Epilogue

Music & Lyrics

It has been a week since they met up and Mino knew that once again he screwed up. He went into panic mode when he saw Seunghoon taking over the recording sessions because Taehyun had urgent matters to take care of. Of course it did not go unnoticed to him that his friends were curt with him.

 

The three saw fit to give him a piece of their minds when the session ended even Bobby joined in.  

 

“You know what you did and don’t need me to remind you. I did not know you can be such an airhead.” Seunghoon darkly.

 

“It was a sudden and I did not expect that he would be the first one to say it.”

 

“What you mean by you did not expect it? Is Taehyun we are talking about here, the one who does not do anything unless he is 100% sure.” Seunghoon reminded him.

 

“Well, unless you invented a new body language that we all don’t know, if not your actions pretty told him you like him. How was he supposed to think? I was there and if it was me I would have confessed!” Seungyoon was exasperated since he knew first hand the sweet things Mino did.

 

“He liked you since college unless you were too busy bickering with him to notice. It was quite clear once you start to look past the fact that you both argue like cats and dogs.” Jinwoo rarely got pissed and this time he was.

 

“He even let you take his first kiss for god sake.” Bobby angrily muttered.

 

“Huh? What? When?”

 

“The last New Year’s Eve party? Remember anything? Bobby even recorded it but Taehyun will definitely have his head if he shows it to you.” Seungyoon reminded him.

 

Mino’s eyes widened, he vaguely remembered kissing someone but thought it was his imagination. After all, he was too wasted with the tequila shots he was chugging down all throughout that night. Apparently, the kissed he thought was some far fetched imagination actually happened.

 

“I have never seen him look so grim when he came back from your date. I am trying hard not to punch you right now. He was so happy with your attention you blithering idiot.”

 

“I thought the feelings were mutual. I mean you always lingered your gaze a little longer on him when you thought no one was looking. How you would always asked where he was when you don’t see him. Or are we all wrong?”  Jinwoo asked raising an eyebrow at him.

 

Finally, putting the snippets together, the realization that he does in fact reciprocate Taehyun’s feelings hit him like a ton of bricks.

 

“Where is he? Why is he not here today?” Mino suddenly asked.

 

“He is not here today. I am filling in for him. He did not tell you?”

 

“I will look for him at his apartment. Wait, tell me what?”

 

“He is not there either. He is somewhere. He won’t be back for a while. Don’t bother coming over.”

 

The reply from Bobby only highlighted the fact that the 3 of them knew something that Mino did not. They were hiding something from him and they must have received instruction not to reveal Taehyun’s whereabouts. He reckoned Bobby would never tell him since he has the closest relationship with the younger guy. He might try Jinwoo since he always had a soft spot for Taehyun. He chance came when he spotted Jinwoo coming out from the gents alone.

 

“Oh no, you are not going to ask me what I think you are going to ask me. Bobby will have me skinned.”

 

“Please I really want to make things right with him.”

 

“Why? You track record is horrible. He deserves some one better.”

 

“Please, I do love him. It is just I was too blind to see it but I am sure now.”

 

Jinwoo sighed at the look of desperation in his friend’s eyes. He stared into those panic filled eyed trying to see if Mino was lying. Satisfied with what he saw, he took out his phone to send his friend a message.

 

“This is his address and phone number. Be warned that if you hurt him again I will personally hunt you down. Don’t think I am all nice.”

 

Thanking Jinwoo with a hug, Mino quickly left to go make re-arrangements to his schedule so that he could take earliest flight out.

 

“Told you the good cop bad cop guilt trip always worked. He just needed that little nudge. Who knew Jinwoo hyung could actually be sound so serious?” Bobby commented as they watched Mino furiously making calls as he left the building.

 

“Who said I was kidding? He better grovel when he sees Taehyun.” Jinwoo huffed suddenly not looking like the innocent hyung that he is known for.

 

“Remind me never to pissed you off like ever.” Seungyoon shuddered.  

 

“He is confused and just being an air-head. Deep down I think he already know how he feels.”

It took another 3 days of hardcore meetings for Mino to get all the urgent matters out of the way and non urgent items reshuffled before he could go settle his personal issue and be on the earliest flight out to Japan.

