No, don't worry about that Sehun. I mean, I will not die or anything. Your business is way important than me. We can hang out anytime at school right?" said Kai

" Yeah," said Sehun," Glad to be here buddy. I need to go. Bye."

" Bye " said Kai as he watched his friend walk away from his house. When Sehun is out of sight, he went upstairs and laid down on his bed. 

' Am I jealous?'

' Am I jealous that Kyungsoo kept going out with Baekhyun instead of me?'

' Phff. why should I be jealous?'

' Did I like him?'

' Did I like Kyungsoo?'

' Oh no. Did I really like him?'

' I mean, we've been friends since elementary school.'

The next day, Kai decided to ask Sehun about this.

" Hey, do you think I like kyungsoo?" asked Kai as he slipped on his table.

" You look like you did." said Sehun.

" OMG" said Kai, burying his face oon his hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Why?" asked Sehun curiously," It's just Kyungso, I mean. You are with him since elementary and I am pretty surprised that you just like him now."

" I know, but this is not about him. It's about the thing itself." said Kai.

" The thing?"

" Love" said Kai simply," Love is complicated you know. I'm not sure I am ready for it. I mean, yeah I should grow up but... OMG."

" Don't worry," Said Sehun as he pat Kai's back," I can help you with that."

Kai laughed a little," What? What did you know about love Sehun?"

" I got a boyfriend before." Said Sehun raising one of his eyebrows.

" Really?" asked Kai," Yeah sure, you can help me with that."

" I was thinking that maybe you should wait until the musical is really over. I agree on what you said that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo won't hang ot again." said Sehun

" Oh yeah, right." said Kai. Then, the bell rang.

 

THE DAY OF THE MUSICAL, 07.03 P.M - BACK STAGE

 

Kai walked to Kyungsoo which was in his costume already.

" Hey hyung." said Kai smiling.

" Hey..... I wouldn't think of you meeting me back stage Jongin." said Kyungsoo smiling widely and immediately hug Kai after that.

" Ready for your performance?" asked Kai, whispering to Kyungsoo ears.

" Yeah, but I am nervous." said Kyungsoo

" Nervous?!" said Kai as he pushed away his body away from Kyungsoo," Hyung, you practised hard, your voice is good. What should you be nervous about?" 

" emm.... " said Kyungsoo avoiding his eyes.

" Hyung, you are confident about it too. You even told me the show will be great, you promised. I don't just go to some lousy performance you know." said Kai, holding both of his hyung's shoulder.

" Yeah, you're right." said Kyungsoo, he wanted to continue his sentance but someone wrapped his arms around his shoulder. Kyungsoo looked back, it was Baekhyun who was in his costume too." Oh, Baekhyun hyung."

" Baekhyun?" said Kai as he scanned the guy beside his hyung. That guy is shorter than him but a little bit taller than Kyungsoo. He got fairer skin than him and his innocent face made all of the guys that looked at him flutter. He look so young and his round face made him look cuter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guy beside Kyungsoo looked at him back," Are you Kai?" asked Baekhyun.

" Yes, I am Kai. Nice to meet you sunbaenim." said Kai as he bow slightly to Baekhyun.

" Ah, so you are that sweet, thoughtful little boy." said Baekhyun as he pat Kai's head a little bit," I heard a lot from you. You sound like a really fun person."

" Emm.. really? Thanks." said Kai pretended to blush," anyway, the show is about to start right? I should get going. Good luck for your performance sunbae."

" Yes, thank you." said Baekhyun

" You too hyung." said Kai as he bow slightly.

" Yes, thank you too Jongin." said Kyungsoo crossing his arms to see that his dongseng suddenly being so polite.

Kai bow once more and walked to the auditorium and sat beside Sehun.

" Have you meet your hyung?" asked Sehun as Kai bumped into him.

" Yeah, I met Baekhyun too." said Kai pretendign to clean dust away from his shirt.

" Oh, you alright?" asked Sehun starting to worry.

" I'm fine ! " said Kai a little bit harsh," now don't worry about me and enjoy the show."

" Ok,ok man." said Sehun rasing his eyebrows.

Because of that, Kai and Sehun ended up not talking to each other for the whole performance. It's really quiet but Kai was pretty happy that he was not talking. He cold watch the show peacefully. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun came not really that early but they came out soem times. Kai shoudl admit too that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's part was the best. Nothing beats them. Both of their melodious voice mixed together so well that Kai felt like losting in the middle of their singing. When it just felt for a while, the musical ended. Kai was sad but happy at the same time. Kai wanted to hear them sing even more but he was glad that he could play with his hyung again. 10 minutes later, Kai stand in front of their school building waiting fro Kyungsoo. He reached ou this phone," Hyung, where are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

" Oh, you're waiting already? Well, can you wait for another 15 minutes? I need to pack up." said Kyungsoo and he sound a little bit busy.

" Oh, ok hyung." said Kai. He turned his end his call and turned to Sehun. He raised an eyebrow.

" Yeah, I know." said Sehun in a way.

 " Gosh damn that guy." said Kai as he sat on the bench . He covered his face with his hands.

" Do you want to wait here?" asked Sehun sitting beside Kai.

" Yeah, go home with me please.." said Kai as he looked at Sehun hopefully.

"Why?" asked Sehun.

"You got plans?" asked Kai," you may go if you want to."

" No, I will stay with you." said Sehun," Just I want to know why."

" I am not using you or anything but is just that I want to be with somebody when hyung came out with other guy." said Kai.

" Oh, ok I understand, don't worry I will be here." Sehun said as he pat his friend's shoulder. Not long after, as what Kai expected, Kyungsoo went out with Baekhyun.

"Oh, Sehun, It's you. You don't go home?" said Kyungsoo as he looked at Sehun who was covering Kai from his sight," Where's Kai?"

Sehun stood up that revelead who was covering his face with both hands.

"Ah, there you are." said Kyungsoo that made Kai looked at him.

"Oh, you're finished." Kai stood up and realized that Baekhyun was with him," why he is here?"

"Oh, he walked to school so he walked back home too. It's pretty late now so I decided to send him home with us." said Kyungsoo looking at Baekhyun a little worried.

" Is that so? I was planning to take Sehun with us too." said Kai a little bit cold.

" What?" asked Sehun but Kai shushed him.

" Let's go." said Kai beckoning with his head to get into the car. Kyungsoo sat at the driver seat while Baekhyun sat beside him. Kai and Sehun sat behind them.