Before Part IV

Why Don't I ?

After some time, Kyungsoo kept ignoring Kai’s complain and Baekhyun kept coming. Finally, 10 years after that, there was no more hope.

“I know man, do you think I should break them up?” asked Kai on the phone,” I mean they were dating for many years now and they made it look like it was impossible for them to break up. I mean, do you see Kyungsoo’s face when he was around Baekhyun? His expression is the most beautiful thing ever!”

“You have a crush on him right?” said Sehun simply,” You want to marry him? Don’t let that Baekhyun get in the way!”

“I know but they like each other so much! Maybe too much.” Say Kai disappointed.

“Yeah but…” said Sehun in a persuading voice.

Before he could even continue, Kyungsoo burst into Kai’s room.

“Kai! You should listen to this!” said Kyungsoo more excited than ever.

“Hang on man, please hold.” Whisper Kai to the phone,” yeah, what is it hyung?”

“Listen. Very. Carefully.” Said Kyungsoo still smiling wide

. “Listening.” Reply Kai a little bit impatient.

“So, I was watching a movie with him as usual,” said Kyungsoo, he was breathing hard. Then he stopped, and squeal.

“Ok, ok calm down hyung, what is it all about.” Said Kai as he kept holding Kyungsoo’s unstoppable too-excited hands. He checked his phone, Sehun was still on.

“Ok…. Ok…… ok…. OMG…” Kyungsoo breathed in and breathed out and took a little time to calm down,”Ok..Ok so, as I were saying, we were walking along the mall together, he then brought me to the center of the mall, in front of the stage that looked like was being set up for further performance.”

“Yeah… go on….” Said Kai nodding

“He asked me that he need to go to the toilet so he left me there and asked me to wait for him. However, I was still waiting until the lights went off. I was shocked and I was worried about Baekhyunie when I heard his voice from behind. He said,’ Hello? Do Kyungsoo.’ Really cutely and y.” Kyungsoo squeal once again.

Kai stood there nodding, Sehun was still on the phone.

“So, I looked back. There was light, the one and only light that was available, it was shining on him. It was beautiful, I mean, he got a guitar on his hand, that was sooo y… He then sang this song that we sung together in the musical 10 years ago. I couldn’t believe that he still remembered it!” Kyungsoo pinched his cheeks, he was alittle too overloaded.

“Yeah, I wonder why he still remember…” said Kai in a little bit sarcastic way.

“Don’t be silly! I am just exaggerating. Why wouldn’t he remember the song that brought us together in the first place?” said Kyungsoo a little bit disappointed,” Anyways, I was enjoying my baby’s beautiful song. He came up to me, he sang around me, his voice dancing in my ears. Now, to the most amazing part.!”

“Ok, what did he do this time?” said Kai rolling his eyes secretly so that Kyungsoo won’t found out.

“He knelt down in front of me.” Said Kyungsoo sharply.

Kai unfolded his hands, looking more serious.

“He showed me a box, a small box.”

Kai widened his eyes.

“He then asked me to marry him.”

“No” Kai said with a low voice,” what did you answer?”

“Yes. I am gonna marry him.”

Kai couldn’tt believe on what he just heard. The only person he loved was taken forever form him. He was angry, sad and happy at the same time. He wanted to be with him but he was also happy that Kyungsoo was really, really happy.

“Oh, Congrtaz hyung, you found your soul mate.” Said Kai as he turned to leave the room but kyungsoo stopped him.

“Where are you going?” asked Kyungsoo,” I wanted to invite you to my wedding party.”

Kyungsoo’s words beamed into his head, it kept echoing through his mind. Kai stopped and as calm as possible he answered him back,” Nowhere hyung, nowhere. So, where will you held it at?” said Kai as he held his hand up.

“Don’t know yet.” Said Kyungsoo tapping his chin,” Somewhere romantic, it must be.”

“Yeah, right. Oh, wait, I forgot to study for my exam tomorrow.” Said Kai softly,” goodbye.”

“Emm.. Ok bye..” said Kyungsoo. He left the room.

Once he shuted the door, Kai picked his phone up, Sehun was still on the line.

“You hear him.” Said Kai letting out a big sigh.

“Sorry.” Said Sehun,” any plans?”

“Yeah,” Said Kai,” I am gonna show up at the wedding later and wish them a good life.”

“WHAT?!” asked Sehun shockingly,” I thought… I thought…..”

“Yeah, I know what you are thinking. I mean, is just that he looked reallky happy, with his life right now.” Said Kai with his giving up tone,” I mean, I didn’t want to see Kyungsoo feel horrible because of me. I would rather to see him happy with his life.”

“Damn, you just sent him out immediately just now.” Said Sehun

“Well, I need to study.” Said Kai, Sehun could heard pages in the background.

“Wait, so you are not kidding?” asked Sehun

“No, I am serious. I need to study.”

“Ok, should I hang up for now?” asked Sehun.

“Yeah sure.” Said Kai, his voice sound a little bit sad.

“I’ll call you back later.” Said Sehun

“No, I’ll call you back once I am done.” Said Kai.

“Ok, but it’s sweet of you, risking your happiness for Kyungsoo’s happiness.” Said Sehun in an adorable voice.

“What? No. I am not gonna do that. This is just the beginning. I will make him regret at least something in his life.”