Chapter 3

Music & Lyrics

It will be an extremely long shot to say that their relationship turned for the better because they still argued over every single detail. However, what was different was that they never made it into a bitter argument like the previous incident. They took more care to make sure it was not a personal jab at the other party.

 

It was safe to say that neither Mino nor Taehyun have a compromising bone in their personality trait make up. They had to argue right down to how the song should be sung.

 

“Why should the note suddenly turn high here? Are you insane, Taehyun?”

 

“It will be fine once you incorporate the other tunes in. It will fit. Trust me on this?”

 

“I prefer the original version that the demo singer sang. It sounded better.”

 

Seriously, Mino had absolutely no idea how Taehyun got hired by YG Entertainment after they graduated. In fact, Taehyun secured the junior producer position even before they officially left college and has never looked back since, slowly, working his way up to one of the upcoming talents in YG entertainment’s pool of  creative people. Mino always felt that Taehyun was never much of the risk taker most of his tracks did not really differ much so it was a puzzle as to what YG and Seungyoon saw in him though.

 

For Mino, his music was all about taking risks, the notion of never looking carefully before he takes the leap just to see where he will end up with. This was one of the reasons why he took up a overseas position in the States just to experience and open his eyes to how things are done there. He figured 2 years was just about right after all home is in Korea, everyone who mattered was in Korea too and in some strange way even Taehyun.

 

However working together for the past month or so, he will acknowledge that Taehyun works harder than the rest of the team. He knows that because there was once when Mino forgotten to retrieve some of his files so that he could work at home and decided to do a quick zip into the studio to get them. He was surprised to see that the studio lights were on at 1am in the morning. He figured it must be Taehyun who forgotten to switch off the lights when he left for the day.

 

He was even more shocked to see Taehyun still at his corner of the studio working. He had his headphones on. His left hand was poised at pause button and his right was holding a pencil. He was singing along to the lyrics that Mino wrote, seeing if they fit nicely before he would furiously make notes. He was shocked to know that Taehyun could actually sing so well and his range was impeccable; drifting from high to low notes effortlessly.

 

He did not know how long he stood at the door just watching Taehyun worked. He could not help but smile at the way the younger guy’s brows would naturally droop even lower when he is stuck but will smile happily once he got back his train of thoughts. Mino even began to wonder how is it that the glow of the monitor seemed to enhance the paleness of his skin.

 

Wait... Just what are you thinking about, Song Minho?

 

Shaking the crazy thoughts out of his head, he entered in to get what he came for. He knew that Taehyun was stunned to see him just like a deer that was caught by the headlights. Mino pretended that it was perfectly normal to be walking into the studio at 1am in the morning.

 

“I believe our day ended like 7 hours ago. Why are you still here?” Mino asked as he checked his files and taking those pieces that he wanted to work on at home.

 

“I should be asking you the same question since you are back here as well.” Taehyun answered as he took off his headphone and stretch his hands and back after sitting for hours.

 

“I just came to take some files that I left behind. You have not answered my question as to why you are still here. Have you been staying back so late all these times?”

 

“What do you think? It is the only time I get to finally work without you hovering over me and taking jabs are at every single thing which I don’t get why you have to argue with every single thing I do when you jolly well know I am right.” Taehyun answered back, letting the words roll of his tongue.

 

It was a long day and Mino could tell he is tired and was not going to play nice. He sees Taehyun massaging his temples as though he was feeling the exhaustion setting in.

 

“Hey, it is late. Have you eaten? Did you drive? I can send you home if you did not.” Deciding to just put up a temporary truce and be nice.

 

“I am not hungry. It is ok I will get a cab, I drove but I am too tired to deal with driving.” Taehyun mumbles as he pinches the bridge of his nose. However, his stomach chose that moment to let out a grumble signaling otherwise.

 

“Stop the dilly-dally, I am suddenly hungry, samgyeopsal is suddenly calling out to me and I hate eating alone so you are coming with me. Then I am driving you home. Don’t argue.” Mino decided not to call on the other’s bluff. He picked up his files before moving over to grab Taehyun’s music sheets before heading out, leaving the younger wide eyed as he scrambled to get his bag and following behind Mino. 

 

In the end, they headed to a grilled meat place near the studio. Over a few plates of meat and 2 bottles of soju, Mino realized that if they steered clear of music they actually shared a few common points. He was pleasant surprised to know that Taehyun could be a funny guy to hang out with and with a laughter that sounded rather infectious as he listened to Mino’s funny encounters when he was working in the States.

 

Maybe it was the soju that made Taehyun feel more relaxed around him but Mino was a bit shocked when Taehyun suddenly turned to him wanting to feed him a vegetable wrap. As he leaned forward, he could help but be drawn into those dark brown eyes. He tried hard to ignore the tingle when his lips lightly touch the tips of Taehyun’ fingers. He could not help but notice how Taehyun’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he turned back to wrap one for himself.

