Chapter 1

Music & Lyrics

Taehyun came back to the office with a dark cloud looming over his head. None of his colleagues dared to approach him after seeing his dark expression. However, Seunghoon remains unfrazzled by his expression and happily going into Taehyun’s office.

 

“I take it the meeting did not go as well as what you thought?” He asked knowingly, patting Taehyun’s hair which earned him a swat on the hand from the obviously irritated guy.

 

“The stupid Seung Yoon hyung asked Mino as well. As in Song Minho! Can you believe the… Wait hyung, did you know about this before hand? You seem to be enjoying that a little too much.” Taehyun could not help but narrow his eyes at his friend.

 

“I might have heard something like that but only like what? Yesterday? Yoon sent a text.” Seunghoon laughs out loud, not even attempting to hold back on his obvious amusement at the matter on hand.

 

However, that only fueled the irritation of the younger guy.

 

“And it never occur to you to give me a heads up when you received the text? Hyung! How could you!”

 

“Nah don’t be upset, lets’ go for drinks later at the usual place. My treat so you have whatever you want.”

 

“Hyung, what treat are you talking about? We always drink for free there!” Taehyun counters. He shakes his head at the hyung that is well-known for being stingy but his mood slightly lifting up.

 

“I know but for a moment it sounded really good right? I will go call the others.” Seunghoon commented as he does a little body wave as he leaves the room.

 

Taehyun sighs as he leans back against his seat. It has been 2 years since they last saw each other. All he knew was Mino left to take up a job overseas through their mutual friends but that was it. He knew their friends kept in frequent contact with him but Taehyun never bothered. He and Mino were never that kind of friends.

 

In fact, they were total opposites, just like day and night. If it was not for the fact that they have common friends, they would have never known each other. Yet at the same time, being around Mino is stirring up a lot of the feelings that he thought he has outgrown them. However, all those come crashing back when he saw him wallk into that meeting room just now. He is not sure if his heart can take it again.

 

“What are you going to do, Nam Taehyun-ah” He whispered out loud.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I don’t understand why all mellow songs need to be sung in such a sad way that it makes the singer sounds as though he is dying.” Mino commented before rolling his eyes and shrugging his shoulders.

 

“I don’t know why rap music needs to be all about , money and women. Can’t they rap about other things? I believe not all rap is about all swag isn’t it?”

 

“He needs to stop feeling out so angst about love, like make something more upbeat or something. Just because he is not getting any love does not mean others are the same.”

 

“I seriously don’t understand why Seungyoon hyung wants me to work with him. I don’t remember being mean or difficult towards him. I wonder why he is out to get me.”

 

“He is too mass market. Everything about him screams mass market.”

 

Jinwoo and Seunghoon looked at each other before turning their attention back at the two men sitting across from them and trying their best to ignore the fact they were just next to each other, speaking as though the other party was not here.

 

“I thought you are busy today but here you are.”

 

“If I knew you are going to be here, I would have made sure I was busy then.”

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me right? Did I just rearrange my schedule just to listen to this? When I could be with Seungyoon at his photoshoot location?”  Jinwoo muttered just softly enough for Seunghoon to catch what he was trying to say.

 

“It seems to be the case. This is the result of your guy’s little pet idea.” Seunghoon nodded as he tilted his head back to knock back the remainder of his drink leaving the table for a bit to get another before returning a short while later.

 

“Yah, if it is such a pain in the to work together. Why don’t you just tell Seungyoon that you both don’t want to be a part of it? It is not like he needs you both desperately.” Jinwoo suggested.

 

“No!”

 

Both of them answered at the same time that they could not help but turn to each other and glare. Jinwoo and Seunghoon both looked at each other with each raising an eyebrow before they burst out laughing together.

 

“Great, I have two idiots as two of my good friends.” Taehyun commented earning a little smile from Mino who was trying his best to not to react.

 

“Since both of you are not going to back down then at least try to get along until the end? I mean I kind of like you both and do not want to find one of you ending up in some dirty ditch half alive.” Seunghoon jokes, hoping to lighten up the mood.

 

“Come on, stop sulking and drink up. We are here to enjoy!” Jinwoo exclaimed causing both Mino and Taehyun to smile genuinely for the first time since they met.

 

Raising their glasses, a night of drinking began, a reunion of sorts for Mino and Taehyun.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi, back with another update. Hope you all like it. Let me know your thoughts!