 

He waited the café nearby his place for the younger to be on his way to work. It was dawn when he touched down in Tokyo. He figured it was still too early and Taehyun was not picking up any of the calls he made. His patience paid off when he sees a familiar figure coming out of the apartment building.

 

Taehyun was relieved that work here is back on track due to some urgent issue that arose, he had no choice but to fly out to oversee things here. It has been a week plus and all he saw was the YG japan office and his apartment. He was glad for the packed schedule since it was more than enough to distract him so that he is not thinking about him.

 

He fumbled a bit with his bag when he felt his phone’s vibration but it stopped just as he found it. Looking at the screen, he was surprised to see 20 over missed calls since dawn from a weird number. He was about to return the call when his phone rang again with the same weird number flashing.

 

“Hello?” He answered cautiously.

 

“Yah! Do you know it is dangerous to walk with your bag open? You want to invite trouble?”

 

“Why are you telling me what to do? I can bloody hell do whatever I want. Song Minho… Oh!”

 

He quickly ended the call in shock. His heart was suddenly beating wildly. He bit his lips wondering what to do as the panic set in.

 

“Wait! I am in Tokyo and he is in Seoul.” He told himself as he tried to calm down his nerves. However, he immediately went into panic mode again when he realized that Mino was not supposed to know this number.

 

He nearly jumped out of his skin when his phone rang again. He nervously tapped on the green icon on his screen.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Don’t you know is rude to just hang up on people like that?”

 

“How did you even get this number?”

 

“You can run but you cannot hide. I will still find you somehow. I missed you.”

 

Taehyun look up only to see Mino slowly walking towards him. Without saying a word, he cupped Taehyun’s face with his hands and kissed him gently nibbling until he opened his mouth to deepen the kiss. After gathering his senses, he pushed him away.

 

“What are you doing here? How do you even know that I am here?”

 

“I am here to save you from your misery and wallowing over your supposedly broken heart.

 

“Misery? Broken heart? Yah! Who was the one who gave the mixed signals? Who was the one that froze up when I said “I love you”?”

 

“I am sorry but I realized it now that it has always been you even without knowing that I am in love with you. I am sorry I was an airhead. Give me another chance, Taehyun.”  

 

Seeing how he baring his heart, Taehyun sighed before he gently leaned in to peck his lips softly.

 

“You are lucky that I love you too.” He softly whisper as he nuzzled against the crook of Mino’s neck.

 

“Come back to Seoul with me.”

 

“I can’t, not for another 3 weeks until the project ends.”

 

“What? You are not transferring here?”

 

“Who gave you the idea?”

 

“Our friends, who else?”

 

“Something came up that I needed to settle and since I am here I want to tidy up some of the loose ends before I go back. There is Seungyoon hyung’s album so I gave instruction to Seunghoon to stand in for me until I am back.”

 

“So I groveled for nothing?” Mino exclaimed earning a hard slap on the arm from the younger guy. Smiling goofily, he accompanied Taehyun to work.

 

The rest of the weeks flew by really quickly for the new couple. They would go out on dates, accompanying Taehyun to work or just simply lazing the day away at Taehyun’s apartment or in bed to be more specific. They still bicker over little things that is just the way things were between them. Some things just does not change.

 

Soon, they would be heading back to Seoul so on the last night they spend the evening lazing around. Taehyun was cuddled up against Mino working on his laptop while he was on a Japanese drama marathon. Smiling as he sees the younger comfortably leaning against him, he took a box out from his bag and giving it to the younger guy who look at it curiously.

 

“Open it.”

 

The younger guy lets out a small gasp when he sees a pair of matching bracelets. Mino just smiles as he took one and fitted it around Taehyun’s wrist then his own.

 

“Couple rings are clichéd. I like bracelets better. What do you think about moving in with me after we head back?”

 

Taehyun smiles giddily as he touched the bracelet on his wrist. Leaning in, he gently pecked on Mino’s lips.

 

“That sounds like a good plan.”

~~~~~~~~~~

The end for reals this time. Sorry for being a mini troll on the last update. But i wrote the story in a way backwards based on the last scene at the airport. So that was like the final.

But as a er for happy endings .. an epilogue is a must. hope you like it!.. See at my next fic. Love you!