Chapter 2

Music & Lyrics

Taehyun woke up with a blasting hangover from the drinking session the night before. He should not have indulged in too much Jager bombs and martinis. The lingering taste of the two mixed together just made him want to puke his guts out. He came to the conclusion that any noise level that was more than 30 decibels deserved murder even if it meant going to prison for it. He would still commit the crime.

 

He wanted to roll in bed some more and just as he was about to fall back to sleep, his normal weekday alarm blasted out a loud shrill. Groaning in agony, he managed to find whatever strength he could muster to wake up and get ready.

 

“Oh god why is it only Thursday?”

 

Stumbling into the kitchen, he saw his room mate, Bobby, whipping up scrambled eggs with a side of bacon. Thanking his lucky stars that he was not on breakfast duty this week, he just plopped himself at the dining table, cradling his head hoping for his headache to subside.

 

Bobby looked at his best friend stumbling out of his room with mirth. The guy was totally smashed and wasted last night. As his best friend, it was his default duty to clean Taehyun up and tuck him in. They have been classmates since college as well as room mates. After seeing Taehyun through all episodes, there is nothing he does not know about the guy including his love life.  

 

“Morning, lazy-kins! Breakfast is ready!” Bobby greeted him loudly which Taehyun swore was more than his limit of 30 decibels. Putting a plate in front of him, Bobby sat down beside him with his breakfast.

 

“God Bobby, I love you but I swear if you talk any louder, I will have absolutely no choice but to kill you.” Taehyun groaned while pouring his morning cuppa hoping that it cures that little hangover he is sporting.

 

“Now don’t be testy. Besides, why are you drinking on a weekday night anyway? You should have known better.”

 

“It is just with the usual gang, nothing special except the fact that the idiot was there as well. Since he is back for good and we need to work together under Seungyoon hyung’s request. I mean is not like I can reject, you know how much hyung loves to nag at people.”

 

“Well it is not the end of the world and honestly you don’t really hate him deep down inside. Who knows things might be different now. All I can say is just be open, let things flow naturally and give it another chance. You might just be surprised.”

 

“May be I should give it another go right? Then I can safely say that I tried my best if things don’t turn out the way I want to.”

 

“Now that is the spirit!”

“Please Bobby! Keep it down! I don’t want to resort to killing you!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Day 1:

 

“Seriously a ballad? Seungyoon has come up with a few already and you thought is okay to add more? Like really?”

 

“True. How about this one? It is mid-tempo and on a slight faster BPM.”  

 

“Possible, but how about a slightly even faster BPM but not a dance track?”

 

Taehyun was somewhat about to agree but he seemed to be unable to bring himself to agree with him twice in a day Mino figured as he observe the guy next to him. Mino could almost see the way Taehyun’s gears is going and he just hope he listens to his common sense instead of his pride.

 

“No, the mid tempo one I feel is still better.”

 

“I disagree then.” Mino answered as he flashed his typical smirk at the younger guy.

 

Taehyun felt like wiping that smirk right off his face at that moment.

 

Day 4:

 

They have been arguing for the pass 3 days with no solution or middle ground in sight since they could not decide a genre for the track. It was a terrible understatement to say that they disagree over creative issue because that is barely skimming the surface. When two incredibly stubborn person who take pride in what they do best, it was like World War 3 that is about to erupt.

 

“A one sided love affair!”

 

“What’s with you and sad love songs huh? I don’t get it. Why must a slow song be about pain? Grow up, Taehyun!”

 

“It is the working formula.”

 

“Don’t talk to me about working formulas or about the dos and don’ts about the industry because the gods of music did not send me the memo on that. As the saying goes, if you can’t beat them, just join them!”

 

It was a stressful the past 3 days and it took a toll on Taehyun. He was too mentally drained and tired to continue dealing with a stubborn Mino. He figured he had enough and did want to take anymore that Mino was throwing at him. Without saying another word, he took his bag and left for the day, cutting the session abruptly.

 

Day 5:

 

Taehyun stepped into the recording studio earlier hoping to catch up on the work since he left so suddenly the day before. He figured that Mino would not be in so early and he could just concentrate without distraction or him taking jabs at his working or just being a big bad douche.

 

However, luck was not on his side when he sees Mino sitting at his spot with both ear pieces stuck in so Taehyun figured he could not hear him come in. He silently went to his corner of the room but was puzzled to see a bag placed in front of his keyboard. Peeking inside, Taehyun was pleasantly surprised as it contained a piece of Oreo cheesecake from his favourite cake shop and a bottle of honey ginseng tea.

 

He sneaks a glance at Mino who was deep in concentration on the monitor in front of him. Taehyun could not help but smile as he turned to boot up his systems because he knew that it was Mino’s way of telling him he is sorry.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey hey, thanks for the comments. I am having too many ideas for this that i want to take this.. oh god it is consuming up too much of my thoughts. Well here is the next update, wanted to post tomorrow but since it is finished so i figured to just post it today. Hope you all like it, let me know what you think! :)