After Part II

Why Don't I ?

Kyungsoo walked to Kai’s house the next day to visit him for a few while. He knocked on Kai’s door.

“Come in!” said the voice inside.

Kyungsoo open the door slowly and peeked inside. Kai was watching TV on his couch. He looked towards the door and saw Kyungsoo. He looked pretty shock.

“H… H…. Hyung.” Said Kai as he stood up from his couch.

“Hey,” said Kyungsoo a he came in, “sorry that I came without telling you. I’m just checking on you, you know.”

“Checking. Me. Out” said Kai slowly and mysteriously as a smirk appeared from his face, “You know what I am planning to do this weekend?”

“What?” asked Kyungsoo.

“You know Park Jimin?” asked Kai.

“Jimin? Emm.. the guy from BTS?” asked Kyungsoo.

“Yeah.” Said Kai calmly as he watched Kyungsoo’s face turned bitter, “Yeah, I know what you’re thinking.”

“Yeah….” Said Kyungsoo as he thought about when the time Jimin beated Kai up when they were a little younger.

“So, I made a plan with him this weekend to have a fight battle with him.” Said Kai a little proudly.

“You’re not serious.” Said Kyungsoo as he raised his tone is astonishment.

“I am serious hyung. Please let me do it, it’s one of my life goals you know.” Plead Kai as he made a cup of coffee.

“Well, I’m afraid you would get hurt.” Said Kyungsoo quietly.

“You have no idea when did this baby start to work out.” Said Kai as he lifted a little of his shirt and underneath is hard muscles.

“Alright then,” said Kyungsoo unsurely, “promise you will beat him up.”

Kai nod slowly and gave the cup of coffee he has made to Kyungsoo.

“However hyung, please don’t visit me again start form tomorrow.”

“Why?” asked Kyungsoo confusedly as he sip his coffee.

“I got plans each day start from tomorrow,” answered Kai, “I won’t be home.”

“Emm… where are you going?”

“Doing my plans.” Said Kai as he showed Kyungsoo a short list.

“Is this the thing you wanted to do before you die?” asked Kyungsoo as he scanned the paper.

“Yeah.” Replied Kai shortly.

“Dude, sky diving, seriously.” Said Kyungsoo with a weird face on.

“I’m doing it tomorrow.” Said Kai with a teasing face.

“Whoa, why do you suddenly remember to do all those things anyway?” asked Kyungsoo curiously.

Kai just sigh and sat beside Kyungsoo, “Well, I, sort of learn that, you wouldn’t live forever, you know. There will be the end of you and you didn’t know when it does come. I sort of do a mistake last time and I realized that we need to appreciate and use the time wisely in our lives before it is even too late.”

Kyungsoo smiled as he heard his friend’s wise words, “Wow, I wonder who made you like this.”

There was disgrace in Kai’s face, “Yeah. I wonder.”

That afternoon, Kyungsoo spent time in Kai’s house to practice punching and learn some moves. That night, Kai treated Kyungsoo dinner and had a good time. After their stomachs were full, they went away to their respective houses. The next day, Kai sent a picture of him skydiving. The picture shown was him with his wide smile and a trainer was beside him. Baekhyun suddenly came out of nowhere and hugged Kyungsoo.

“What’s that?” asked Baekhyun slowly taking the phone away from Kyungsoo to have a better view.

“Oh, Its Kai. He went skydiving today.” Said Kyungsoo.

“Skydiving??!!” said Baekhyun as he widen his eyes, he was really shock. “Damn, what’s up with this kid? He actually dare?”

“I know right, I couldn’t believe it too.” Said Kyungsoo, take turn to hug Baekhyun.

“The baby have grown up now.” Said Baekhyun lovingly, “Hey, he could be our baby.”

Kyungsoo smiled but slowly hit his head softly, “Yeah, you crazy people.”

That night, before Kyungsoo went to bed, he checked his phone. Unexpectedly, there was a text from Kai. “Whoa, this is new.” Said Kyungsoo to himself excitingly. Kyungsoo opened the text from Kai, it was said: Hyung you only got 5 days left