Chapter 4

Music & Lyrics

Flashback:

 

Taehyun was never a fan of crowded places or parties in fact the times he went for parties was because his group of friends dragged him. Therefore, the last New Year’s Eve party before he graduated with Seungyoon was no exception. He tried to sit the party out but it was no use since Bobby was going too so Seungyoon entrusted the duty of dragging Taehyun there to his best friend instead.

 

“Don’t be sulky, lazy-kins. There is no backing out now since we are already at the door. Oh! I just saw Hanbin, catch you later if not I will just see you back home.” With that, Bobby made his way to where his boyfriend was leaving Taehyun to spot where his friends were.

 

In the end, he managed to locate where Jinwoo and Seungyoon were and spent the rest of the night drinking away trying not to gag at the lovey dovey things that Seungyoon and Jinwoo were doing. Seunghoon was hanging with some girl the entire night somewhere. He knew that Mino was there but being the social butterfly that he was, he should be around somewhere getting wasted.

 

It was really close to midnight where Taehyun signaled to the couple that he had to go to the bathroom.

 

“Ok and try to head back here soon. We got to countdown to the New Year together. Oh did you know that if you receive a new year’s kiss from the one you like that you will together for the entire year?” Jinwoo commented randomly before turning back to Seungyoon.

 

Nodding an affirmative and trying not to roll his eyes at the obviously smitten Jinwoo, Taehyun began the crazy fight of squeezing his way to the bathroom. When he was done, he came out only to find the place super crowded and he was trying to squeeze way back to where his friends were.

 

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6…” He tried to push his way across but it was impossible, there were too many bodies to get through.

 

“5, 4, 3, 2…”

 

Suddenly, Taehyun was grabbed by the waist by a pair of strong arms and he could not make out who it was except that it was a guy.

 

“1! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!” It was exactly at the of midnight that he felt a pair of lips touched his.

 

The touch of the lips against his was electric and it filled Taehyun with need that he felt really light headed. The kiss started out as something gentle and harmless grew more intense when Taehyun started to respond and kiss back hungrily. The lips on his became harder and more demanding that he could not help but slid his arms onto the guy’s shoulder as Taehyun was pulled closer in his arms.

 

It was then the familiar scent of the aftershave that managed to seep its way into Taehyun’s senses sending a heady wave through him. He hastily pushed back when he realized who he has been kissing all this while. He looked at the familiar pair of dark orbs and felt his heart beating wildly as he waited for that moment of recognition from the guy in front of him. However, the guy only lowered his head and due to the state of sobriety he was in. He all but leaned his head on Taehyun’s shoulder.

 

“Yah! Song Minho, get off me you giant oaf!” He tried to shake him only to be reward by some incoherent mumbling from him.

 

He was slipping onto the floor that Taehyun had absolutely no choice but to support him as so to distribute the weight. He wondered how he was going to make his way back to the table where his friends were which he has no idea which direction it was located at.

 

“Oooff! Yah! I can’t breath you silly oaf!” Taehyun whacked his back when Mino suddenly put his arms around him and hugged him so tight that almost cut off his air supply.

 

He seemed to get the message as he loosened his hold by a fraction, allowing Taehyun to breathe. The crowd parted slightly and he saw Seunghoon, Seungyoon and Jinwoo standing there with shock written all over their faces. Next to Jinwoo, he saw Bobby and Hanbin, his idiotic best friend who was grinning cheekily, was holding his phone clearly recording everything.

 

“Don’t just stand there and gawk. Help me with Mino would you? He is not exactly light here. Yah! Bobby stop recording and delete the video or I swear you will die a horrible death. Wipe the smirk off your face Hanbin!” Taehyun barked.

 

Seunghoon quickly stepped forward to yank Mino off Taehyun and dragged him to their table, the rest were grinning excitedly and obviously have a field of a time teasing Taehyun for the remainder of the night.

 

Taehyun could only sigh as he let himself be dragged by an excited Jinwoo unable to busk in the afterglow of the little encounter. Looks like his secret was not so secretive anymore…

 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

Sitting alone in the recording studio, Taehyun unconsciously lifts a hand to touch his lips. The encounter of his first kiss kept popping back into his mind especially with what happened previously at the club.

 

Since that incident, all their friends knew the real score between Taehyun and his feelings for Mino except the man in question. Taehyun doubts Mino even remembered the little incident. In fact, he was pretty sure that all Mino remembered from the party was those wretched tequila shots that he had been drinking for that whole night. All small part of him wondered if he remembered but Taehyun was pretty sure if he did he was would asked him about it instead of staying silent all these while.

 

Mino was standing outside the studio for the past 15 minutes contemplating whether he should go in or not. He was confused, he never felt that way before. Sure, he enjoyed ruffling the younger’s feathers but that feeling of jealously and possessiveness was a very new reaction for him and he could not quite put his finger on why he feels that way. He was not sure what to say when he saw Taehyun when the door to the studio suddenly opened.

 

Taehyun was coming out to go get a bottle water when he saw Mino outside mumbling to himself. Looking rather flustered and embarrassed, he pretended just got there instead of trying to burn a hole on the carpet after incessantly pacing back and forth for the last 15 minutes.

 

He moved to the left to let Taehyun pass but the younger unknowingly moved in the same direction. Taehyun tried moving to the right and the other moved in the same direction as well. After a few times, Taehyun let out a frustrated sigh, looking everywhere else instead of the guy in front of him.

 

In the end, Mino stepped to side to let him pass since the path was narrow, they had to face each other. Their eyes met but Taehyun quickly looked away and in his haste to get away he almost tripped but luckily Mino grabbed him in time. He quickly moved away from the other since the touch was lingering on both of his arms.

 

“Sorry.”

 

Taehyun’s eyes flickered towards Mino in surprise since they never said this word to each other ever. Immediately without a doubt, he knew that he was referring to the other night for the way he acted rather than now. Not knowing how to respond, Taehyun just walked away with a small smile on his lips.

 

He broke into a wide smile that he had a hard time wiping off as he entered the studio. Putting his bag on his side of the studio, he took out a paper bag to put on the younger’s side. Pretending to be busy with his stuff, he sees Taehyun coming back in and silently moving to his side. He took a peek at him seeing the younger guy silently opening the paper bag and smiling shyly when he saw what was inside. Mino’s good mood lasted for the rest of the day as they got to work.

 

With their tracks all done and sent to Seungyoon and YG to review, there was no reason for Mino and Taehyun to meet up everyday anymore. Mino was disappointed as he sat in his own office. They won’t meet until it was time for Seungyoon to record the actual track once it is approved. However, it may only be a few times since not all their tracks will be approved and by then Seungyoon will be there instead of just the 2 of them. He will surely missed the times when it was just both of them.

 

However, Mino’s mood was lifted a lot when he got a call a few days later saying that all their tracks made the cut for the album and could start recording soon. He gets to meet Taehyun often for another month again and he could not wait for it to start…

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi, I mentioned that I am not updating but I lied.. I cannot get the story out of my head so I decided to just finish a chapter and update. 

Enjoy! please comment so I know what you all are thinking :)