 

He was surprised that overall he actually enjoyed their impromptu supper. It made him felt like a teenager all over again especially the few times where Taehyun would shyly feed him a wrap. As he drove towards home after dropping Taehyun at his apartment, he realized that Taehyun was actually good looking.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Their relationship got slightly better after the supper, they argued lesser and only when it was necessary if not they will just nod and agree to the other’s suggestion. He began to notice the little quirks of the younger guy like how Taehyun would suddenly pout cutely while he worked or how he would suddenly let out a shout when he got too stressed out. Initially Mino wondered what happen whether Taehyun was hurt until he found out it was how he dealt with stress.

 

He was still thinking about how their relationship actually changed for the slight better when he reached the entrance of their usual club where his good friends were waiting but he frowned when he realized that Taehyun was not with them. It has been a while since they last met up and he was looking forward to hanging with the complete gang but with their youngest missing in action, Mino was disappointed.

 

“Mino! You are just in time. Hurry we need to get a good spot. Luckily there is still 15 minutes till midnight before the guest DJ comes on.” Seungyoon was pulling Mino excitedly into the club.

 

“What is the rush? Is the DJ that good? Where is Taehyun by the way?” Mino was puzzled as the 3 pulled him along.

 

“Taehyun is busy but he will be here. Yes the DJ is awesome that is why we make sure to come when he is spinning.” Jinwoo answers cheerfully yet there was something mysterious about Jinwoo’s smile that Mino noticed as they went to the centre of the dimly lit dance floor.

 

Mino was surprised to find their usual hang out spot was a littler more crowded than usual. He was still clueless as to what was the reason for that. Everyone seemed to be excited for the DJ to come on. Seunghoon already started his crazy body wave with Seungyoon and Jinwoo joining in. Mino looked around hoping to spot a certain guy with the signature centre parting but to no avail.

 

At the same moment, the lights dimmed even more and the music switch to an awesome electro house beat that got everyone including his 3 friends cheering and moving the beat even Mino was no exception. His body automatically moved on it own accord following the awesome beat.

 

Mino kept his back towards the DJ booth the entire time since he kept looking at the door but after 15 minutes he decided to forgo the idea that Taehyun was going to be here. Turning around he finally got a good look at the guest DJ and was stunned to see that it was none other than Nam Taehyun.

 

Mino swore his mouth dropped when he saw the younger guy. Gone was the Taehyun with his soft yet elegant features and in place was a manly Taehyun. Clad in a plain white tee and skinny jeans, Mino thought that Taehyun looked really masculine and really hot.

 

The tracks he mixed for the 2 hour setlist was awesome and each peaks were stragtegically placed so as to leave the crowd wanting more. Mino could not help but notice how his hands moved over the DJ console was such ease that it was almost like second nature. All Mino could think was how alluring he looked with his eyes closed, the way he was biting his lower lip slightly and the way his body was grooving to the beat. Suddenly, Mino really wanted to kiss him right then and there.

 

“He is that good right?” Seungyoon half shouted in Mino’s ear as they sat down after Taehyun ended his set and making his way over to their table.

 

“I never knew he is a DJ here.” Mino answered absently his eyes were watching Taehyun walking over.

 

‘He used to work here as the regular DJ back in our college days. It was also here he got spotted by YG and earned a job there. You mean you never wondered why we always drink for free here?” Seungyoon countered.

 

Mino was about to turn to answer Seungyoon but what he saw made him see green all over. Some guy was obviously trying to chat him up from the way he was leaning really close to Taehyun and whisper something in the younger’s ear. Without warning and thought, Mino stalked over to Taehyun and half dragged him out of the club.

 

“Yah! What do you think you are doing? My wrist hurt!” Taehyun shouted at Mino as they stood by the side of the club.

 

“The guy just now was obviously trying to get into your pants.”

 

“Oh then should I be thanking you then? I knew how to handle such things. Besides why are you so worked up? It is not like I am giving away my first kiss or something.” Taehyun answered back sarcastically rolling his eyes.

 

Something snapped in Mino upon hearing Taehyun’s words and the next thing he did was grabbing Taehyun by his shoulder pulling him close before claiming his lips in a kiss that unexpectedly shot a bout of lust in Mino’s system.

 

Mino could feel Taehyun’s shock then resistance as the younger guy kept his lips firmly shut. Undaunted, Mino then nibble Taehyun’s lower lip that caused him to moan softly then as quickly as his lips parted, Mino broke the kiss.

 

“Now I believe I have claimed your first kiss.” Mino whispered. His face was dangerously close to Taehyun that he could feel the younger’s breath against his lips and his eyes was dark with unexpected desire for the guy in front of him. Without waiting for Taehyun’s reply, he turned and headed toward the direction of his car.

 

“That was definitely not my first kiss, Song Minho.” Taehyun whispered to the retreating figure. Gathering his composure, he headed back into the club to join their friends, giving nothing away as they looked at him with curiosity. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi back with an update. a longer chpater since I will be too busy over the weekend catching up on much needed sleep. Work is a .. well i hope you like it as usual. it will really be a nice motivator to hear from you. would love to hear your thoughts.