Someone New

Sharing is Caring

Quick Autor' note: Hey guys, this chap has a flashback scene, so while it's flashback all the text will be in italic, araji?

~.........................~

It was monday morning and Jimin was feeling way better, the flu he had was long gone. The boy smiled at his reflection on the mirror while dressed his coat, and adjusted his glasses. Memories of the conversation he shared with his dad a few days before flashed through his mind while he waited for the time to go to school.

 

It was a few hours after Jungkook and his mother went away, the man put the toddler  inside his crib, flicked off the lights and slightly closed the door of the nursery. Then went to his older son's bedroom to check on him. "Knock, knock", he said, knocking on the already open door, and walked into the room. Jimin was sitting on his bed, watching cartoons on tv. The little boy smiled at his dad, who caught a chair from the writing-desk and sat by his bed. "How are you feeling, son?", the man patted the kid's hair. Jimin coughed a little bit. "I'm feeling better. Can't wait to go back to school, appa". The man laughed, he was almost sure the boy was enjoying to stay at home.
"So, that was the famous Jungkookie, huh?". Jimin's eyes almost closed from the grin he gave his father, and nodded his head. "He seems to be a nice kid. Why haven't you invited him home before?", the man asked curiously, after all they didn't have a big backyard, but the playground wasn't too far from the house. Jimin shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know... Appa is already busy taking care of JiHyun and me, and also making the house work. I didn't wanted to bother".
The man sighed, it was true he was kinda busy with the house work and the baby, but his family happiness came first, right? "Ya, Park Jimin,you are no bother to me at all. I like to have you kids around." - the man got up from the chair and sat by his son's side on the bed, hugged him tightly - "Sometimes appa gets really tired and complain, but don't take it too seriously, araji?". The boy nodded his head again, understanding, and got back to watching television with his dad. About half an hour later or so, Jimin felt something tugging at his coat sleeve, and looked up at his father. The boy hadn't realized he was asleep.
The man got up and fixed the boy's position on his bed, put his glasses on the nightstand and the blankets closer to his body. "Good night, dear", he said, and kissed his forehead. "Uh, and invite Jungkook home someday". The sleepy boy closed his eyes and that's the last memory he had from that day.

 

Jimin ate his breakfast and walked slowly to school. It wasn't too  cold anymore, what was a good sign that spring was arriving. The boy went straight to the cherry tree, where he knew Jungkook would be waiting. The boy could see the joy his friend felt to see him back at school, so he was also happy. "Hyung" - the younger boy said while he hugged his best friend - "are you 100% good now? I'm so glad". After a moment both separated. "I'm 200% good, Kookie-ah" - Jimin pushed up his glasses on his nose and put his arms upwards , hands closed in fists, and angled them in an attempt to show off nonexistent muscles - "See? I'm like a superhero. Super Chimchim"both boys laughed.
At this moment they noticed a boy had stopped beside them, it was Kim Taehyung, from Jimin's class. "Jimin! I'm glad you're back, I... ours seonsaeng-nim gave us a project to work on for the Science Fair, and I was counting on you to come back so, you know, maybe we could do it together... 'cause nobody else would want to anyway", the boy said and  lowered his head a little, the last part was barely audible. As the he had forgot something, the boy turned to the other side and greeted Jungkook, bowing at him, "Oh, mian Jungkook-ssi, Annyeong". Jungkook, who was taken aback from the older honorifics, also bowed at Taehyung. Jimin nodded his head at the boy and smiled, "Sure, Taehyung-ah. I don't get why you don't have a partner, you're so smart".
The bell rang and the three boys went to their classes, Jimin and Taehyung together to a side, and Jungkook to the other. At the lunch break Jungkook was surprised to see that there was another person sitting at the bottom of the stairs. Jimin said Taehyung used to spend the lunch reading alone in class, so he decided to invite him to join them. The younger of the three boys felt a little awkward because of the change, but could manage to get used to it if he needed to, Taehyung was also a nice kid to be around.

Taehyung had planned for him and Jimin to do the project at the next afternoon, after school. And as Jimin' s dad told him he could invite Jungkook home, the boy thought it would be okay if the three of them did  their homework at his house. And so they did.The next day they walked a few minutes until they reach the Park residence. Along the way, Taehyung couldn't stop talking about how excited he was to spend the day with his new super best friends, how he started to call them. Jungkook and Jimin just laughed in amusement, the younger of the duo getting more confortable with the presence of the new boy little by little.
That day was Jimin's mother day off at work, so his dad wasn't so busy with the house. The boys sat at the dinning table, putting their belongings above it. As the two classmates were working on their project, Jungkook stoled a few glances at them while making his own homework on his notebook. The older ones project was to make a balloon inflate on its own with vinager and baking soda, for the 4rth grade's Science Fair. Taehyung was measuring and putting all the ingredients together, while Jimin was taking notes. The first try didn't work really well, the balloon went flying away, and they couldn't stop laughing. For the second try they decided to exchange papers.
Seeing his best friend having so much fun with someone else made Jungkook start to feel unconfortable again. It wasn't like he didn't like Taehyung, he did, and he also liked to see Jimin happy, but something just felt off for the little boy.
"Jungkook-ah, wanna try it once?", it was Taehyung, taking him out of his thoughts. The little boy looked up from his notebook and nodded his head, releasing a small smile on his lips. "Here, you just have to put it inside the bottle...", the boy explained the instructions while Jimin helped his friend with the ingredients. He worked well, and Jungkook couldn't help but smile, now for real, at his actions. The balloon was getting bigger, slowly but still, and Taehyung and Jimin cheered and prized him for the good job. And somehow, inside Jungkook, the atmosphere between the three of the was lighter.

~..............................~

 

Annyeong (안녕) = Hi
Mian (미안) = I'm sorry

Autor's note: 

Helloooo ^-^

Well, the story in this chap is not over, it will continue on the next chap because it's quite long, and hey there's some drama coming soooon.... Beside this chapter and the next one, I guess I'll write only another one that will be the last of this fase with Jimin and Jungkook still kids, but we can talk more about it later, quack :v

Soooo, who noticed the Akdong Musician's reference right there? I did, if you didn't go search for it. I really like that song.

And well, I hope you guys liked the new character!!! There's some other coming on the next chapter, which I already wrote but it's all on paper, so I have to pass it to the computer and it's sooo tiring, but I'll work hard for you. Where my Taetae biased at?