Before

Why Don't I ?

" Hyung !! Catch!! " shouted Kai as he threw the ball to Kyungsoo. He caught it with both hands and placed th eball under his arm.

" I am tired. Let's rest for a while." said Kyungsoo as he tiredly walking to the verandah at the back of his house. Kai walked towards the verandah too. Kai sat beside Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was looking towards the sky, blankly.

" Hey," said Kyungso," did you remember what we usually do when we were kids?" 

Kai smiled as he remembered all of his good memories with Kyungsoo.

" Yeah, I did."

Kyungsoo kept staring at the sky, " you know. We used to make a lot of paper airplanes and threw it at the same time. They would flew beautifully all together at the blue sky . I miss that moment." 

Kai  smiled at his hyung who was making one with a leaf. The leaf broke. 

" Yeah, we used to make your mom mad since our planes crushed into things and disturb her right?" asked Kai 

" Hahah. Yeah. We were asked to clean the whole lawn for that." said Kyungsoo 

" It really to clean the whole lawn though, how can we ever did that?" 

" Oh, I remember, we would ran away after doing only half of it and came back few minutes and just dump everything into the trash." 

" Yeah right. My mom caught it few months later and I was in trouble for that."

" We were in a lot of troubles when we were kids ..." 

" Yeah. Oh, remember when we pulled a prank on one of the teacher?"

" Yeah. That day was a bomb!"

" I know right !" 

Kyungsoo laid down on thhe wooden floor," I miss old memories."

" Me too hyung, me too."

Kai followed Kyungsoo and laid down beside him. He looked up where the cover of the Verandah was there. He let his eyes gazed at nothing while he kept listening to Kyungsoo's breathing . After a while, Kai realized that his shirt was lifted up a little bit. He twisted his body so that he could pull it back down. When he twisted his body to the right, he could see a mark. It was him and Kyungsoo's friendship mark. It brought him back to the time when he was way younger.

Kai got no friends back then, he was new to the school. His first day of elementary school went horrible and non of his classmate want to be with him. One day, he was walking alone at the park enjoying playing with his toys by himself when he accidently bumped into someone. He looked up, it was the toughest student in his grade. He looked at Kai's toy and gave him a smirk.

" Give me the toy." said the kid.

" No! It's mine " said Kai in defense of his toys.

" You don't know who you are messing with me. Give me the toy!" said the kid. Hands out so that Kai would placed the toy on his hand.

 But Kai kept squeezing the toy harder to himself.

" Not giving it? Fine. Lets do it the hard way." said the kid as he wanted to punch him. Kai closed his eyes and waited foor the kid to hit him but as he waited, nothing happens. He opened his eyes and found that someone was holding his hand in order not to punch Kai. The kid who held it was as tall as him but he looked really squishy and cute. He looked a bit skinny but he was amused of how strong he was. So as the kid who want to punch him. The bully put down his hand. He said sorry and ran away. The kid looked down at Kai.

" Are you okay?" asked that squishy cute kid.

" Yes," replied Kai nervously. " Who are you?"

That kid smiled at him," My name is Kyungsoo, DO Kyungsoo. This is my second year here." said that kid as he took out his hand, expecting Kai to shook it.

"Emm.. Kim Jongin. My friends called me Kai. Emm.. first year here." said Kai as he shook the hyung's hand." 

Kyungsoo shook his hand," Oh, we are just one year apart. I hope we can still be friends even though our age is diffrent. Where are your friends Kai?"

Kai looked around but there was no student that he could considered as ' friend ' so he just shook his head.

" No? What do mean by no... " Kyungsoo paused, " Oh, I get it. Why don't you play with me instead?"

Kai widen his eyes as he looked into his eyes," Emmm... "

" I mean it Kai. Hang out with me. We can be the best of friends." said Kyungsoo with a warm smile.

" Emm.. ok." said Kai.

" Great. Lets meet the rest of your friends. Shall we?" asked Kyungsoo as he reached out his hand to help Kai stand up.

Kai took the hand and stood up 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -> lines to show where i stop 

so the rest of the day, Kai spent most of his time meeting and playing with Kyungsoo's friends. Since that day, he got friends and he is the closest to Kyungsoo. He did everything together. They went to each other houses often, they studied together ( Kyungsoo taught him some of his stuff to Kai so that Kai got some awesoem marks for the rest of his elementary years), they kept moving to the same school, they kept getting trouble together and Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo taught Kai a lot of things. About studies, about feelings, about Life. Kai was more confident now because of him. He is not that extremely shy kid again.Kyungsoo alone, he never betrayed him. Not even once. The rest of the gang was seperated from them for many reasons and Kyungsoo and Kai was left alone together. Kai was still thinking of the good times he had with Kyungsoo when Kyungsoo called him that brought him back to reality.

" Kai..... Kai.... " said Kyungsoo as he lightly hit his tights.

" Oh, yeah hyung?"

" What are you thinking about?"

" Oh, nothing"

Kyungsoo stood up and checked his watch.

" It's noon now. Can't wait for the first day of school huh?" said Kyungsoo as he knelt between Kai's legs.

" Well, you seem nervous." Said Kai teasingly.

Kai and Kyungsoo was going to a diffrent high school together to continue their studies. They changed their schools after Kai finished his last year of middle school. Kyungsoo looked nervous the past few days.

" Shut up. " said Kyungsoo, " I heard a lot of experiences of high school you know."

" Really?" asked Kai in a joking tone," What ' experiences' ?"

" You know, like, high school is a place where your world changes. You know like, you found someone you actually like. Their will be a love triangle, you will experince betrayal and true freindship. Hardships and parties. You know, that kind of thing." said Kyungsoo smiling.

Kai opened his eyes in amazement," Hey, you are right."

" Of course," said Kyungsoo proudly," So, who do you imagine to be your ' The one' ?" 

That sentence made Kai's mind gone blank. 

The one?

Never thought about that

Who will be my one?

What if I won't find one?

What if.....

Kai looked at Kyungsoo. The sun shine from the background made Kyungsoo looked so.... so.. beautiful. His gleaming eyes were calling his name. His skin looked so soft and he looked as squishy as the first time Kai met him.

" Kai. Hey. Don't look at me like that." said Kyungsoo confused

Kai roughly shook his head," What? Looking at you? I was looking at that beautiful sun."

" Dude, you looked like you wanted a ." said Kyungsoo a little bit deep.

Kai widen his eyes a little bit," Emm..."

Kyungsoo smiled, a sneaky smile," Do you want a ?" 

Kai realized that Kyungsoo was already between his legs," Hyung !!! "

" Don''t worry, I am kidding. " said Kyungsoo," Now go home and get ready for school."

Kai stood up and waved him goodbye to get ready for his first day of high school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The next day....

Kai and Kyungsoo was standing ain front of  their new highschool.

" SM highschool." read Kai outloud, " Let see where this school take us to."

" Do you think I will do a great job?" asked Kyungsoo a little bit nervous

" Of course !" said Kai," Now lets go to class and met up later."

Kyungsoo nod and both of them walked inside the school. Kai walked to his classroom. His classroom was not so big but the classroom was really clean. There were students in there. Most of them were talking to one another and some of them were reading their books. When he stepped in, everyone's attention was on him. A kid who was reading a book earlier closed his book and walked towards him. 

" Hi. Are you Kim Jongin?" asked that boy.

" Yeah."

" Oh, I'm Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you Jongin." 

" Yeah, nice meeting you too."

" I know where your seat was. Follow me."

Kai followed Sehun to a seat beside him. 

" That is an empty seat." said Sehun as he opened his book back," Let's be friends in the furture."

" Ok." Kai said as he sat next to Sehun.

Not long after, the first period starts. Kai introduced himself to the class and they would start the lesson. Finally, it was break time. Kai went out of the class and met Kyungsoo at the canteen.

" So, how is it so far?" asked Kyungsoo as both of them put down the tray on the table.

" Hmm... ok." replied Kai," I made a new friend."

" Really?" asked Kyungsoo in desbelief," So fast. We just passed 3 periods. What's his name?"

" Sehun, Oh Sehun. He's a nice kid. We will start doing our project together."said Kai as he chewed on his sausage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" That's good." Said Kyungsoo ," I am not sure if we were friends but I am getting into this boy name Tao."

" Wait, you like him?" asked Kai almost spilling his ketchup.

" No. I mean becoming friends." 

" Oh.... Is he from China or something?"

" I don't know I never asked."

The bell rang, its time for them to go back to class. Days passed by, SM highschool wasn''t bad and Kai pretty enjoyed his time there. With Kyungsoo, with Sehun and his classmates. He had a pleasant time when one day... Kai was standing outside the school gates, waiting for Kyungsoo. Finnally, Kyungsoo met him with some papers on his hand.

" What's with those?" asked Kai a little bit annoyed because he waited for Kyungsoo too long.

" Sorry, I got distracted with things when I walked out." said Kyungsoo while showing the papers on his hand. 

" I could clearlyy see that." said Kai starting to walk.

" Its, its a musical."

" Musical? Don't tell me you are attending it."

" Why? I mean. I wanted to become a singer, isn't this a good chance?"

" Yeah. your voice is good."

" So do you think I will made it?"

" Yeah. Maybe."

" Yes!! Come on !! I gotta practise." Kyungsoo pulled Kai's hand.

" Ok... chill."

Finally, Kyungsoo passed the audition and since that time, he stayed back for a lot of time after school and Kai was not always there to hang out with him since sometimes the teacher thought that he disturbes Kyungsoo. Kai missed him a little bit. Kyungsoo came to Kai's house to test on his ability.

" So what do you think?" asked Kyungsoo after he sang him one of his musical song.

" Amazing. you improved a lot hyung. I bet the musical is gonna be wonderful." said Kai amazingly.

" Thanks. Oh yeah, I forget to tell you about whhat happen there." said Kyungsoo sitting down on Kai's bed.

" Yeah, what."

" So, I was asked to collaborate with this guy. His name is Baekhyun."

" Never heard of him." said Kai as he sat beside Kyungsoo.

" Of course, I just knew him too. A year elder than me but guess what? When my voice and his combined, oh my gosh you are so going to like the musical." said Kyungsoo excitedly.

" OK, ok" said Kai ," I'll enjoy it."

" Hey you know. This Baekhyun guy, he is really nice and me and him. We were friends just like that." said Kyungsoo.

" What?" said Kai.

" Yeah, I know right.I mean, he asked me to hang out already. I feel that me and him and been friends for a long time now."

" Dude. I have no idea what else to say."

" Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

" I don't know."

Yep. Kai didn't know what he was feeling. Kai knew Kyungsoo for a long time already and Kyungsoo didn't trust people that easily, but why him? Why he want to be with that Baekhyun? Why? Like it was really unfair. Kai decided that he just need to ignore that. Like, they will get back together when the musical is over.

" Wait. It's a good thing." said Kai unsurely," So, sing me another song. I think I wanted to sleep. Lets see how good you are."

Kyungsoo smiled sneakily," ok. "

Kyungsoo sang him a song but Kai just pretended to fall asleep. When Kyungsoo thought that he was asleep. He left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue tommorow